If we become unable to walk the dog....

onesea

Some may of observed our efforts to get a dog, one that turned out that is:

Bigger than expected,

Noisier than expected,

High exercise,

Highly friendly and social,

The problem we have is...

He becomes a nightmare if does not get a daily hour off the lead running, some days we can get by with an hour's lead walk.

The next day he needs to be out of lead.

For off lead we are spoiled with the new forest 10 minute drive away.

The local walks front door type walks are monopolized by pompous people who believe dogs should never socialize and who's owners I have learned to socially isolate from before C19.

If they stop allowing walking we will need to get him tranquillisers industrial strength, well if not we won't have much of a house to isolate in. :shock:

The are already the moral brigade saying it's an unnecessary journey :|

Any ideas?

Sounds like my Cocker Spaniel

With respect I have had cocker spaniels lovely a little bit active and mainly obedient...

It's when dog trainers say:

1) You might have to just keep him on a long lead, several 1 on 1 lessons later.*

2) you realize that dog will never be classically trained,

3) the nicest we have had yet after meeting him after a few months, there are some slight signs of improvement.

* You highlight the dangers of long lead with 40 kg on the end, my answer was you try they soon agree...

IMG_20200316_081914_3.thumb.jpg.2a0f109126431cf134cc7c05c835fa69.jpg

You know those snacks you had in a green plastic bag, I did not eat them..

IMG_20200225_075708_4.thumb.jpg.3723d5506b57abd7ed902b53aca88002.jpg

I plan my escape...

IMG_20200116_141100_4.thumb.jpg.b460a4138fd4faa7f1cf1b5b66226ff7.jpg

Hmm that smells interesting.

On the plus side he's friendly, he is none reactive/ aggressive to other dogs.

He always comes back in the end, I have tried losing him.

When you get the amature dog trainers this is what you should do.... Well maybe this will, he really is not food motivated is he?

Others where the person who was 1/2 waving his foot half kicking dog to keep him away. Dog started chasing his foot around, it was funny all he had to do was put his foot down and chase game was over..

Then there was the one who went to smack his nose for sniffing near him, dog snapped at his fingers no contact but warning don't you dare. We don't smack his nose, he really doesn't like it.

It's just the house and back yard is never going to be big enough. If he dosnt get an hour run his behaviour soon becomes :?

Keyboard warriors here demanding campsites closed none one allowed in forest every car park was full yesterday.

Think of the illness they bring to us, we are pure here in first. Failing to mention how many have jobs and commute to London daily...

With respect I have had cocker spaniels lovely a little bit active and mainly obedient...

It's when dog trainers say:

1) You might have to just keep him on a long lead, several 1 on 1 lessons later.*

2) you realize that dog will never be classically trained,

3) the nicest we have had yet after meeting him after a few months, there are some slight signs of improvement.

* You highlight the dangers of long lead with 40 kg on the end, my answer was you try they soon agree...

IMG_20200316_081914_3.jpgIMG_20200225_075708_4.jpgIMG_20200116_141100_4.jpg

On the plus side he's friendly, he is none reactive/ aggressive to other dogs.

He always comes back in the end, I have tried losing him.

When you get the amature dog trainers this is what you should do.... Well maybe this will, he really is not food motivated is he?

Others where the person who was 1/2 waving his foot half kicking dog to keep him away. Dog started chasing his foot around, it was funny all he had to do was put his foot down and chase game was over..

Then there was the one who went to smack his nose for sniffing near him, dog snapped at his fingers no contact but warning don't you dare. We don't smack his nose, he really doesn't like it.

It's just the house and back yard is never going to be big enough. If he dosnt get an hour run his behaviour soon becomes :?

Keyboard warriors here demanding campsites closed none one allowed in forest every car park was full yesterday.

Think of the illness they bring to us, we are pure here in first. Failing to mention how many have jobs and commute to London daily...

Oh don't worry about "with respect" - I love my dog, he's well behaved (generally) and affectionate, great with my new born....

But he's a nutter.... constant physical and mental stimulation required and he never runs out of energy....

20200312_190146.thumb.jpg.bf691c229bfb88f68eaef315ca512dc4.jpg

But I love him....

SmartSelect_20200308-210038_Gallery.thumb.jpg.05934632be9624f13fdbf10518c0093c.jpg

* You highlight the dangers of long lead with 40 kg on the end

when we got our rescue lurcher 5 years ago I came up with the bright idea of getting a long 10m lead as his chase instinct was nuts and he hates other dogs. A fraction of a second later when he’s doing close to 30mph away from you, your only thought is “oh fu....”

:lol: we have a rescue lurcher!

Thankfully she's getting a bit old and past it now

doesn't stop her trying though :lol:

They’re great dogs. Our is just over ten now.

Worst places in Italy have now banned outdoor exercise of any kind.

They've been very lax by allowing people to mix freely......the Chinese Medics told them that. No wonder their figures are still rising.

They cracked down heavily in Spain over a week ago.....Police and Guardia Civil are patrolling everywhere. If you're out without valid reason it's a €500 fine.......and only one person allowed in a car. No motorcycles or bicycles......because if there's an accident they'll be putting a strain on already overwhelmed medical personnel.

Now I know that somebody's going to say that Spain's figures are rising......but of course they will over this period. Because the incubation period of Corvid-19 is 14 days......whereas the lockdown only came into effect 7 days ago.

As far as I can see, the Spain lockdown is the strictest of any European country. It's hard.......but it's for our own good.

I seriously don't get why the EU didn't close all external and internal borders as soon as cases started, the appear to have been nothing short of useless

I bet they are quick enough to demand money to help rebuild poorer country's economy.

I seriously don't get why the EU didn't close all external and internal borders as soon as cases started, the appear to have been nothing short of useless

I bet they are quick enough to demand money to help rebuild poorer country's economy.

Individual countries could close their borders at any time due to the pandemic. It didn't need the EU to tell them that. The pandemic situation overrides any previous regulations regarding movement.

Spain announced closure before the EU formally issued the directive......and as I understand it, all countries have.......except Britain.

Your borders are still open as far as I'm aware.