Helmet fogging

Weepro.... I'm not sure I want to type that into the internet.

It might like the time my wife typed 'Role play' looking for ideas for her infant classroom role play area. She got more than she bargained for.

I couldn't help myself so I googled it with safe search off in images and I can report that nothing embarrassing turned up whatsoever . Which was disappointing .

It might like the time my wife typed 'Role play' looking for ideas for her infant classroom role play area. She got more than she bargained for.

I couldn't help myself so I googled it with safe search off in images and I can report that nothing embarrassing turned up whatsoever . Which was disappointing .

you wont find the product disappointing though and that's for sure.

I was very sceptical but thought ah what the hell, buy one.

cant tell ya how good it is.

• 3 weeks later...

you wont find the product disappointing though and that's for sure.

I was very sceptical but thought ah what the hell, buy one.

cant tell ya how good it is.

Yup invested in one of these for the Mrs cos she doesn't have pins for pin-lock...

It's better than my pin-lock and cheaper. Next time I need to replace the pin-lock, I'll go with one of these instead. Great find.

-- Edit --

Came unglued (quite suddenly while riding). See my update a few pages forward.

Edited by elwon20

Completely contary to the comments from some posters I always keep my helmet indoors above a radiator so that it is warm when I set out. This reduces the liklihood of misting up, after all, misting occurs when water vapour condenses on a cold surface so having the visor warm will help reduce this. Also, a Pinlock works extremely well at reducing fogging, specially in the wet.

Again contary to another post, my main problem with fogging is my spectacles, not my visor. I use Fogtech DX on my glasses and this works well to prevent misting.

If it's not actually raining, having the visor open a tiny bit will prevent fogging.

• 3 weeks later...

Completely contary to the comments from some posters I always keep my helmet indoors above a radiator so that it is warm when I set out. This reduces the liklihood of misting up, after all, misting occurs when water vapour condenses on a cold surface so having the visor warm will help reduce this. Also, a Pinlock works extremely well at reducing fogging, specially in the wet.

Again contary to another post, my main problem with fogging is my spectacles, not my visor. I use Fogtech DX on my glasses and this works well to prevent misting.

If it's not actually raining, having the visor open a tiny bit will prevent fogging.

How long does this stuff (fog tech) work for because the spectacle problem is the only problem I have now and that’s only basically at traffic lights when queuing?

I find the visor fogs up less when I keep it clean (Fairy liquid and warm water). Wearing the balaclava over your nose Dick Turpin-style also helps. I mostly wear contacts but occasionally glasses. I usually crack the visor open one notch when stationary or at a crawl and this stops any fogging. Also leave the balaclava well below the nose when wearing the specs and this helps. As for keeping glasses clean... Isopropyl works well as it degreases too.

How long does this stuff (fog tech) work for because the spectacle problem is the only problem I have now and that’s only basically at traffic lights when queuing?

I've found the FogTech works even after cleaning my specs with a glasses wipe ( Aldi) & lasts for a few weeks. If you clean the specs & that cleans some of the fogtech off it still works but not aswell. I frequently have to ride at walking pace & haven't fogged up yet. The only problem is the fogtech seems to make the specs more likely to get spec case dust / etc to stick to them & deffo don't touch the specs with your fingers or you'll be looking through a fingerprint. I swear by the stuff & a pinlock, sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

well I've just found the perfect solution to the helmet fogging problem.

forget the pinlock at about £25/£30 a throw or a cheaper version on ebay.

I've just fitted a weepro visor insert after seeing some test results on you tube.

absolutely no fogging whatsoever.

£19.95 including postage.

check it out on you tube.

if there's ever a product that does what it says on the tin it's this one.

Wanted to update on this. As mentioned earlier in this thread I bought one of these for the Mrs and rated it highly... It worked well and is cheaper than a pinlock. I was even going to get one for my helmet next time I needed to replace my own pinlock(s). Unfortunately, the Mrs' one has just come unglued inside her visor while she was riding along. Just popped out in her face, properly scared her.

I cleaned her visor with alcohol before applying it and applied it in warm temps (indoors). If anything when I put it on my major concern, was that we wouldn't be able to get it off again. I really didn't expect it to just fling off by itself. Could be a one-off but I'm quite disappointed tbh :(

I wouldnt be without my pinlock. No fogging whatsoever. My glasses however do fog so i wash them in washing up liquid i used to do the same on my old helmet visor and it works. Doesnt last though. Probably every 3rd ride or so.

well I've just found the perfect solution to the helmet fogging problem.

forget the pinlock at about £25/£30 a throw or a cheaper version on ebay.

I've just fitted a weepro visor insert after seeing some test results on you tube.

absolutely no fogging whatsoever.

£19.95 including postage.

check it out on you tube.

if there's ever a product that does what it says on the tin it's this one.

Wanted to update on this. As mentioned earlier in this thread I bought one of these for the Mrs and rated it highly... It worked well and is cheaper than a pinlock. I was even going to get one for my helmet next time I needed to replace my own pinlock(s). Unfortunately, the Mrs' one has just come unglued inside her visor while she was riding along. Just popped out in her face, properly scared her.

I cleaned her visor with alcohol before applying it and applied it in warm temps (indoors). If anything when I put it on my major concern, was that we wouldn't be able to get it off again. I really didn't expect it to just fling off by itself. Could be a one-off but I'm quite disappointed tbh :(

Well I’m quite surprised about that as mine is 100% solid in place and just checked after reading this.

They do apparently however have a six months replacement policy if anything untoward happens.

I’d say ungluing is definitely untoward.

Unfortunately I can only recommend as I find and as I say mines fine.

Personally I’d be contacting them and explaining what’s happened and I hope they’ll be able to help.

Well I’m quite surprised about that as mine is 100% solid in place and just checked after reading this.

They do apparently however have a six months replacement policy if anything untoward happens.

Personally I’d be contacting them and explaining what’s happened and I hope they’ll be able to help.

I totally get it, to be clear i'm not criticising yourself in any way shape or form, just giving out my own experience.

I've taken your advice and contacted them, and we'll see how their customer service responds... If they replace it for free, and the next one doesn't fall off within 3 months i'll be a happy man. These things can and do happen occasionally.

the pinlock on my helmets work well.

I never got on with the pinlock on my Caberg so didn't even consider it on this one.

Let’s hope the coming good weather makes fogging less of a problem for all of us soon.

the pinlock on my helmets work well.

I never got on with the pinlock on my Caberg so didn't even consider it on this one.

Let’s hope the coming good weather makes fogging less of a problem for all of us soon.

I've got a genuine pinlock which works 10x better than a non brand type which I had on a cheaper lid. Also muc-off anti fog treatment is just the best if your specs get steamed up. This stuff really works, it's expensive but worth it imho.

s-l640.jpg.de165da8a0b8fcb8ef7e289bb1aaeae1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I totally get it, to be clear i'm not criticising yourself in any way shape or form, just giving out my own experience.

I've taken your advice and contacted them, and we'll see how their customer service responds... If they replace it for free, and the next one doesn't fall off within 3 months i'll be a happy man. These things can and do happen occasionally.

Well I reached out to them on 16th March and they still haven't replied... Possibly COVID, but I doubt COVID has prevented them from replying to their emails. Especially as on the 16th it was really having a huge impact on day to day work life yet.