Motorbike Accident Survey for University Project + £50 Amazon Gift Voucher Prize

Claud 14.7 to 1

Did @Stu sign this off?

Really? You could just exercise your powers of self administration and ignore this thread. What is it with people on here running to mummy?

He owns the forum you pleb. Giveaways and surveys usually need to be approved by forum owners.

Hiya guys!

Thank you so much for participating! I really appreciate it and in general you have been very nice about this which is a real credit and complement to you, and something which I very much appreciate.

There is still some way to go in reaching the minimum numbers required, so those who have not done so yet, please keep on participating.

To be able to run such surveys there is an extensive ethical approval process and we are required to include an outline of the survey, consent form, data privacy/protection information and a debrief section. These measures are in place to protect participants.

The survey does not ask for any personal or contact information because the data must be kept confidential and anonymous.

Remember, to be entered for the raffle, please follow the instructions in my first post.

Thank you so much once again.

Regards and stay safe! :thumb:

Did @Stu sign this off?

Really? You could just exercise your powers of self administration and ignore this thread. What is it with people on here running to mummy?

He owns the forum you pleb. Giveaways and surveys usually need to be approved by forum owners.

I know who he is thanks. Didn't realise you where his deputy though.

images.jpeg.0ac4042b5a4f8848e273b208536d121d.jpeg

I know who he is thanks. Didn't realise you where his deputy though.

images.jpeg

I'm not his deputy.

Sorry but I still don't see how this realistically relates to an accident scenario.

Your gathering data on people's ability to watch consecutive videos and then answer questions, which in the real world is not how an accident happens.

The data will already be off simply by giving advanced warning of said event about to take place.

I think the purpose is more to do with how witnesses report an incident and how a different way of wording a question can seriously influence the answer received. It's nothing to do with accident prevention per se.

Hiya Guys,

Thank you for the interesting comments. I think I can clarify some of them here, but after the survey is ended.

Much information is actually in the survey itself, as it's required that participants know certain things in advance and after the test section is completed.

There is still some way to go to reach the minimum number of responses which I need for this project, so for those who have not done so and would like to participate, please do take part. I really appreciate it.

Also do make sure to follow the instructions in my first post to be entered for the raffle. Amazon still delivers through the quarantine and there's absolutely loads of things you can purchase on Amazon nowadays.

It's likely I will have to end the survey next week sometime as time is running short with regards deadlines etc., so I'd recommend getting in early. "You have to be in it to win it" as the saying goes.

As stated in the survey, if you have any questions or doubts about taking part in the survey, please message me personally and I'd be happy to clarify.

Regards and stay safe,

Claud.

Thank you to the latest participants.

I literally just need a few more survey responses so please please anyone who has not done the survey yet, please do so (details and link in my first post of this thread). Over the next 7 days would be perfect.

Many thanks again to you all and stay safe.

Regards,

Claud.

Hi Guys,

Thanks to the new participants!

Last call, so anyone who wants to participate, please do before end of this coming Sunday (5th April) as I think I will be able to (and have to) close the survey.

I'll get the raffle done and I then will leave you guys in peace I promise :wink: .

Thank you for your patience,

Claud.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

Thank you so much to all the participants. I have managed to get the minimum numbers and have closed the survey.

I also ran the raffle (blind raffle) and a winner was picked and the winner has received the eGift voucher. In the end I had to run the survey over 4 online forums because it was not possible to get the minimum number of participants from only 1 or 2 or even 3 forums. It was quite a challenge, but got there in the end.

In the end the winner was from another forum (link below). Unfortunately I cannot afford to give a prize for each forum. Maybe next time I can offered various, smaller gift vouchers for each forum instead of one big prize for just one winner, so that more members can benefit.

Here is the link to the thread so that you can see who the happy winner is and that they received the prize as promised:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=330005&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

Again, a massive thank you to all that participated and for your help, patience and support. If you need anything, just let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Regards,

Claud.