laptop on a Motorcycle

Leave it at work or get another job . I stopped doing homework when I stopped going to school and I strongly objected to the idea right from the word go . Even now I have nightmares about it .

Leave it at work or get another job . I stopped doing homework when I stopped going to school and I strongly objected to the idea right from the word go . Even now I have nightmares about it .

I'm guessing that this is preparation for working at home if required.

I carry mine in a padded sleeve in a shoulder bag or in a padded rucksack in a top box. If you don't have any of that then just wrap it up in a big towel with a rubber band around it. Basically anything will be fine if it stops it experiencing repeated hard shocks.

Some companies just want laptops taken home for security reasons of course. I used to work across several sites and carried a laptop in my topbox.

As said already, get a good quality padded laptop bag. Also be careful in cold weather. I destroyed one of mine when I switched it on after riding in icy conditions. Condensation had formed inside the laptop and it went bang as soon as I powered it up. Make sure it's switched off and can't power up in transit.

I destroyed one of mine when I switched it on after riding in icy conditions. Condensation had formed inside the laptop and it went bang as soon as I powered it up. Make sure it's switched off and can't power up in transit.

Good point! Never immediately switch on computers if they've been exposed to cold and damp conditions.

Tried to carry a birthday cake in a soft pannier on a fireblade once. Bit optimistic with the benefit of hindsight. Didn't end well.

I tried carrying 2 bottles of milk in this topbox in 1976. Didn't end well!

FILE585.JPG.6665f5f65cddc8baa90386dfddec8846.JPG

I used to stick mine in a small rucksack, and put the whole lot in the top box. Worked a treat.

Now I've got panniers, I put the laptop in a silicone sleeve, and pad out the remaining space with some over-trousers so it doesn't flap about too much.

I've also dropped the laptop several times on the floor. Now they've understood I'm clumsy, they've given me a solid state drive.

Tried to carry a birthday cake in a soft pannier on a fireblade once. Bit optimistic with the benefit of hindsight. Didn't end well.

I've had a similarly bad experience with a half case of wine.

I've had a similarly bad experience with a half case of wine.

I only erased all my bank cards once when I got my first magnetic tank bag.

Who says we don't learn from experiences (he says nursing a painful scab on his forehead where he touched the header pipes while changing the oil this weekend :()

nice kettle if the milk had survived you could have had a brew

Let them give you a lappy , put it in a rucksack and it is a very expensive back protector !

If you don't like the thing just keep phoning I.T and say it wont power up (Don't bother to plug it in !)

Cheers

Ian

I've had good experiences with tank bags. It's another idea. I've used them for carrying many different things.

Easy access to items as it sits in front of you. With many you can remove them in just a few seconds and many double as a rucksack/swing over bag also. Perhaps you may have to add extra padding if the tank bag is not specifically designed to carry a laptop.

My work laptop has survived many miles just put in a Kriega US30 and strapped to the pillion seat.

Same here: I just shoved it in a Kriega US30 on the pillion seat and took it all over Europe in all weathers for about five years, and it's still fine. I figured if the seat was good enough for a pillions nads it'd be good enough for a laptop. :thumb: