Am I wrong?

Davidtav

So. I went out today on my almost new Kawasaki z650. Parked in a cafe and went inside for a burger. I’m probably over protective but chose a seat where I could see my bike. Anyway I could see this young family return to their car parked next to my bike. This kid started touching my bike. I was about to get up but then I could see Dad walking towards youngster. I thought that’s ok he will sort it. However what he did was lift the kid on to my bike and take pics on his phone. I was livid but they all left quickly before I could have a word. Probably just as well

Kids love bikes so them sniffing around is to be expected but the Dad has no business putting him on it.

If I'm near my bike and people with kids show interest then I'll ask them if the wanna have a sit on it, even start it up and let them give it a rev if they don't look too sensetive. I find most people are very respectful but there's always one idiot.

Sure sounds lucky for them that they managed to do all this so quickly that you couldn't go all Sons of Anarchy on them. How far away were they that you could see all this but not confront them before they got away? ☠️

Guest Richzx6r

Yeah I'd have been pretty pissed off by that too, I'd have gone out there as soon as I saw him pick him up and go to put him on the bike, wouldn't have given a stuff about my burger at that point

Yeah. I kind of stood up and froze while this was happening. To be fair there was zero damage. And I have done similar myself with my mates kid recently. With this bike. But that was different. I don’t know these people. Yes I don’t blame the kid. The Dad was at fault

Guest Richzx6r

But it was completely different because a. Its your bike and b. Your friends kid not your friends kid on some random persons bike.

I agree it's the father that's at fault.....but its beyond me how someone could be so bold as to do something like that.....total madness.

My missus just said if she saw someone doing that to my bike she would be out in a flash creating hell

Yeah I'd have been pretty pissed off by that too, I'd have gone out there as soon as I saw him pick him up and go to put him on the bike, wouldn't have given a stuff about my burger at that point

hmm , bike ...burger ...bike …. fook the bike , burger all day long :wink:

What is it with some of these 'wits that think it's okay to touch anyone else's property, some people just need a good :whip: :spank: :hammer:

I wouldn't be overly concerned at people wanting photo opportunities with your bikes [mention]dynax[/mention]. 8-)

If I'm near my bike and people with kids show interest then I'll ask them if the wanna have a sit on it, even start it up and let them give it a rev...

...and then kick it into 1st and watch the little f*cker fly.

:thumb:

What is it with some of these 'wits that think it's okay to touch anyone else's property, some people just need a good :whip: :spank: :hammer:

I wouldn't be overly concerned at people wanting photo opportunities with your bikes @dynax. 8-)

Quite right! only reserved for very special people :lol: :thumb:

I've had this before, I was nice about it and told him I don't mind his and other kids getting up close to look, but sitting on is a step too far if it's without my permission prior. He got a bit "alright, it's not like he did any damage" and I just said if car doors didn't have locks and you found someone sitting their kid in the front seat, you'd feel a certain uneasiness with it.

Also came back to find a teenager trying to show off to his mates sat on my bike years back. Who then just smirked at me when I asked him to get off. He got off acting like I was the problem with what I said next. But difference situations call for different responses :thumb:

If you see it again, try to drop it as a nice request at first. If they get snotty, then give them the beans

I wouldn't be overly concerned at people wanting photo opportunities with your bikes @dynax. 8-)

Quite right! only reserved for very special people :lol: :thumb:

And you are most certainly special [mention]dynax[/mention]! 8-)

If I'm near my bike and people with kids show interest then I'll ask them if the wanna have a sit on it, even start it up and let them give it a rev...

...and then kick it into 1st and watch the little f*cker fly.

:thumb:

I've often wanted to do this to 17 year olds revving the nuts off there little pop pops at traffic lights but not to my own bike lol

It was definitely not right what happened and had this been an adult it may have been classified as attempted robbery. I would say in general it's probably illegal to jump/sit on someone's vehicle without permission.

Where I have lived you would not believe what happens. In Spain, Barcelona, some people literally just sit on any random scooter in the street like it's a public seat and make a phone call or do whatever they want etc.. When I first saw this I got angry even though it was not even my scooter! I think perhaps this behaviour has reduced somewhat though.

In fact on many bikes if you read the owners/Haynes manual, technically a person should not be putting their whole body weight on the bike when on a stand/side stand so that could be doing damage in itself. In general, motorbikes are not designed for this.

Had it happen to me too. Pretty much the same thing - came back to find a bloke holding his young kid up on the seat of my bike. I told the bloke calmly, politely and firmly never to do this to any bike ever again. I was probably a bit over the top, but he was a kindly bloke and didn't punch me in the face. :D

a few years ago i was at a bike meet fairly near me one weekend and a little lad was looking at my bike and his mother asked me if he could have a sit on my bike which i said yes which makes things a lot more pleasant, the mother asked first the lad was very happy and i was happy to let him because of it :D