What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

oldgrump

Got my first ride since I got home. Barnard Castle to Brough to Sedbergh to Kirkby Lonsdale to Lancaster to Chester to Wrexham to Welshpool to Newport to Builth Wells to Abergavenny to Ross to Gloucester to home. 2 fuel stops and 1 pee stop. 7 hours on the bike and I might sleep tonight!

1 pee stop is impressive. Sounds like a great day

It was a brilliant day thanks. As to the 1 pee stop I didn't drink much until I got home.

Of course not too many places to stop for coffee and cake open at the moment. I'm just round the corner from Abergavenny so if you're down this way once all this madness is over perhaps I'll see you around.

You may well indeed. The only places open were only serving takeaways and less of them than I'd have hoped.

There were a lot of bikes out today though. I wonder if it's a last chance saloon kind of thing?

You may well indeed. The only places open were only serving takeaways and less of them than I'd have hoped.

There were a lot of bikes out today though. I wonder if it's a last chance saloon kind of thing?

I imagine it's more a first chance kind of thing. First nice day in a long time. I bet everybody will be out tomorrow.

True. I'd be out myself except I'm a bit whacked from today's efforts plus my son (FFS!) is threatening me with violence if I dare to catch this bug and he's a bigger bast*rd than I am!

I imagine it's more a first chance kind of thing. First nice day in a long time. I bet everybody will be out tomorrow.

First for me this year as it's the first time my shoulder could take it. Chatted to a couple of other bikers from 2m away, obvs.

I may have to re think number plate, the paint appears to be reacting with the backing dohhhhh

I presume you first used a plastic primer before applying the black?

Overnight on the rad has done the trick.

DSC_1555.thumb.JPG.03004750f9d36c23c7e1bf17fe751fe0.JPG

Took the bike for some very very light off roading on Salisbury plain today. Feels a bit weird and the bike feels very heavy but really enjoyed it.

B267B0A1-5E8E-4FC7-A400-D0B7B5641FB0.thumb.jpeg.fff1e148251d3b518d93b85eaf1886b3.jpeg

4DE06BB7-1EBC-4590-966F-214F3F5DBC62.thumb.jpeg.7433bdd452098572d31c0acfad432427.jpeg

Last week I noticed the light for the numberplate wasn't working on the Kawasaki. I wonder what joys await me on this journey of discovery?

https://i.imgur.com/wgZnKIo.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

The bulb was blown to smithereens, the dome end popped off the rest of the bulb! Aha, that's it then.. Sadly not, a new bulb still didn't work. Poking the contacts with a multimeter showed no volts and also, weirdly, no ground! Get a new bike they said..

https://i.imgur.com/kTQkNC7.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

It'll be reliable they said..

https://i.imgur.com/nxSHvw3.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

You won't have to work on it all the time they said..

https://i.imgur.com/gLwwVup.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

No wonder the bulb didn't work!! This is no great disaster now the commute is in daylight but it does mean I can't use the bike in the dark for fear of attention from the police.. Don't even get me started on the basic design of this, what's wrong with using the tail light to illuminate the plate like EVERY OTHER BIKE I'VE EVER HAD?? NNNNGRAAHHHHH!!

So I went for a run to make myself feel better. This was great, the roads even emptier than if there's an "important" football match on.

https://i.imgur.com/FT8v01V.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Might be the first time it's turned a wheel since being parked up in September :oops:

Took the carb off Bridget which was an absolute pain most of hose clips were rusted up and took ages to loosen them up, got the carb off and stripped it and cleaned it very little crap inside so that was a bonus, got it all back together and back on the bike runs great now and adjusted the tickover so is idling nicely, the test will be starting in the morning after a coldish night :thumb:

We're about to go into Week 2 of Lockdown! Who knows how long it will last!

So every day I've been cosmetically enhancing the bike a little bit more! Which isn't easy considering it went in spotlessly clean and shining!

This is on course to becoming the most anally clean bike I've ever had. And that's saying something considering it's up against 62 predecessors!

vs294.thumb.jpg.af742c969be4b1347daa467817e10934.jpg

just took her out for a blast down the road, much more responsive and no flat spots, can even get to lift the front wheel off the ground :lol: , next thing will be the forks and head bearings, not sure whether to get a seal kit or wait and see if it needs anything replacing, will probably get some fork oil for now and see how it goes :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

We're about to go into Week 2 of Lockdown! Who knows how long it will last!

So every day I've been cosmetically enhancing the bike a little bit more! Which isn't easy considering it went in spotlessly clean and shining!

This is on course to becoming the most anally clean bike I've ever had. And that's saying something considering it's up against 62 predecessors!

I can see a spec of dust on the right hand bar end ....

Called in to cover a 15hr shift.... I've been stuck inside most of the day. I did get to ride the bike here this morning at 06:45 now looking forward to riding it home at 22:00.

The joys of being a "keyworker" are never ending.. Just popped outside and the bikes looking shiny at sunset.

http://imgur.com/K07Vobd

just took it out for a blast down the road, it's still shit, although I do get a twitcher when I ride it :lol: , next thing will be to get shot of the f*cking thing, not sure whether to set the f*cker on fire or wait and see if some scrote nicks it, will probably just wait for it to erode away - it'll probably only take a week or two :thumb:

Fixed that for you.

Its nice to see that even Xtreme can be trolled. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy in this time of shite.

Buying beans solely to put them on, and around, his bike as a response to my graphic is truly mindblowing!

I'll catch him next time by putting a load of dildos on it!

Let's see if he'll go out and bulk buy those!

A great plan but it has a fatal flaw that you might not have considered, you'd have to go and buy a load to start with, unless you went to valet parking and this happened:

Thought I’d take advantage of having a pre booked day off and the roads being quiet, had a nice ride up to Newlands Corner, there were a few people around but not that busy and everyone thankfully keeping their distance, went past Box Hill on my way back which was closed and quiet, good news was I managed to mostly get my new tyre scrubbed in a part from a couple of cm left on each side :D.E22D33F6-FF40-4206-A062-9908125BFBEE.thumb.jpeg.6c329e0e88a47c1278fff16d164dedf4.jpegA992AA58-044D-40CB-83F1-67A4A6EDA590.thumb.jpeg.39b10384089a535ce10fb04c9c46f841.jpeg

Washed the Honda and cleaned the chain. And I mean cleaned until it looks like new. It took me a couple of hours with paraffin, brush, pipe cleaners, Gunk and a hand pumped sprayer filled with detergent and hot water. Then dried it all with a compressor and applied fresh dry wax.