yamaha ybr 125

skyrider

ok we now know that the ybr is made in china but does that mean that they are just assembled there or are actually made from scratch there

Made from scratch I believe. Having said that Peugeot cars were made in Coventry for years and Triumph Motorcycles are moving volume production to Thailand . Honda Goldwings are made in America and millions of VW Beetles were made in Brazil as was the Honda CG125 and the CB 450 . And the list goes on .

Ive just sold a 2012 YBR 125. I did 2500 miles on it before I took my A licence test last year.

It never put a foot wrong but it looked and felt chinese, it didnt have the typical Jap quality we seem to take for granted.

It started to rust including the exhaust pipes and was obviously made down to a price.

It seemed a little better made than the unheard of bikes coming from china but not by much.

yes thats really what i wanted to know about them as i was thinking of renovating either a ybr or a cg so i think it is going to be a cg thanks

A CG 125 is an excellent choice . Will you be buying a Japanese one , a Brazilian one or perhaps a Turkish one or even a Pakistani model ? 😁