Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
User avatar
Bender
Moderator
Posts: 4658
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Gender: Male
Has liked: 1639 times
Been liked: 2067 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by Bender » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:08 pm

99% of dio emulation is likely to be hilarious

Every now and again though you do get an odd bod turn up, sat in a bar in middle of bali, a geeky Australian took up the mic and host announced it was going to be acdc whole lotta Rosie

Once the laughter stopped he started

Fook me he may have actually been better than Brian Johnston
Bite my shiny, metal ass!

User avatar
XTreme
Posts: 4777
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 1454 times
Been liked: 2066 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by XTreme » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:54 pm

Bender wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:08 pm
99% of dio emulation is likely to be hilarious

Every now and again though you do get an odd bod turn up, sat in a bar in middle of bali, a geeky Australian took up the mic and host announced it was going to be acdc whole lotta Rosie

Once the laughter stopped he started

Fook me he may have actually been better than Brian Johnston
Marc Storace (Krokus) should have got the AC/DC gig when Bon died.

Their voices have always been very similar!


User avatar
dynax
Subscriber
Posts: 2858
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget, Florence (WIP)
Location: Doncaster
Has liked: 1643 times
Been liked: 991 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by dynax » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:41 am

Good morning :thumb:
Mike, just cruising around with Xena 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmihUc ... subscriber

User avatar
rennie
Moderator
Posts: 34179
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha Midnight Star 1300
Location: Telford/ Smethwick
Challenge score: 180
Has liked: 3086 times
Been liked: 911 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by rennie » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:19 am

Good Morning :D
Ian.
2020 challenge: Pubs 3/10
Churches complete

User avatar
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Location: Gloucestershire
Has liked: 1782 times
Been liked: 817 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by S-Westerly » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:28 am

Good morning? Nothing to be cheerful about. Beautiful weather and stuck at home possibly until the end of time. So very, very pissed off.
Less empty roads but at last I can ride them!

James in Brum
Subscriber
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Location: Birmingham
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 320 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by James in Brum » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:55 am

Good morning. Annual leave today so try to fix the rotavator this morning and go to the allotment later with family
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

User avatar
rennie
Moderator
Posts: 34179
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha Midnight Star 1300
Location: Telford/ Smethwick
Challenge score: 180
Has liked: 3086 times
Been liked: 911 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by rennie » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:50 am

S-Westerly wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:28 am
Good morning? Nothing to be cheerful about. Beautiful weather and stuck at home possibly until the end of time. So very, very pissed off.
Oh dear! Someone's got cabin fever already! :D

Do something! find a positive!
Write a letter? read a book? make something? learn something?
DIY? gardening? Clean bike?

whatever floats your boat! (intentional seafaring pun :D )

Things could almost always be worse! :thumb:
Ian.
2020 challenge: Pubs 3/10
Churches complete

User avatar
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Location: Gloucestershire
Has liked: 1782 times
Been liked: 817 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by S-Westerly » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:20 am

Oh have I ever got cabin fever. I've a load of stuff to do in the house and garden but somehow 'having' to do it because I can't do anything else makes me really grumpy. My boat feels well and truly aground! As to reading I've read 5 books in the last week. Still it could be worse. So far none of the family have the plague - we think.
Less empty roads but at last I can ride them!

User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1756 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:45 am

I am very very annoyed. I have to check closed churches in rural locations to make sure there are no water leaks or break ins, and to check mouse traps etc - so I had to use my bike to ride through the local lanes this morning. When I got to one of them someone had locked an internal door which I don't have a key for. So now I have to go back again this afternoon.

Fancy making me have to ride all that way twice!!! :bike2:
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Richzx6r
Posts: 3370
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Has liked: 3087 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by Richzx6r » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 am

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:45 am
I am very very annoyed. I have to check closed churches in rural locations to make sure there are no water leaks or break ins, and to check mouse traps etc - so I had to use my bike to ride through the local lanes this morning. When I got to one of them someone had locked an internal door which I don't have a key for. So now I have to go back again this afternoon.

Fancy making me have to ride all that way twice!!! :bike2:
:o how dare they force you out on the bike twice in one day the horror of it all, or a lucky sod.....the battery on mine is dead again so I think my optimate isn't optimating :crybaby: so will probably need another replacement
Its better when its loaded

User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1756 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 am

Richzx6r wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 am
Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:45 am
I am very very annoyed. I have to check closed churches in rural locations to make sure there are no water leaks or break ins, and to check mouse traps etc - so I had to use my bike to ride through the local lanes this morning. When I got to one of them someone had locked an internal door which I don't have a key for. So now I have to go back again this afternoon.

Fancy making me have to ride all that way twice!!! :bike2:
:o how dare they force you out on the bike twice in one day the horror of it all, or a lucky sod.....the battery on mine is dead again so I think my optimate isn't optimating :crybaby: so will probably need another replacement
I use CTEK chargers. They do a 0.8 amp one specific to bikes. Just check you haven't got a drain on the system and if the battery is holding charge. It may not be the charger.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1756 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:06 am

This afternoon I am running a black market in cabbages. A local supplier has cabbages and some of our elderly local residents want one but can't get there.

So a cabbage is left outside, I pick it up and leave it on someone's doorstep.

And if the feds stop me I'll tell them I'm taking this cabbage for a walk.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

User avatar
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Location: Gloucestershire
Has liked: 1782 times
Been liked: 817 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by S-Westerly » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:44 am

Anyone seeing the dozy cops in Edinburgh giving a guy an on the spot fine for fishing in the sea? Until they rocked up he was completely alone and in no risk of contact with anyone. Plod then turns up and get right close. I really don't see the issue involved, same as riding a motorbike - it's not as if you are up close and personal with anyone else. I wonder how long the authorities can keep a lid on things before it explodes. I believe in southern Italy things are already getting stressed.
Less empty roads but at last I can ride them!

User avatar
XTreme
Posts: 4777
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 1454 times
Been liked: 2066 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by XTreme » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:11 pm

Meanwhile in India.....


User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1756 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:12 pm

To be honest - all joking aside - I am not suggesting that I would make unnecessary journeys just so I can ride my bike. I happen to have a valid reason to need to travel locally and choose to use a motorcycle rather than a car. That is perfectly reasonable in my opinion. I do need to go back to make the check once the locked door has been dealt with - but I do respect what the government is trying to do keeping the spread of the virus to an absolute minimum and in fairness I have kept any travelling to an absolute minimum.

The cabbage delivery route happens to be within walking distance over local fields where I will not meet another soul most of the time. It also gets food to local people who are isolated. We live in a rural community with nothing but woodland and fields around us which is something we do not take for granted.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot] and 8 guests