I’m a new rider with a couple questions

Jjquelch

Come to think of it.......where is @dynax?

Has been quiet. Joking aside I hope he's ok

He always says Good Morning in the Good Morning thread .

Has he flounced from all the other threads then?

This is a new one on me!

[mention]Six30[/mention]........are you familiar with the concept of Part-Flouncing?

Has been quiet. Joking aside I hope he's ok

He always says Good Morning in the Good Morning thread .

Has he flounced from all the other threads then?

This is a new one on me!

@Six30........are you familiar with the concept of Part-Flouncing?

a flounce is a flounce , end of , no part flouncing on my watch.

I am still here guy's no flouncing on my part, just busy planning away on my next project :lol: :thumb:

You got TOTY in the bag........you can't drop out now.

That would be like refusing an Oscar!

I am still here guy's no flouncing on my part, just busy planning away on my next project :lol: :thumb:

Not dropping out my plan will clinch it :lol: :thumb:

dynax has a plan [mention]Six30[/mention]........you'll need to do something drastic to pull this back!

dynax has a plan @Six30........you'll need to do something drastic to pull this back!

im just going to plod on mate, if he wins he wins i'll be gracious in defeat :cry:

dynax has a plan @Six30........you'll need to do something drastic to pull this back!

Yes you need to do something drastic like errrrr carry on as normal, that should do it 👍

Yes you need to do something drastic like errrrr carry on as normal, that should do it 👍

That won't be enough [mention]Bender[/mention]......[mention]dynax[/mention] is a new generation of Twat!

Bit like Marquez being a new generation of rider in MotoGP and taking it to another level.

Dynax is having to try and he has a plan which shows he's working at it.

With six it's just natural he's a twat through and through, I bet if you cut him in half it would be like Blackpool rock, twat written all the way through.

With six it's just natural he's a twat through and through, I bet if you cut him in half it would be like Blackpool rock, twat written all the way through.

Yes......but even Six isn't a big enough twat to buy a Chinese motorcycle!

im sensing some envy , dont worry your getting there :thumb:

Don't forget that there is a CBT and learners forum here. A lot of people will have asked the same questions. ( myself included 2 years ago).

With cornering control you have to remember that you have a low power, low mass engine. The clutch is inclined to snatch. You need to practice slipping the clutch in low speed maneuvers. It's ok to rev the nuts off it. Speed comes fro the clutch, not the throttle.

Get yourself to a dissused carpark with a tennis ball, cut in half . Set them 6 big strides apart. Now do figure 8s for an hour.

Edit:- I do a lot of lane splitting and filtering. At low speed I use the rear brake because it leaves your hand free to concentrate on the throttle.

Thought:- There aught to be classes for post-CBT guys who are trying to hone their skills.

Don't forget that there is a CBT and learners forum here. A lot of people will have asked the same questions. ( myself included 2 years ago).

With cornering control you have to remember that you have a low power, low mass engine. The clutch is inclined to snatch. You need to practice slipping the clutch in low speed maneuvers. It's ok to rev the nuts off it. Speed comes fro the clutch, not the throttle.

Get yourself to a dissused carpark with a tennis ball, cut in half . Set them 6 big strides apart. Now do figure 8s for an hour.

Edit:- I do a lot of lane splitting and filtering. At low speed I use the rear brake because it leaves your hand free to concentrate on the throttle.

Thought:- There aught to be classes for post-CBT guys who are trying to hone their skills.

Did you miss the memo, its just a wind up merchant, or some one so dense you couldn't give them advice with a sledgehammer.

Hey

My first bike is a 2011 Yamaha zfr125

I have a few question as I’m still learning how to properly ride my bike in my area.

I’m use to driving cars and I’ve realised I have a real hard time to see cars behind me. I can see through my left hand mirror quite easily but the right hand mirror doesn’t really show me the cars behind me and I keep moving the position and I still can’t see anything behind me.

Secondly, where should I position myself on the road? I’m from the UK London.

Thirdly, I find it difficult to find it difficult to turn into roads. I feel like I’m going too fast so I go in first to turn into new roads but then realise I’m going way too slow... is it fine for me to coast in gear 2 around a corner and then carry on in second? Which I do in a car?

Thanks for the help in advance

Watch these youtubers

Advancedbiker

RoadcraftNottingham

McRider

I recently did my CBT 2nd time. Im probably not going to take my test, im old and im happy to stay on my cbr 125. On this CBT the instructor was telling me to turn into roads in first....hmmmm try as i might i found it awful so i go in 2nd and its much better. I dont coast ever, its a bad habit and you are much safer driving than coasting.

Motojitsu, dan dan the fireman and the messenden flyer are some good go to's on youtube. I do a lot of practising on Tesco carpark too.

I use all the lane depending on what the hazards are ahead, i think Dan dan the fireman does a good vid on this.

My left mirror is showing me whats behind and my right mirror is so i can see any overtakers.

Ride like everyone else is out to knock you off and stay the hell away from everybody 😁

[mention]gymwitch[/mention] no reason not to do your test, you can do it on your own bike if you are happy to stay with your 125, this is the route i am going as i can then lose the L plates and carry a pillion if needed :thumb:

@gymwitch no reason not to do your test, you can do it on your own bike if you are happy to stay with your 125, this is the route i am going as i can then lose the L plates and carry a pillion if needed :thumb:

will two up on bridget be classed as a spit roast :?

@gymwitch no reason not to do your test, you can do it on your own bike if you are happy to stay with your 125, this is the route i am going as i can then lose the L plates and carry a pillion if needed :thumb:

I think if i was going to take my test id deffo get a bigger bike. 😁

Im not even sure how to answer that 🤭

It would be great if those that didn't want to do DAS could go a progressive route, and once passed on A1 would get provisional A2 and able to ride upto 400cc on L's :thumb:

It would be great if those that didn't want to do DAS could go a progressive route, and once passed on A1 would get provisional A2 and able to ride upto 400cc on L's :thumb:

Yes that would be a sensible idea !!! 🙂 I could get my baby blade then 🥰

Could I remind everyone that the OP is someone who thinks that a 10mm socket is actually a Chrome Vanadium because that's what's written on it . They also believe that the aforementioned socket is part of their bike and that a mechanic is required to refit it . They apparently went into a paranoid meltdown because they found an old fuel pump under the seat of their ( alleged ) bike that might have been placed there by a malicious relative . Learning difficulties or pointless troll twat ? You decide .

Im not even sure how to answer that 🤭

dynax will , im sure

:popcorn: