Going rogue......

dynax

The reason I got back into motorbikes is because I was fed up of motorists knocking me of my push bike. Of course I did the sensible thing and bought a 125 to get back into the hang of things - and found that was only marginally better than a push bike.

Since I went to a 500 and a 1200 things have been different. I totally get that more power isn't everything, but you don't have to use all the power all the time. I would not feel safe on a small capacity bike on the roads these days. I rarely ride by push bike on the roads, nearly always use off road trails.

Guest Richzx6r

Yeah we aren't saying that you must have a bike with a million BHP but I have to agree with the above as to the overall increase in danger from the cagers in this country as most of them will just see you as a nuisance and target you and I agree that with such a small capacity machine there will be nothing in reserve for when a cager becomes a moron and tries to harm you in some way.

But all that said it is your choice and who are we to stop you

Good luck

Here you go , what about one of these ? Now I realize that it's still a neck snapping 80cc but it would certainly solve the problems of getting it down the side of the house . It's also bound to be made in China and it's ugly as f**k . That's at least two boxes ticked already .

Polish_20200317_115213370.thumb.png.a4e910da20bd7636d3befd1407facfe9.png

Whilst i can accept that vulnerability is an issue to some extent, the responsibility firmly lands in the riders lap to look after themselves, travelling on a 30mph road is the same for any vehicle, and yes going 30 on a 70 dual carriageway is asking for trouble, but most of those can be avoided, on the whole people are far more accepting of other activities that are more life threatening, would it not be more beneficial to actively encourage people to get out of their cages and onto two wheels, rather than say no don't do it you will die!, how many motorists do you see doing a daily commute of 10 miles or less by themselves, the majority of those motorists would have AM entitlement, so instead of saying 50cc scooters and mopeds are bad, say yes go get one and ride it on your commute, it would be fair to say that some training would be adviseable for anyone who has not ridden before, but i am sure the benefits would outweigh the negative, i am a firm believer in everyone should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as it does not harm anyone else, there is unfortunately still a some superiority complexes amongst the biking world, when all said and done a bike with two wheels and an engine, is still a bike with two wheels and an engine regardless of size and number of cylinders, and if you actually take the time to research you will find that that the number of bikers who are going smaller in engine size is actually increasing, and quite a few are in the sub 125cc bracket.

:cheers:

, and if you actually take the time to research you will find that that the number of bikers who are going smaller in engine size is actually increasing, and quite a few are in the sub 125cc bracket.

Quite so Dynax, this picture was taken outside of a local care home. The Harley dads with loud exhausts have been converted.432236143_escooters.jpg.d78974956b43586d1dcd10f80df989b5.jpg

Whilst i can accept that vulnerability is an issue to some extent, the responsibility firmly lands in the riders lap to look after themselves, travelling on a 30mph road is the same for any vehicle, and yes going 30 on a 70 dual carriageway is asking for trouble, but most of those can be avoided, on the whole people are far more accepting of other activities that are more life threatening, would it not be more beneficial to actively encourage people to get out of their cages and onto two wheels, rather than say no don't do it you will die!, how many motorists do you see doing a daily commute of 10 miles or less by themselves, the majority of those motorists would have AM entitlement, so instead of saying 50cc scooters and mopeds are bad, say yes go get one and ride it on your commute, it would be fair to say that some training would be adviseable for anyone who has not ridden before, but i am sure the benefits would outweigh the negative, i am a firm believer in everyone should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as it does not harm anyone else, there is unfortunately still a some superiority complexes amongst the biking world, when all said and done a bike with two wheels and an engine, is still a bike with two wheels and an engine regardless of size and number of cylinders, and if you actually take the time to research you will find that that the number of bikers who are going smaller in engine size is actually increasing, and quite a few are in the sub 125cc bracket.

have you had a bigger bike Dynax ?

Why didn't you just tell us when you've got one ? You know very well exactly what the majority on here are going to say about downgrading to a Chinese 50cc from a Chinese 125 . I think we've been here a few times before https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71280

Why didn't you just tell us when you've got one ? You know very well exactly what the majority on here are going to say about downgrading to a Chinese 50cc from a Chinese 125 . I think we've been here a few times before https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71280

I was a bit worried on the insurance front and was forward thinking in preperation of a high premium, but now that is immaterial for the time being, the money saved will be going towards getting bridget done so i can use her to do my tests, then i can move her on :thumb:

Nothing wrong with having a good old fashioned debate, but in all seriousness you will not die riding a 50cc moped, and if more people actually used them for their commute to work or doing what they usually do that can be done using one instead of a car, yes you will struggle to get a trolley full of groceries on one, but going to see relatives or friends for a cuppa in the morning or afternoon a few miles away doesn't need a four wheel cage to get you there, since i started riding the car only gets used on average twice a week with maybe the odd day or two during the month, and if wasn't for the fact that it's needed for my other half we wouldn't actually need a car :thumb:

As a matter of how interest how much is one of these 50's?

Because I can't figure out how buying one of these (which will have zero resale value) is going to save you money?

New the Hunter is £1100 give or take and the Aspire £1300, used a few hundred depending on age and condition.

Because I can't figure out how buying one of these (which will have zero resale value) is going to save you money?

New the Hunter is £1100 give or take and the Aspire £1300, used a few hundred depending on age and condition.

For that sort of dosh you could probably get yourself a later year Honda or Yamaha 125. And it'll have little or no depreciation hit!

For that sort of dosh you could probably get yourself a later year Honda or Yamaha 125. And it'll have little or no depreciation hit!

He's already got one ! That's what makes this all the more absurd .

I thought he had 2 Chinese ones Bob?

Here you go , what about one of these ? Now I realize that it's still a neck snapping 80cc but it would certainly solve the problems of getting it down the side of the house . It's also bound to be made in China and it's ugly as f**k . That's at least two boxes ticked already .

i bet its nice and economical too :D

I thought he had 2 Chinese ones Bob?

No , Bridget 🤢 is a perfectly serviceable CG 125 .

there is unfortunately still a some superiority complexes amongst the biking world, when all said and done a bike with two wheels and an engine, is still a bike with two wheels and an engine regardless of size and number of cylinders,

Surely that also works the other way too? Listening to people continually drone on about how small bikes are enough is just as boring you know.

and if you actually take the time to research you will find that that the number of bikers who are going smaller in engine size is actually increasing, and quite a few are in the sub 125cc bracket.

Link?