Not starting

kaisimpson94

Hi there, I have a lexmoto hawk 125cc and Im having issues with it. It's sitting in high revs in neutral (9000/10000prm). I've taken it to about 3 different garages and not one can help me.

At the moment I've replaced the spark plug, the starter and relay, checked my oil levels and it isn't starting up at all. Itll start up first time off if jump start but as soon as one of the cables come off it instantly cuts out. Can anyone help me with this issue please and thanks

It is also cutting out in the rain and I have no idea where or what is getting in. I've checked literally everything and don't understand how or why it's happening

Can anyone help me with this issue please, it would be greatly appreciated.

Could be any number of issues, first thing make sure the battery is fully charged using a suitable charger, then get yourself a multi meter if you don't have one, then find an owners manual if you don't have one, then you can start checking the regulator/rectifier and the stator using the info in the manual :thumb:

Also use the search function here, there are plenty of posts regarding similar problems in the Pitstop section :thumb:

I don't know if it's just because it's a 125cc or a lexmoto. They've already robbed me over £700 by saying they've done running issues on it but when I spoke to the mechanic he told me they don't do running issues on my bike. So I'm looking to fix it myself

Guest Richzx6r

They may have been put off because its Chinese but does sound strange that they won't help, where are you based as possibly one of us could help you out.

It sounds like an electrical problem somewhere, but the revving up could be something stuck in the carb (if it is carbed)

I'd agree with above that get a manual for the bike and go from there

Another reason why putting you location in your profile is a good idea, if someone is close to you they more than likely would offer to come round and have a look at it for you :thumb: