Mod 2 likely bikes

hello fairly simple one this.

Either a guesstimate or perhaps you know as you have done it recently or even are an instructor/tutor...

What full power bikes do they use for the mod2. I was thinking they would be something farly linear in power like a honda CB but I hear some did it on mt07. any info appreciated. I just want to watch some vids on the way the bikes operate to prep mysrlf fully. thank you.

I used a ER6N. Depends by school. Seen some use MT07 and other use the CB650? Honda bike.

As others say instructors help you get used to bike and allow you as much time as you need.

When I went from a 125 to the ER6N I was worried I was going to crash it but I was fine. I actually found it easier to ride and on the road you feel a lot safer and it's the 125 that is a bit awkward to ride and can actually be dangerous in certain situations.

I actually found it easier to ride and on the road you feel a lot safer.

This is what nearly everyone says. The bigger bike is really a lot easier.

• 1 month later...

My School had an ER6 and a Harley 1200xl. I started on the Harley but swapped to the Kwaka because the self cancelling indicators on the Harley were more of a hindrance that a help. Ironically I then almost failed my mod two for not cancelling an indicator. Examiner said his thumb was hovering over the intercom button but I noticed it a just before I passed a junction.

Woah, that's some nice bikes to let learners practice on!

Yep, although the 125 for the CBT was an import and rubbish. I slipped on diesel on that. Think I was too big for it too.

When I first saw the tiger 800 it looked huge. Had a play on there Fazer on my CBT too. Felt like a rocket lol

• 2 months later...

I have an ER6. It leaked oil onto my boot. The examiner noticed it on my Mod1. Also the throttle was poorly adjusted and the grip had worked loose. They retired it soon after.

Guest Swagman

This thread makes me feel really old, never had motorcycle school when I took my test, just your own bike and a bloke testing you who carried a stop watch . :shock: :shock: