always practice motorbike safety

newbiker90

Been riding for over a year now 70 miles a day 5 times a week every day, any weather. I have always been practising motorbike safety rules that you get from advance training. Although I have not done my advance I picked up a lot from certain youtubers, like Advancedbiker, Roadcraftnottingham, McRider, or Police biker videos.

So on a right turn I always stick left, away from the white line, every single time, every day. Never have I seen someone go over that white line coming the opposite way - but I kept being safe day after day, never tempted to kiss that line for a nice apex. Then yesterday, someone in a blue van came storming around the corner half his vehicle strayed over that line and almost had me. If I did not contentiously practice the safe riding techniques I would have been clobbered.

I know some riders out there who get bored of riding this way especially if they have never seen danger coming there way they start to think all is well lets tempt fate. Well yesterday was a prime example of why to never do this. Keep safe out there, do not tempt fate.

Guest Swagman

Ride your bike how you feel safe, many times I’ve seen cars and some bikes coming round on my side of the road, look after yourself and ride safe.

Works both ways, witnessed a crash between 2 bikes opposite directions one cut corner one ran wide they both ended up on their arse, ironicly they were both OK but then proceeded to knock 7bells out of each other, then neither were OK, best entertainment we had on that holiday

Works both ways, witnessed a crash between 2 bikes opposite directions one cut corner one ran wide they both ended up on their arse, ironicly they were both OK but then proceeded to knock 7bells out of each other, then neither were OK, best entertainment we had on that holiday

Were they dressed up as power rangers and doing kung Fu :lol:

I get absolutely Apoplectic watching the amount of ar*ehole car drivers cutting corners. I see them mainly whilst walking the dogs but it got so bad I had to buy a dash cam in case I encountered any on the road whilst driving.

I don’t want to get a helmet cam and therefore I always do the same as Bender the topic starter.

People are just useless, they think nobody’s going to be there when they cut the corner.

I still drive or ride to work every day and even though the amount of cars on the road has drastically been cut I still see a huge amount of ar*ehole driving from what few cars remain. Corner cutting, high speed cornering, switching lanes several times in a short distance back a and forth, high speeds down 30mph roads, using left lanes at roundabouts for right turns, right hand lanes for left turns, even driving down the wrong side of a road for the full length when there isn't even someone to overtake.. many of the drivers out there now seem to think the rules of the road no longer apply to them.

I've always wanted to see two people in one piece leathers have a fight for this reason. 🤣🤣🤣

I've always wanted to see two people in one piece leathers have a fight for this reason. 🤣🤣🤣

To see it on telly is one thing, but to see in real life would be funny as _ _ _ _ :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my mate used to get boozed up, geared up and then knock crap out of each other... great fun. Full leathers, gloves, boots, helmets everything.