What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

oldgrump

Haven't done anything in the bike for some time due to a ripped tendon in my shoulder. Felt better this week so thought I'd start with something easy and would fit done indicators I got off eBay. Ended up taking bloody ages and having to dismantle half the bike. Anyway, happy with the result and the shoulder still works.

Front indicators work as running lights when not indicating...

Rear indicators act as extra brake lights when not indicating...

Cheers

Mark

So, the leaky radiator. Remove ridiculous and unnecessary shoulder pad plastics:

https://i.imgur.com/5CpNY5U.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Remove unnecessary belly pan and move bracket for unnecessary belly pan which happens to be RIGHT IN THE WAY of the coolant drain bolt :roll:

https://i.imgur.com/MPT1F8J.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Drain the tea from the system

https://i.imgur.com/LXeBC3H.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Honestly I've never seen coolant look like this.

Old one on the left, less old one on the right..

https://i.imgur.com/LvQQIgE.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Installation is the reverse of removal. Fill with much more delicious looking liquid:

https://i.imgur.com/YOQScs8.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Start 'er up and run until the fan comes on, no leaks means a job well done. Mechanicing is so easy sometimes.

Get a new bike they said. You won't have to fix it all the time they said. Mehhhhh!! Now I just have to hope that the coolant hadn't turned to tea because it's full of exhaust gas..

I have removed a stator and wired in new one :-)

I have mended the rear brake light switch which had been a do later job.

It’s seems like such a little thing written down but seems like a really big deal to me.

I need an extension bar and some penetrating spray so that I can loosen the rear axle nuts so I can tension my chain. I will look to replace the chain in May I think.

Can they work in the rain?

The USB is waterproof with cover on, relay is going to be tucked up under side plastic, I think given the position of the socket rain shouldn't be an issue while riding if it was needed.

The USB is waterproof with cover on, relay is going to be tucked up under side plastic, I think given the position of the socket rain shouldn't be an issue while riding if it was needed.

You've got a bike [mention]Bender[/mention]? :shock:

Why isn't it listed on your profile? Not Chinese is it?

You've got a bike @Bender? :shock:

Why isn't it listed on your profile? Not Chinese is it?

Chinese really.....

DSC_1531.thumb.JPG.e663a299f916ad493673be5af2e96d02.JPG

Fazer.......good choice!

Maybe you're not the knuckle dragging bellend that I thought you were?

Of course if you want any credibility we'll need to see some Ride Reports!

And no......that doesn't apply in your case [mention]dynax[/mention].

Two days of commuting later and having had to have a couple of weeks away from the bike I love it! Dry roads less traffic and all the pride that comes with having mended it! [mention]Stu[/mention] i will drop some dosh in the forum coffers after payday as a little thanks for the forum.

I bloomin love it!

Reattached the now silver sparkle powder coated pillion grab rail to the F800st.

It had suffered somewhat from having the Givi topbox bracket on top of it, flaked and grotty. Now as good as new if not better.BD3AE924-9B3F-4D31-AF50-F56CA4FFBA60.thumb.jpeg.a03dcbaf7bbb8a13264f02a069e94abf.jpeg

Unwrapped the bike from its winter Woolies. Happy to find it started first time and ran up to temperature without any hiccups. Had to top up the air in the tyres and now all set for a run south from Teesdale to Gloucestershire on Saturday. Weather permitting I'll take the scenic route via Sedbergh and Kirkby Lonsdale then past the hell hole of Liverpool/Manchester into the Welsh borders and on to Gloucester. If it's crap I'll go via the A1M and Coventry then Stow and home.

Went out on Xena this afternoon had go pick up a prescription, then went for a ride to get some beans, the supermarket had sold out so i ended up going to the Forest of Beans, luckily there were a couple of young tins in the undergrowth :thumb: so both Xena and Bridget have a small tin of beans each to keep them going :lol:

The Forest of Beans.

P1020649.JPG.408dcb83bd3d08b2b65505995d8bd77e.JPG

Duly collected ready to take home,

P1020655.JPG.c2403cf163b53d2739d070a1680bfdad.JPG

P1020658.JPG.1639ecf0dbe11254be5490f9bb65df83.JPG

Not today but Wednesday I actually rode it!!

bit of an achievement after been on sick for 9 weeks and counting!

Managed to test my new textiles I have had for about 4 months! Which are lovely and warm 8-)