2013 honda cbf125 light problem

Chachy

Hi my 2013 honda cbf 125 has a problem with the lights.

My brake lights and indicators word perfect

But my headlight and side lights and dash lights are very dim, but if I put revs on they will all full brighten up way they should.

Replaced battery with a new one battery does not die it is recharging.

Any help thanks.

No what I mean is the brightness side light/ headlight/ tail light / dash light are very dim while the bike is running, they all get bright the way they should be when revving the bike.

I think the lights are direct drive on your bike.

Your bike doesn't chuff out electricity at idle to run the lights which is why they are dim.

If they brighten when you rev the bike then that's fine so long as they don't keep getting brighter and brighter all the way to the red line.

Thing is at night when you coming to stop lights are that dim could be dangerous. That why I was thinking of cutting yellow wire from reg rectifier put it direct to the battery if that would work

Thing is at night when you coming to stop lights are that dim could be dangerous. That why I was thinking of cutting yellow wire from reg rectifier put it direct to the battery if that would work

Normally the yellow wires run from the stator in to the reg/rec

Have no idea just wondering if there was a way to run the light from DC instead on AC

They do work on DC, the reg/rectifier converts the AC to DC and regulates the voltage to around 14 volts :thumb:

if you have to just rev the engine when stood still :thumb:

might be worth checking for a bad earth connection :thumb:

Have no idea just wondering if there was a way to run the light from DC instead on AC

If you want u want to blow it up! The yellow wires should be carrying about 70v ac!

Check the output of the reg/rec

Iv checked and cleaned connectors from lights back to the battery also I know theres one earth left side above the chain and end in the rear tail light also took them off and cleaned them. Dont know where any other earths are!

If you want u want to blow it up! The yellow wires should be carrying about 70v ac!

I reported it by mistake first time on here!

The stator/ alternator goes to the reg rec then power light from the yellow wire just what I read up.

I reported it by mistake first time on here!

The stator/ alternator goes to the reg rec then power light from the yellow wire just what I read up.

Yeah I noticed :lol:

Normally you have 3 yellow wires from the stator to the reg/rec

Guest Richzx6r

My first bike (cg125) was like that I dont think that it will be bad enough to be dangerous as said above maybe just need to keep a few revs on whilst stationary if you feel they need to be brighter that's all I did