A wee dram.... And anything else you are doing to keep yourself entertained during lockdown

FallingDown

So as not hijack the cornona topic and so as not miss any recommendations for whisky currently being shared there here we go....

Also be interested to hear about any hobbies, crafts, projects you have going on to make use of the extra spare time.

I dug out a saxophone that I took as a swap for an old PS2 I had on gumtree years ago. Never really had the time before but going to see if with YouTube's help I can get a note out of it although a divorce seems more likely than tune at the moment.

I'm still working as internet business carries on regardless......though many clients are obviously shut down at this time.

So while I still have to be available and monitoring services, the number of client queries I'm getting is a lot lower.

I don't have any interests other than bikes.......so pretty much kicking my heels for the last 3 weeks!

Guest Richzx6r

I'm currently working only 3 days a week Wednesday to Friday so home for 4 days a week but getting bored of playing on the xbox all the time and I'm tempted to pull apart my old ninja j1 and give it a good clean up but I'm also trying to sort out my lawnmower which has stalled abit due to spares so I'm thinking of scrapping the mower project for something I know works

I'm still working as internet business carries on regardless......though many clients are obviously shut down at this time.

So while I still have to be available and monitoring services, the number of client queries I'm getting is a lot lower.

I don't have any interests other than bikes.......so pretty much kicking my heels for the last 3 weeks!

I do feel for you guys that have been riding your whole lives as well as those that have just started out. I'm lucky that I'm relatively new to it, coming up to 8 years, but long enough for the novelty factor to wear off a bit.

My woe is me story is that my two brothers and me all bought new bikes at the end of last year saying to each other "shit time of year to get a new bike but as soon as spring comes we'll be out there instead of starting looking....". First world problems I know.

Hopefully the whole year won't be a right off. Maybe look at some line dancing videos and start kicking those heels with style. Sounds like rootin tootin @dynax@ might have some leather chaps and a cowboy hat he can lend you.

Got an indoor shooting range, and also making some holsters for my revolvers, so that relieves some of the boredom :lol: :thumb:

Are you in America? I though it was only them that gave guns to nutcases. Does explain all the bean cans though.

Sounds very cool. Pics?

I'm currently working only 3 days a week Wednesday to Friday so home for 4 days a week but getting bored of playing on the xbox all the time and I'm tempted to pull apart my old ninja j1 and give it a good clean up but I'm also trying to sort out my lawnmower which has stalled abit due to spares so I'm thinking of scrapping the mower project for something I know works

Remember dreaming of being able to stay at home and play Xbox? I'm not so keen now either

Got an indoor shooting range, and also making some holsters for my revolvers, so that relieves some of the boredom :lol: :thumb:

Are you in America? I though it was only them that gave guns to nutcases. Does explain all the bean cans though.

Sounds very cool. Pics?

Air guns, CO2 powered, got 3 revolvers, 1 rifle and a pistol/rifle combo :thumb:

This is my sofa range :lol:

P1020624.thumb.JPG.0083593549c3fd3c328ea13a3fea6924.JPG

and a couple of my revolvers :thumb:

P1020616.thumb.JPG.e9cd3b9c426a678d6d2fba5ec9b0da2a.JPG

P1020608.thumb.JPG.08d2adb214bc02c4804fe7027332862d.JPG

Guest Richzx6r

Sounds very cool. Pics?

Air guns, CO2 powered, got 3 revolvers, 1 rifle and a pistol/rifle combo :thumb:

P1020624.JPG

P1020616.JPG

P1020608.JPG

My missus would be going mad if I was using my airsoft guns in the house

Guest Richzx6r

@Richzx6r my missus is very easy going, which is pretty cool otherwise i would have shot her by now :lol: :thumb:

Plus my rifle is way too powerful to be used safely indoors, and with 2 cats running around I wouldn't want one of them to be around when I was using it

@Richzx6r my missus is very easy going, which is pretty cool otherwise i would have shot her by now :lol: :thumb:

she must take her life into her hands going to the kitchen to make a cuppa

Plus my rifle is way too powerful to be used safely indoors, and with 2 cats running around I wouldn't want one of them to be around when I was using it

I use plastic BB's indoors to minimise any risk, the cat's usually run when i start setting up the range :lol:

i only use the revolvers indoors too as my rifles have some punch to them :thumb:

she must take her life into her hands going to the kitchen to make a cuppa

Not at all, she is confined to either her bed or wheelchair, if she wants a cuppa i have to make it :lol: :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

I use plastic BB's indoors to minimise any risk, the cat's usually run when i start setting up the range :lol:

i only use the revolvers indoors too as my rifles have some punch to them :thumb:

Aye same as mine, 427fps last chrono

I haven't chrono'd the revolvers but they only have a power output of around 1.9 joules, perfect for a bit of backyard or indoor plinking with precautions :thumb:

Luckily I managed to get all the materials the day before lock down so since then I'm preparing the fairings to be sprayed.

So far I managed to sand all the parts, repair the wee broken bits. repair the larger broken bits :)

If you didn't knew about it, using super glue and baking soda works a treat for reconstructing plastic bits and is hard as rock.

Yesterday finished priming all the bits including topbox

Today will be starting fine sanding so by the end of the week I'll be ready for starting the red coats. 8-)

Guest Swagman

Luckily I managed to get all the materials the day before lock down so since then I'm preparing the fairings to be sprayed.

So far I managed to sand all the parts, repair the wee broken bits. repair the larger broken bits :)

If you didn't knew about it, using super glue and baking soda works a treat for reconstructing plastic bits and is hard as rock.

Yesterday finished priming all the bits including topbox

Today will be starting fine sanding so by the end of the week I'll be ready for starting the red coats. 8-)

Great tip with the super glue trick.

Guest Swagman

I’m sat here at the moment drinking Red Stag just to help me breathe properly with this fecking covid 19 I hate it second night with no sleep.

Sounds very cool. Pics?

P1020624.JPG

P1020616.JPG

P1020608.JPG

Very nice. Here's mine. Always fancied a Bodie and Doyle style concealed holster. Not to conceal it, just because I want to be Bodie

IMG_20200407_010001.thumb.jpg.3af0c50b98e727a6a141033d3ea59fff.jpg