Is solo ride legal excercise?

Valko

Probably not no, I'm sure we're all tempted to take our bikes out at the moment but please leave it tucked away until non essential travel is allowed.If you need to use it to get to work, or shopping etc then it's fine to use still.

I think the biggest issue with riding a motorcycle isn't so much the social distancing but if you crash there are a few concerns, accidents are accidents and can happen regardless of how you are riding:

Roads are quiet so you may push it a little more

If you break down it means a recovery company has to come out and get you, unless you have a mate with a van nearby

Roads are quieter so may be longer for someone to notice you crashed into a hedge and are now unconscious (if it was a bad one)

It may take longer for the emergency services to get to you as they are understaffed and struggling

You take away an ambulance because you wanted a non-essential ride and potentially from someone who needs it more

You would then be taken to a hospital which will dramatically increase you risk of catching the virus and if you are badly injured I am guessing the last thing your body needs is something else to fight off

You take away more NHS staff from people who need it, who didn't decide to go out for a ride on their motorcycle

Just stay at home and when this all cools down it will be nice and warm and then everyone can get on with buck fever from being excited to get out and crash to their hearts content.

If everyone sticks to the guidelines it means we can get back to some normality quicker, not overload the NHS (which is what this is really about) and hopefully not have a higher death toll because the NHS is beyond capacity. I feel that a lot of the people who don't take this seriously are the ones who haven't had one of the loved ones die with it or pass because of the lack of staff available in the NHS, its selfish and unfair to think you know better than people who are working in the Hospitals who are dealing with this fallout.

If you value the NHS and respect the people there who are at mental and physical breaking point then please listen to what they are asking and stay at home!

For the avoidance of doubt.

Screenshot_20200406_104728.jpg

The police probably thought those two were racing with the amount of gear they were wearing; can't really say they were popping out to the shops to pick up supplies.

:scratch:

The majority of us wear that gear all the time even when not racing :?

I'm off to get an MOT on the Harley in a moment . I'm on leave right now but as a key worker in a rapidly changing situation there is a possibility that I may be required to work from other sites . I'd prefer to use the ER5 but it looks like I've just sold it . Once it's done I won't be going on any sneaky rides no matter how tempting it might be .

For the avoidance of doubt.

Screenshot_20200406_104728.jpg

The police probably thought those two were racing with the amount of gear they were wearing; can't really say they were popping out to the shops to pick up supplies.

Power Rangers still exist there Stu?

That's very 2002 you know!

Yeah plus loads of bell ends out and about at the minute :)

Bellends have always been a permanent fixture there though Stu.

Bellends have always been a permanent fixture there though Stu.

this is true!

Why is it not allowed? You are not contacting anyone else. As to the accident argument most accidents happen at home so what happens then? Not doing it but have zero faith in the crap we are being told and that includes the Chinese lies. Wish I lived in Sweden or Iceland. No shutdown there and no " the end of the world is nigh" either. My 89 year old father is doing his nut but would prefer to take his chances.

It's this sort of ME ME ME.ME selfish attitude that is going to kill loads more innocent ppl .

The longer d1ckheads keep going.out spreading this virus the LONGER ITS going to take to clear up.SO.WE ALL CAN GO OUT AGAIN ..

If you so sure all this CRAP is just hype take a trip to any ICU unit where ppl.are dieing on ventilators go in there and give them a big kiss and a hug and see where you ARE in 14 days . . Take your 89 year old with you see how long he last.....

STAY THE FECK HOME BE SAFE .

Probably not no, I'm sure we're all tempted to take our bikes out at the moment but please leave it tucked away until non essential travel is allowed.If you need to use it to get to work, or shopping etc then it's fine to use still.

How is it me riding my bike solo as one a day exercise any different than my neighbour cycling? If anything people cycling are more exposed.

INB4 fuel - well I use app anyway and pay at the pump.

Note I do stay at home now and don't ride the bike.

But my question is about the written rules - are there any rules written by the UK government about motorcycling now specifically?

How is it me riding my bike solo as one a day exercise any different than my neighbour cycling? If anything people cycling are more exposed.

But my question is about the written rules - are there any rules written by the UK government about motorcycling now specifically?

What "exercise" are you getting riding your bike?

For me it’s more about if you come off at the moment, it puts further strain on much needed medical staff and puts you in hospital and at much greater risk of being exposed to the virus.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to go out on my bike at the moment, nice quiet roads to blast about on etc, but it just isn’t the right thing to do imo so I’m leaving it in the garage.

What "exercise" are you getting riding your bike?

I don't know if anybody can explain to me this obsession with "exercise" that people appear to have there now.

It's 15 years since I was there and I certainly can't remember people banging on about this all the time.

Generally most people looked a f*cking state.......and with pics I've seen since nothing much seems to have changed. If anything, they look fatter to me!

I'm not sure how many of them have ever visited a gym.......because the only places they look to have visited is McDonalds and tattoo artists!

Again...... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Screenshot_20200406_104728.thumb.jpg.9d31f1512f3af07fd31171c03393e4c2.jpg

The amount of fat fookers round my area seems to have increased, i have never seen so many out and about :lol:

I think that's corroborative evidence that cannot be disputed........because nobody is going to be proceeding up a road as slowly as dynax!