Is solo ride legal excercise?

Valko

No! We're all in this together........and for everyone's safety the bike should not be used!

I'm on week 4 of the strictest lockdown in Europe......and it's blue skies and 20C outside!

So no matter how you bad you feel about not riding......I feel worse! But we have to do the right thing!

Guest Richzx6r

Got to agree with the above here, yes it would be glorious to be able to get out on the bike now the weather has perked up some but we shouldn't be flouncing the rules on this one

Why is it not allowed? You are not contacting anyone else. As to the accident argument most accidents happen at home so what happens then? Not doing it but have zero faith in the crap we are being told and that includes the Chinese lies. Wish I lived in Sweden or Iceland. No shutdown there and no " the end of the world is nigh" either. My 89 year old father is doing his nut but would prefer to take his chances.

If you want to take your bike out for some exercise then do it, but push it don't ride it :lol: :thumb:

Not everyone's as experienced at pushing bikes as you are dynax!

They don't have to.......because they bought Jap.

Though I do have a photo from years ago of me pushing a mate's POS Moto Guzzi!

I told the twat not to buy it! He didn't listen......then when he broke down he asked me to push it to the repair shop because he'd tried doing it and fell over! Twat!

push3.jpg.8285c398436387b1e2fd0da68ed7b06b.jpg

Why is it not allowed? You are not contacting anyone else. As to the accident argument most accidents happen at home so what happens then? Not doing it but have zero faith in the crap we are being told and that includes the Chinese lies. Wish I lived in Sweden or Iceland. No shutdown there and no " the end of the world is nigh" either. My 89 year old father is doing his nut but would prefer to take his chances.

I understand it's frustrating and I don't know your dad's circumstancesr or his capacity to understand why we are being asked to do this so I appreciate that could be hard, but you seem like a switched in type of guy so your question puzzles me.

What about those that don't want to take their chances but don't have the choice because they are keeping the rest of the country fed, watered, warm and alive? There's plenty of people who would love the opportunity to stay and home and do nothing right now but many that are being asked to seem to have a problem with it.

Most accidents happen at home because that's where people spend huge amounts of time. It doesn't make riding your bike safer than sitting on your couch. Then you have to get fuel (please don't start saying contactless payment, unless we shut down every petrol station that doesn't have pay at pump) so some poor minimum wage worker is going to have to risk catching it from someone out on his jollies while they do their part to keep the country running.

I don't mean to rant at you but this just seems to keep coming up with people looking for a different answer than the one that is consistently given and I've been at home listening to bikes go past all day like normal and it just needs to stop.

It's all about minimising contact and not with others but with objects too!

It can take 14 days to get any symptoms but before that you don't know you have it and can spread it without knowing and likewise to anyone else going out.

As for pay at pump and contactless etc why risk it? All it takes is for the person before you to have it or for you to have it and can easily leave it on everything you touch.

The gloves argument is irrelevant as it doesn't stop the spread of the virus it just stops it getting on your hands! But everything you touch with the gloves then has the virus take the gloves off and touch something you touched while wearing gloves and it could be game over!

Guest Swagman

It's all about minimising contact and not with others but with objects too!

It can take 14 days to get any symptoms but before that you don't know you have it and can spread it without knowing and likewise to anyone else going out.

As for pay at pump and contactless etc why risk it? All it takes is for the person before you to have it or for you to have it and can easily leave it on everything you touch.

The gloves argument is irrelevant as it doesn't stop the spread of the virus it just stops it getting on your hands! But everything you touch with the gloves then has the virus take the gloves off and touch something you touched while wearing gloves and it could be game over!

Correct I had no contact apart from a co-op shopping basket and that was it bang a week later coved 19 ,well I say stay home because even IF you get the mild symptoms you will be very ill, and we all know what happens if you suffer a bad one don’t we :angel12: :angel12: :angel12:

More accidents may happen at home because more people are at home more than any where else, I know a poor woman who died after falling down the stairs, my brother nearly died doing the exact same, not at the same time or house, they were both pissed but the accidents weren't put down to alcohol.

Shit happens, but on a bike it tends to be bad shit, when was the last time you walked into a door at 80mph?

Shit happens, but on a bike it tends to be bad shit, when was the last time you walked into a door at 80mph?

That depends on how pissed off the wife is :D

I understand it's frustrating and I don't know your dad's circumstancesr or his capacity to understand why we are being asked to do this so I appreciate that could be hard, but you seem like a switched in type of guy so your question puzzles me.

What about those that don't want to take their chances but don't have the choice because they are keeping the rest of the country fed, watered, warm and alive? There's plenty of people who would love the opportunity to stay and home and do nothing right now but many that are being asked to seem to have a problem with it.

Most accidents happen at home because that's where people spend huge amounts of time. It doesn't make riding your bike safer than sitting on your couch. Then you have to get fuel (please don't start saying contactless payment, unless we shut down every petrol station that doesn't have pay at pump) so some poor minimum wage worker is going to have to risk catching it from someone out on his jollies while they do their part to keep the country running.

I don't mean to rant at you but this just seems to keep coming up with people looking for a different answer than the one that is consistently given and I've been at home listening to bikes go past all day like normal and it just needs to stop.

Nah, I'm just completely and absolutely in a raging snit with life the universe and everything. I think the authorities are trying their best to deal with an absolutely shitty situation. Just not sure that the advice being given is correct and I freely admit I have no idea as to a better solution. I just worry how totally f**ked we're going to be as a country and society afterwards.

Nah, I'm just completely and absolutely in a raging snit with life the universe and everything. I think the authorities are trying their best to deal with an absolutely shitty situation. Just not sure that the advice being given is correct and I freely admit I have no idea as to a better solution. I just worry how totally f**ked we're going to be as a country and society afterwards.

I understand your concern......I really do! After all, we've never seen anything like this in our lifetime.

But there's a long way to go yet.......and all we can do on a personal level is ensure that our families are as well protected as they can be.

Just spoke to my brother in Texas and he had a real rant about Trump. Reckons that the death toll in the US will dwarf all of Europe's.

It will.......beyond a shadow of a doubt!