Flip up flipping frustration

Hello All,

I've been a long time unregistered lurker, but joined today and this is my first post.

I've been in the market for a new helmet, and really want a quiet one like the C3 / C4 - but as I want to use my own comms, it seems a waist, what with their own integrated solutions and everything.

Do any of you fine folk have a suggestion? (I like the Shoe Neotec, just a bit out of my budget range)

Thanks, and hope you're all staying safe :D

Hi and welcome to the forum

Helmets are a personal thing what is good for some is not good for others so all I can suggest is to try them on and see what you think

as for quiet thats what ear plugs are for :)

schuberth produce 2 versions of their modular helmets. With and without comms. The range without have the word "Basic" in the description. Only question is... Can a (for instance) Schuberth C3 Basic use 3rd party comms?

Speak to a retailer once this current crisis is over and ask.

As already said go to a shop and try a load on and get some advice. I've just replaces my hjc is max2 with a new helmet, it was due to be replaced and I no longer needed a flip front. I've now got a scorpion exo 1400 carbon. Felt really comfy and super light and has a little air pump to get the perfect fit. I have to say it's super comfy but was £320 but came with a clear and smoked visor and pinlock insert.

Went to j&s and tried the whole shop on pretty much.

Size wise the OP can go and try them on but this won't help him with quietness which I think is more what he is asking. I haven't ever had a flip front and my road helmet is a Bell Bullitt so I definately don't care about noise so unfortunately I can't help here.

Hello All,

really want a quiet one like the C3 / C4 - but as I want to use my own comms, it seems a waist, what with their own integrated solutions and everything.

Do any of you fine folk have a suggestion?

Hello and welcome

I have the Schuberth C3 Pro and fitted my own Interphone comms system. No issues at all. However, I really don't know if it is any quieter than my HJC full face, it's certainly warmer and the fit is luxury. :D

Purchased from Sportsbikeshop

Noise is always subjective. So many things will influence it too. The bike you're riding the cloths you wear. A Helmet that is quiet in winter when wearing bulky winter gear may be noisy in summer with a lighter weight jacket. Change your bike and it may change the level of noise. It all depends on the direction of the wind flow.

Someone has said Ear Plugs. Excellent idea I now use custom made ones almost every ride, wish I had got them many years ago, then I would only be turning my deaf ear to the wife.

Advice mirrors everyone else get a helmet that fits and feels comfortable, If you ride at speed try to get a helmet that the chin guard is close to your face. Some helmets look great but do a blind spot ( shoulder) check at speed and they try to put your head on backwards. But most important is the fit. noise you can deal with, cheap but comfortable and reasonably effective ear plugs can be less than a fiver. You can still hear your comms but they filter out the wind noise.