Is solo ride legal excercise?

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
User avatar
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Location: Gloucestershire
Has liked: 1782 times
Been liked: 817 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by S-Westerly » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:56 pm

FallingDown wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:56 pm
S-Westerly wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:42 pm
Why is it not allowed? You are not contacting anyone else. As to the accident argument most accidents happen at home so what happens then? Not doing it but have zero faith in the crap we are being told and that includes the Chinese lies. Wish I lived in Sweden or Iceland. No shutdown there and no " the end of the world is nigh" either. My 89 year old father is doing his nut but would prefer to take his chances.
I understand it's frustrating and I don't know your dad's circumstancesr or his capacity to understand why we are being asked to do this so I appreciate that could be hard, but you seem like a switched in type of guy so your question puzzles me.

What about those that don't want to take their chances but don't have the choice because they are keeping the rest of the country fed, watered, warm and alive? There's plenty of people who would love the opportunity to stay and home and do nothing right now but many that are being asked to seem to have a problem with it.

Most accidents happen at home because that's where people spend huge amounts of time. It doesn't make riding your bike safer than sitting on your couch. Then you have to get fuel (please don't start saying contactless payment, unless we shut down every petrol station that doesn't have pay at pump) so some poor minimum wage worker is going to have to risk catching it from someone out on his jollies while they do their part to keep the country running.

I don't mean to rant at you but this just seems to keep coming up with people looking for a different answer than the one that is consistently given and I've been at home listening to bikes go past all day like normal and it just needs to stop.
Nah, I'm just completely and absolutely in a raging snit with life the universe and everything. I think the authorities are trying their best to deal with an absolutely shitty situation. Just not sure that the advice being given is correct and I freely admit I have no idea as to a better solution. I just worry how totally f**k we're going to be as a country and society afterwards.
Less empty roads but at last I can ride them!

Richzx6r
Posts: 3370
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Has liked: 3087 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by Richzx6r » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:11 pm

Why worry about what we have no powers to change, just roll with the times.

Now I'm going outside to make a fire
Its better when its loaded

User avatar
XTreme
Posts: 4777
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 1454 times
Been liked: 2066 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by XTreme » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:17 pm

S-Westerly wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:56 pm
FallingDown wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:56 pm
S-Westerly wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:42 pm
Why is it not allowed? You are not contacting anyone else. As to the accident argument most accidents happen at home so what happens then? Not doing it but have zero faith in the crap we are being told and that includes the Chinese lies. Wish I lived in Sweden or Iceland. No shutdown there and no " the end of the world is nigh" either. My 89 year old father is doing his nut but would prefer to take his chances.
I understand it's frustrating and I don't know your dad's circumstancesr or his capacity to understand why we are being asked to do this so I appreciate that could be hard, but you seem like a switched in type of guy so your question puzzles me.

What about those that don't want to take their chances but don't have the choice because they are keeping the rest of the country fed, watered, warm and alive? There's plenty of people who would love the opportunity to stay and home and do nothing right now but many that are being asked to seem to have a problem with it.

Most accidents happen at home because that's where people spend huge amounts of time. It doesn't make riding your bike safer than sitting on your couch. Then you have to get fuel (please don't start saying contactless payment, unless we shut down every petrol station that doesn't have pay at pump) so some poor minimum wage worker is going to have to risk catching it from someone out on his jollies while they do their part to keep the country running.

I don't mean to rant at you but this just seems to keep coming up with people looking for a different answer than the one that is consistently given and I've been at home listening to bikes go past all day like normal and it just needs to stop.
Nah, I'm just completely and absolutely in a raging snit with life the universe and everything. I think the authorities are trying their best to deal with an absolutely shitty situation. Just not sure that the advice being given is correct and I freely admit I have no idea as to a better solution. I just worry how totally f**ked we're going to be as a country and society afterwards.
I understand your concern......I really do! After all, we've never seen anything like this in our lifetime.

But there's a long way to go yet.......and all we can do on a personal level is ensure that our families are as well protected as they can be.

User avatar
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Location: Gloucestershire
Has liked: 1782 times
Been liked: 817 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by S-Westerly » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:28 pm

Just spoke to my brother in Texas and he had a real rant about Trump. Reckons that the death toll in the US will dwarf all of Europe's.
Less empty roads but at last I can ride them!

User avatar
XTreme
Posts: 4777
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 1454 times
Been liked: 2066 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by XTreme » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:51 pm

S-Westerly wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:28 pm
Just spoke to my brother in Texas and he had a real rant about Trump. Reckons that the death toll in the US will dwarf all of Europe's.
It will.......beyond a shadow of a doubt!

User avatar
Six30
TOTY 2019
Posts: 7761
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Location: In Rennies wardrobe
Has liked: 2183 times
Been liked: 3550 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by Six30 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:16 pm

fook it, im going outside to make a fire aswell
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

skyrider
Posts: 2633
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 618 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by skyrider » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:43 pm

got any fireworks :?:
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

Richzx6r
Posts: 3370
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Has liked: 3087 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by Richzx6r » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:46 pm

Sadly not
Its better when its loaded

Richzx6r
Posts: 3370
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Has liked: 3087 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by Richzx6r » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:56 pm

A nice fire
15861201340417990384916830310431.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Its better when its loaded

skyrider
Posts: 2633
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 618 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by skyrider » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:00 pm

now that looks cosy :)
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

Richzx6r
Posts: 3370
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Has liked: 3087 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by Richzx6r » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:01 pm

Oh it is, toasty too
Its better when its loaded

User avatar
JackieOWheels
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:19 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki RF600R
Location: Glasgow
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by JackieOWheels » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:03 pm

Wow Rich, you really did start a fire :lol:
Ride safe everyone, hope to see you all out there!

Richzx6r
Posts: 3370
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Has liked: 3087 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by Richzx6r » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:06 pm

JackieOWheels wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:03 pm
Wow Rich, you really did start a fire :lol:
My motto is go hard or go home and seen as I'm home already I'm going hard
Its better when its loaded

skyrider
Posts: 2633
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 618 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by skyrider » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:11 pm

get the marsh mallows out quick
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

Richzx6r
Posts: 3370
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Has liked: 3087 times
Been liked: 1003 times

Re: Is solo ride legal excercise?

Post by Richzx6r » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:13 pm

Mildly warm I would have said...no? :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Its better when its loaded

Return to “Motorbike Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot] and 7 guests