How much fuel do I need?

Pbassred

From memory coming down start finish straight I was top end of 4th low end 5th gear so maybe 145/150mph back a gear for the first left (120ish), and steady increase on the throttle through the following 2 right handers with a gear change between them then up to 5th again on the park straight so again up to 150ish back down to 2nd gear for the right of park corner which is a fairly late apex almost 90 degree corner and possibly one of the slowest on the track then it's a very long right hander up to maybe low end of 4th gear before going back a gear for the left hander at the top of the hill back to 2nd for the left at the bottom of the hill then a quick squirt to top end of 3rd maybe low end of 4th to the left right chicane at bottom of the mountain which again is taken best in 2nd gear to give a good amount of drive up the hill (remember to cover that rear brake as it will wheelie) after that it's the right left right left all of which can be taken midrange in 3rd, back to 2nd for the next right and up to 3rd for the final right hander and back on the stsrt/finish

I'd really like to see a video of you doing that mate.

Guest Richzx6r

And now I have a cam system on my bike if and that's a big if I ever do Cadwell park again I shall put the video up for you

Guest Richzx6r

The fast class do hit some crazy speeds at Cadwell. I've seen them hit 180 then drop right down to 60+ for the bend at park. 150 is fast for novice, most bottle it at 120/130.

I was in inters at Cadwell and call it mad or just having no concept of danger

The fast class do hit some crazy speeds at Cadwell. I've seen them hit 180 then drop right down to 60+ for the bend at park. 150 is fast for novice, most bottle it at 120/130.

I was in inters at Cadwell and call it mad or just having no concept of danger

Or making the most of it lol.

Guest Richzx6r

Well I know flat out the bike will do just over 170 as I have done it I know the speedometer will be slightly out but not by that much and I know top end of 4th is around 145mph or so

Guest Richzx6r

One other thing to try is getting on an open pitlane day at a track as opposed to the 20 minute sessions of a normal day as I felt pressured in to wanting to see marked improvements in every session of the day but with an open pitlane day that pressure isn't there as you have as much track time as you want you decide when to go out on track and when you have had enough you come back in.

Its what I did for snetterton last time out and I'd do like half hour to 45 minute stints then back in for a rest

Ahh that description of the turns. I can ride the course in my head now, which is nice during these trying times, though in my head the apexes are always on cue and no panic during some what-i-thought-was-only-slightly-later-than-last-time braking. Ahhh and the wind in my hair and the sun beating down, and only wearing shorts and trainers; in many ways lockdown trackdays are better, even the pit girls are nicer.

Whilst I went for a wander and a spectate during the fast group's turn a fella asked me how fast I'd be going at the end of park straight, I didn't have a clue!

Guest Richzx6r

Lol I think the correct answer should have been well it really depends on what you are riding.

But for most sports bikes if you come out of charlies 2 correctly then pin it properly up the straight at the top of the hill in to the braking zone you should be thick end of 140s maybe touching 150

Guest Richzx6r

Ahh that description of the turns. I can ride the course in my head now, which is nice during these trying times, though in my head the apexes are always on cue and no panic during some what-i-thought-was-only-slightly-later-than-last-time braking. Ahhh and the wind in my hair and the sun beating down, and only wearing shorts and trainers; in many ways lockdown trackdays are better, even the pit girls are nicer.

Whilst I went for a wander and a spectate during the fast group's turn a fella asked me how fast I'd be going at the end of park straight, I didn't have a clue!

I can almost see the pit girls now.......

Guest Richzx6r

If you want to see a good couple of flying laps search for Mathew watkins Cadwell park open pitlane, I think hes on an rsv mille or maybe sp2 but hes hitting thick end of 150s low end 160s down start finish and same again down park

If you want to see a good couple of flying laps search for Mathew watkins Cadwell park open pitlane, I think hes on an rsv mille or maybe sp2 but hes hitting thick end of 150s low end 160s down start finish and same again down park

cracking video. one of the questions that keep popping in my head. When you enter a corner do you think of other bikes coming up on the inside or not? most take mirrors off so you wont know what there doing behind. (i realise this sentence seems dodgy :) )

Guest Richzx6r

cracking video. one of the questions that keep popping in my head. When you enter a corner do you think of other bikes coming up on the inside or not? most take mirrors off so you wont know what there doing behind. (i realise this sentence seems dodgy :) )

You are advised to put your mirrors in so you cant see what is behind and to put take over your speedometer so that you don't get distracted by them but generally you can hear is theres another bike(s) behind you but no it's not something I have noticed myself wondering whilst out on track, all that is going through my mind is remembering my brake and turn in markers for each corner, which is something that new trackday riders sometimes forget to do!! For me when I was doing to session I'd do the 2 sighting laps then set a pace that I knew I could do the session at from start to finish then throughout the session inch the braking marker towards the corner ever so slightly but keep the same turn in marker which ultimately will lead to faster corner speeds and better lap times reminding myself to trust the front end and that it knows what it's doing.

You are advised to put your mirrors in so you cant see what is behind and to put take over your speedometer so that you don't get distracted by them but generally you can hear is theres another bike(s) behind you but no it's not something I have noticed myself wondering whilst out on track, all that is going through my mind is remembering my brake and turn in markers for each corner, which is something that new trackday riders sometimes forget to do!! For me when I was doing to session I'd do the 2 sighting laps then set a pace that I knew I could do the session at from start to finish then throughout the session inch the braking marker towards the corner ever so slightly but keep the same turn in marker which ultimately will lead to faster corner speeds and better lap times reminding myself to trust the front end and that it knows what it's doing.

brill cheers. Think on the videos it looks sudden when a bike appears. I guess those who want to go faster need to predict the path of the bikes in front. only thing that really pops in my head. The rest makes sense. All we need now is FREEDOM. :)

Guest Richzx6r

You are correct there, it's the responsibility of the rider who is overtaking to do it in a manner that wont impact on the rider in front so theres no stuffing it up the inside of a corner be best off waiting a second or two till you are on a straight then squirt past

You are correct there, it's the responsibility of the rider who is overtaking to do it in a manner that wont impact on the rider in front so theres no stuffing it up the inside of a corner be best off waiting a second or two till you are on a straight then squirt past

really helpful cheers. :)

Guest Richzx6r

really helpful cheers. :)

Not a problem mate, I just need to pull my finger out and get something done with the trackbike