Motorcycle VED changes

Stu

Does anyone know plans exist for raising taxes as we move from fossil fuels to electric?

This is what I mean: fuel duty is scheduled to bring in £28.4bn this year - that's around 20% of the cost of running the NHS. Where's that money going to come from as people buy less fuel? Are there any new taxes are in the pipeline?

Does anyone know plans exist for raising taxes as we move from fossil fuels to electric?

This is what I mean: fuel duty is scheduled to bring in £28.4bn this year - that's around 20% of the cost of running the NHS. Where's that money going to come from as people buy less fuel? Are there any new taxes are in the pipeline?

they will think of something.... track vehicles and charge drivers per mile, toll roads every where :roll:

It will go on your electric so when you make a brew your paying VED :roll:

Thats how I see it happening

Same as the government always do. "Buy this new vehicle, it's good for the environment so we'll charge you less....". Once the majority of people have made the switch that then becomes the demonised vehicle and taxes are hiked up. Keep a look out for the electric vehicle battery scrappage tax in the not too distant future. Those things aren't gonna compost very well. I drive a self charging hybrid. To my mind they are all smoke and mirrors. It's far less economical than my previous car, a diesel Volvo V40, but it's extremely company car tax friendly which is the only cost that affects me personally.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately any changes are unlikely to be led by sceintific facts but by misinformation by lobby groups. For instance it has been widely publicised that air quality has inproved during the epidemic. What has not been so widely reported is that the particulate count has actually increased, yet it's supposed to be deisel vehicles that are the sole cause of particulate emmissions!

its all bollox, explain this if its about emissions, i got a little Fiesta tdci van to smoke about in , £220 a year i think it is to tax, if it was a car it would be £30 ,exact same engine in both.

Comes under commercial :wink:

I knew some one would say that, same engine same emissions its all a con.

And this is from a government that claims to support private enterprise , small businesses and the so called Hard Working ( Struggling) Family . 🤔