Fuel tank range

Stu

That's crazy to have such a small capacity tank, I have 18L on the ninja I think but dont normally put more than 15 or 16 in

There is only so far you can ride on a harley before vibration White arse sets in you know.

Official figures for mine are 240 which going off use I would say sounds right, I'm sure on a mission of hyper economy I could probably get close to 300 but that just dose not sound like fun, so I will never know

Pre 2004 you would have been correct but mine is a 2004 with the rubber mounted engine . I can ride all day in complete comfort . Last year I rode from Coventry to Luss, which is on the shores of Loch Lomond , in one day . I only stopped because the road ahead was closed at Tarbert for maintenance work . Keep the Harley myths coming though . 😁👍

I must be a big wuss because even with the rubber mounts I found the vibration from the Evo motor (only tried the 1200 never the 883) just made my hands numb in about 30-60 mins and the Twin Cam in the bigger bikes not much better. They've totally sorted on the M8 to the point many purists are labelling it "not a real Harley" which is fine by me because I couldn't live with a "real Harley". I do think the EVO and TC sound much better than the M8 though, not that it sounds bad. Fair play Bob you have buns of steel! 👍

This Harley gets round a corner ok.

Guy on the BMW clearly taking it easy when he gets past but his poor little ego is so bruised he has to try and be Johnny big balls and still fails to shake him.

Guest Richzx6r

@fastbob

Where do you find all the straight roads is what gets me, do you have to pick it up every time you corner or have you got a pop out spring like a self righting mechanism when say going under 20 obviously that wouldn't be safe at your top speed of 35

😂

We know you love your harley and I want one too some day, please don't take any offence at the jibes there is non intended.

Not offended at all but I wish people would make the distinction between a 1200 Roadster and some of the bigger land barge models . For me there's very little difference between my bike and a 70's Triumph Bonneville . It's just got one cylinder behind the other . Here you go this will give you a laugh . See if you can spot the hole in the road .

Bloody hell man, those are some pretty large barges..... :shock: did someone get stuck under the 2nd bike to go down?

I've seen that before, what I couldn't find again was another infamous corner where just about every fooking idiot falls over, sports bikes the lot.

I'm guessing you mean that one on the "Mulholland"?

I haven't checked it for a few years, down the rabbit hole I go..

Guest Richzx6r

Guy on the BMW clearly taking it easy when he gets past but his poor little ego is so bruised he has to try and be Johnny big balls and still fails to shake him.

What the hell is he riding theres no way that bike should be able to handle like that, sounds bloody nice though :thumb:

A hundred miles range ? I can't see what the problem is . Don't you guys ever stop for a cup of tea ? If I see somewhere interesting I stop for a wander about and a natter if there are other bikers about . Here you go .

I love stopping for a brew and a nosey. Then stopping to pee lol

I've seen that before, what I couldn't find again was another infamous corner where just about every fooking idiot falls over, sports bikes the lot.

I'm guessing you mean that one on the "Mulholland"?

I haven't checked it for a few years, down the rabbit hole I go..

Mulholand snake yes, still can't find the compilation I want as a lot of it were fails going really slow but yes your right that's the place

What the hell is he riding theres no way that bike should be able to handle like that, sounds bloody nice though :thumb:

I suspect there was quite a lot of Erik Buell in that "Harley".

Still well ridden and looked a nice well matched group to be riding with.

I wonder what they would have been like on a more demanding track?

Cheers

Ian

It's a Lowrider S.

When life goes back to normal go and test ride a new Fatbob 114. Not saying you will want to buy one but you will not stop smiling the whole time.

Guest Richzx6r

A friend of mine back down south has a 1700cc fatbob which I took for a short ride, but was only for about 5 minutes but seemed ok

Cheers

Ian

Come on be fair. If you were trying to make a track "Harley" you certainly wouldn't be using those bar risers for a start and you can see it's Dyna suspension. At best it's stage 4 tuned but we aren't taking about power here we are talking about corners. Please don't think I'm saying it is as capable as even the most basic of sports bikes, just saying that if you can't get one round a corner it's you not the bike. The more technical the track the more he will struggle due to limited lean angle, weight and brakes and many other factors a fairweather rider like me hasn't even considered I assume, but you'd be one of the best people to answer than Ian. 👍

Like I've suggested to [mention]Richzx6r[/mention] , try and get a go on a new Fatbob 114 or even better if you can find one the brand new Lowrider S. It would be great to get an honest review from someone with your kind of experience.

A friend of mine back down south has a 1700cc fatbob which I took for a short ride, but was only for about 5 minutes but seemed ok

If that's the Dyna 103 (1690cc) Twin Cam then yes I doubt you would have had much fun on that.

The new models are worlds away from what came before them.

It's not going to be a ninja or a busa though. It's a different tool for a different fool.

Gonna shut up now, sounding like a Harley salesman 🤐

Guest Richzx6r

What put me off was how difficult it was to control when at low speed/walking pace, that and the engine just felt strangled imo but my mate likes it so who am I to judge

Guest Richzx6r

I'll definitely try n get a test ride on one or both the bikes you have suggested though and give an honest unbiased review on here once I have

Cheers

Ian

Come on be fair. If you were trying to make a track "Harley" you certainly wouldn't be using those bar risers for a start and you can see it's Dyna suspension. At best it's stage 4 tuned but we aren't taking about power here we are talking about corners. Please don't think I'm saying it is as capable as even the most basic of sports bikes, just saying that if you can't get one round a corner it's you not the bike. The more technical the track the more he will struggle due to limited lean angle, weight and brakes and many other factors a fairweather rider like me hasn't even considered I assume, but you'd be one of the best people to answer than Ian. 👍

Like I've suggested to @Richzx6r , try and get a go on a new Fatbob 114 or even better if you can find one the brand new Lowrider S. It would be great to get an honest review from someone with your kind of experience.

Very interesting and very impressive.

I can see there would be some benefit to having a little test ride of one.

End of lock down I will take a trip to Uppingham and have a rummage.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Ian

80 miles till light, another 20 on reserve - I guess I ride it the same way every single time I ride as its always that.

My TL and GSXR's was all like that! always 100 miles to the light!

They was always ridden for fun miles!! :lol:

If you want mpg 125cc anything other than that mpg should be way down the list

You need some decent mileage with touring bikes though the last thing you want is trying to fill up every 100 miles :lol:

No you just need a bigger tank not better mpg

Yeah that helps too but decent MPG is a must too no point having a large tank with a 25mpg bike the weight of the fuel would make it very top end heavy

No you just need a bigger tank not better mpg

Yeah that helps too but decent MPG is a must too no point having a large tank with a 25mpg bike the weight of the fuel would make it very top end heavy

In reality your only going to get down ro 35mpg with most laden cruisers so 200 miles a tank ain't going to be an issue.