Grrrr!

Psychybikey

Sorry to be awfully boring but coming back to the original point...if anyone can remember what that was. Oh, and by the way I missed Six's flounce, was it good? I mean for all his faults, of which there are many, I always thought he was pretty thick

Skinned. So not one to waltz off at the slightest insult. Anyway, to the point, as I said, if I remember right it was something to do with riding a motorcycle, which is a rare thing in this place nowadays, and even rarer since Six's mate slapped us all into house arrest, but the point is that essential travel is essential travel whether it's by bus, car, motorcycle or Siberian Elk.

So if you need to go somewhere for a VERY GOOD REASON then you can ride your motorcycle.

See! Not difficult to stay on topic, is it.

twat

That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all week. Coming from the maestro of course.

I found an excuse to go out on the bike earlier!

When I shut down my site on Monday I bought home a large pack of tea bags amongst other stuff.

The pub in a village down the road is turning itself into a foodbank for the pensioners who cant get out and as their volunteer run community shop has shut I decided to donate.

Strapped the bags to the back of the seat and took the longest most convoluted route to the village 5 miles away.

Need to fill up again tomorrow now lol.

Happy to donate and didn't stop en route or on the way home so I don't think I have placed myself or anyone else at risk.

Cheers

Ian

Just been reading up on some guidelines, there are no restrictions on how long or where you can go for your daily excercise, you can drive to a destination to excercise according to the BBC :thumb:

I might go for a short walk tomorrow some where far away :lol: :thumb:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51176409

And this is what is wrong with this country!

Everyone always trying to find a loophole!

People are going out for "exercise" who would never normally get off their arses!

Treating this like a bank holiday! and missing the essential travel part! is it essential to drive 40 miles to go for a walk!

No wonder all other countries hate us brits

Seriously stay home and get this shit out the way!

Keep moving about and the virus will never go

Just remember a virus doesn't spread! people spread a virus

Alternatively people who have never exercised are taking the opportunity to and this will benefit the health service long term and as long as they maintain social distancing whilst engaging in their one exercise activity all is good.

We are not in a total lock down, we need a sustainable solution because this is not going away soon. It is not going to be a case of everyone stay in and in a month it’s gone. I suspect we will need to keep going for months.

I did some calculations the other day and if we can cope at this level and there are 200,000 wild cases but we need 40 million for heard immunity to have had it and we stop exponential growth that is 20 months more. lots of supposition there but i think logical thinking.

Alternatively people who have never exercised are taking the opportunity to and this will benefit the health service long term and as long as they maintain social distancing whilst engaging in their one exercise activity all is good.

We are not in a total lock down, we need a sustainable solution because this is not going away soon. It is not going to be a case of everyone stay in and in a month it’s gone. I suspect we will need to keep going for months.

I did some calculations the other day and if we can cope at this level and there are 200,000 wild cases but we need 40 million for heard immunity to have had it and we stop exponential growth that is 20 months more. lots of supposition there but i think logical thinking.

I am worried about you !

Is there anyway you can go back to work and do calculations like that for the benefit of your employers/partners.

My concern is you will confuse the hard of thinking (most of them round here! ) and you could start panic using words like " Logical" and "thinking".

Cheers

Ian

The World Health Organisation says we can go out for exercise as long as we don't mix with people.

The TV keeps saying 'stay indoors' when it should be saying 'stay at home'.

I don't understand the once a day thing.

How can they police that? I go for a run at six most mornings, I have always gone at this time specifically to avoid having to speak to people, long before all this. Does that mean I'm not allowed to go for a walk? We live in a pretty rural area so it's easy to avoid crowds and buildings.

As for the bike, surely it's more responsible to take a solo ride to get food, than to use public transport?

(Our son has to borrow our car for the week whilst his is being repaired, and delivery slots are at least three weeks away).

But, as we have been specifically instructed not to move about, where does that leave us if we need to claim on insurance for something?

and i have to say that i have never seen so many people in our village since the start of this lot walking, running, riding their bicycle, walking their dog and pushing prams it has never happened at any other time :shock:

and i have to say that i have never seen so many people in our village since the start of this lot walking, running, riding their bicycle, walking their dog and pushing prams it has never happened at any other time :shock:

I've seen videos and read in the news (with pictures) about people:

- taking a tortoise for a walk (on a lead)

- taking a chicken for a walk (on a lead)

- taking a stuffed dog for a walk (on what looks like a belt), actually dragging the soft toy along the ground

- people walking around for hours with plastic shopping bags to make it appear that they had just been out to get some food

I'm in Spain at the moment and see all new levels of creativity occurring!

Actually, it's very serious here so I advise you all to take the utmost care and attention and be super/hyper vigilant. Do not underestimate this highly contagious and very deceptive virus. You don't want what's happening here to happen where you are :!:

• 3 weeks later...

I

- taking a tortoise for a walk (on a lead)

- taking a chicken for a walk (on a lead)

- taking a stuffed dog for a walk (on what looks like a belt), actually dragging the soft toy along the ground

🤣🤣🤣

And that grrr is not the throaty sound of a powerful engine.

We're now told that only 'essential' riding is allowed.

Personally I think jumping on my bike to go somewhere is rather more responsible and less likely to spread bugs than catching a bus.

There is of course the argument that if we come off we will make more work for the NHS and I understand that argument. Hard to disagree with that one.

So what was your point then ? 🤔

And that grrr is not the throaty sound of a powerful engine.

We're now told that only 'essential' riding is allowed.

Personally I think jumping on my bike to go somewhere is rather more responsible and less likely to spread bugs than catching a bus.

There is of course the argument that if we come off we will make more work for the NHS and I understand that argument. Hard to disagree with that one.

So what was your point then ? 🤔

I can't remember! 😆