What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

oldgrump

I can see the fork covers, but in some photos the forks are gold, in some silver.

Looks to me as if an upside down front end has found its way on there.

Cheers

Ian

This week I reduced the mudguard that covers too much of the rear wheel. And cleaned it, optimistic. On stand by in case anyone needs support and I can use the bike instead if the car :)

Hugger1.thumb.jpg.3b12e7f32016aa01d5d35d41db00336a.jpgHugger2.thumb.jpg.6b2c14f5a3b110662a01ee02089ee8e9.jpg

I have been considering this for a while as I wasn't sure about huggers on twin shock bikes.

Decided to fit it to the ZRX and see what it`s like.

I accept it`s a bit of a marmite thing but I am quite pleased with the result.

Cheers

Ian

I chanced the twenty mile commute after the fuel

Lights came on having worked out that it ‘should’ be able to make it. It did. 155 miles between fills :-)

Shall we have a willy waving thread on miles to a tank :lol: :lol:

Yes although I will have to go out with a small Jerry van and find out my range. I suspect my fuel ‘willy’ is not as good as some.

I enjoy because a lot of zzr600 reports describe 100miles until lights and not much more until refuel.

Guest Richzx6r

Most I have ever got off the ninja was around 190 miles, but I think I could probably get more my problem is I like twisting the wrist abit too much

I can see the fork covers, but in some photos the forks are gold, in some silver.

Cheers

Ian

Sorry for the confusion - I had only just fitted the covers, and its a mix of before and after shots :lol:

Cheers

Ian

Sorry for the confusion - I had only just fitted the covers, and its a mix of before and after shots :lol:

So are the RWU forks on there now?

Telelever set up or conventional?

Cheers

Ian

Cheers

Ian

Cheers

Ian

No, the suspension is still stock, so fairly basic Sachs upside down forks (I believe they're the S1000RR forks without adjustment capabilities). I'm actually tempted to install some Andreani cartridges on the front and a Nitron or Wilburs shock on the back but funds are tight now for obvious reasons.

Cheers

Ian

No, the suspension is still stock, so fairly basic Sachs upside down forks (I believe they're the S1000RR forks without adjustment capabilities). I'm actually tempted to install some Andreani cartridges on the front and a Nitron or Wilburs shock on the back but funds are tight now for obvious reasons.

That sounds a sensible upgrade without going mad and going down the Ohlins route as I am convinced the improvement with cartridges and Nitron would be noticeable and I am not sure if the extra improvement of the Ohlins could be felt on the road by mortals.

I have an Ohlins shock on one of the Busas and to be honest I don't think it is that much better than the other one. (that wont stop me transferring it over if I decide to sell it though lol).

Cheers

Ian

Cheers

Ian

That sounds a sensible upgrade without going mad and going down the Ohlins route as I am convinced the improvement with cartridges and Nitron would be noticeable and I am not sure if the extra improvement of the Ohlins could be felt on the road by mortals.

I have an Ohlins shock on one of the Busas and to be honest I don't think it is that much better than the other one. (that wont stop me transferring it over if I decide to sell it though lol).

Cheers

Ian

Yes, with you on that, Ian (if money were no object, though...). I do think BMW skimped on the stock set-up but I imagine I give the bike a relatively easy time so have more of a problem with jarring over bumps than I do as a consequence of hard braking.

Took the tail piece off the RGV for a clean up.

I made an undertray for it a couple of years ago as it was all open and everything under the seat and tail piece would get covered in grease and dirt.

Even so, it still gets pretty grimy under there considering it never gets ridden in wet weather.

20200405_132758_copy_1548x2064.thumb.jpg.94e4d649a46d076869484c8fc55d6f5c.jpg

20200405_133742_copy_2064x1548.thumb.jpg.3c41e279459e134de1481dbb593dbbb7.jpg

I oiled the hinges on garage door where the bike is sleeping.

Hey

Good to hear you are up and about enough to do even that !

I hope this means you are well on your way to recovery.

Cheers

Ian

Sorted out the valve clearances on my KTM and got most of it put back together before knocking it on the head.

A16CFB1F-3F0C-4E20-8D2B-31116A731686.thumb.jpeg.3c493b56a81b8dc0209c835cb00024dd.jpeg

Sorted out the valve clearances on my KTM and got most of it put back together before knocking it on the head.

A16CFB1F-3F0C-4E20-8D2B-31116A731686.jpeg

I got Abba Skylift envy now lol.

Despite having hydraulic bench, movamoto paddock stand and a Constands bike lift lol.

Cheers

Ian

1278690298_Moova2.thumb.jpg.ca41f0586cf172a0c5d603bcf8bdf843.jpg1308449557_newgirlonbench.thumb.jpg.761e603097f68465981883484570253e.jpg