Changing the Stator on my zzr600 and oil

James in Brum

Found the connector! Strangely without my assistant saying ‘daddy daddy daddy’ on repeat in my ear I could concentrate.

Have you took it apart to see what its like?

Old stator has a plast thing that looks like it creates a seal between the generator cover and the housing at the back. New one does not. See pics.

What do I do about this. There should be one I gues? Because otherwise why have a gasket?

Does it not come off? yes you need that seal

as for the wires no it doesn't matter

Magic :lol:

I have found a potential problem though!

The new connector probably has 3 pins with it? that need to be connected to the wiring

You need a proper crimping tool for these!

Those are the pins in my hand. I have a crimping but on my posh wire strippers. Just off to buy solder to make the job good :-)

It depends on what crimp tool you have?

no need for solder in fact it can make the connection brittle and snap with vibration

Thanks both. In tool station, they don’t have solder so I am buying the crimping tool :-)

If this all works I will have enjoyed myself :-)

Top tip

learn how to use the crimper before going in as you only have 3 connectors and you need them all :lol:

I was only out for forty minutes. Bike worked well, I did not think to check the battery again, in part because it’s a faff. I shall risk it for work tomorrow :-)

Then I need to buy a charger. I am wondering if my regulator rectifier thy I took off is working and I wonder if my old battery is fine.

I was only out for forty minutes. Bike worked well, I did not think to check the battery again, in part because it’s a faff. I shall risk it for work tomorrow :-)

Then I need to buy a charger. I am wondering if my regulator rectifier thy I took off is working and I wonder if my old battery is fine.

Keep the rectifier you can always try it on future. Use the new battery they have shelf life and old one is well used and abused of you have had charging problems.

If your battery is hard to access you can get a good idea of voltage in battery on any live connection or bulb.

On my FZ6 i would split rear light connection under seat...

Not precise but it gave enough information.