Insurance time again

Bender

Just a pointer for using comparison sites, some of them slightly impact your credit rating, make up an identical John doe for searches then put your correct details in when you find what your happy with.

I always wonder what the old granny next door thinks of the junk mail she must get

@Six30 the age will make a bit difference but I think the most comes down to location and risk, I ran a quote last year for a new crosstourer bearing in mind I only had 2years no claims, came in at 145, didn't think that was too bad

that was good.

Maybe they think 79yr old Doris isn't a risk

what happens round Doris's stays round Doris's … just make sure she keeps her mouth shut and don't show any one the pictures .

we all make genuine typos from time to time, I don't pick up on typos as a rule. We are only human after all. :thumb:

What a f*ckwit

Oops, sorry, I meant to say "What an unfortunate mistake".

Genuine typo you know.

You know and I know along with everyone else what you meant. It's not the sort of behaviour we expect from members of this forum to abuse people on a personal level.

Yet people could take it personal for you correcting them like you do!

.I just did mine had the letter thro £163.00 full comp . 0.00 excess. Pillion. Leathers.leagle protection the usual jiz . Then the mrs said you have to tell them about that old fart who hit the car just before xmas out of his face on a diabetic rush/almost coma .

Oyea crap so I did called them and guess what it's now £183.00 hang on it was not my fault he was off his face having a diabetic episode crosses 3 lanes of traffic and his the side my car head on . So not my fault so why has it gone up .

Becuse you had an accident.......

WTF . I had to pay £100 excess when I taken my car in for repair had to pay it even when AGAIN not my fault but I'll.get that back once the claim sorted as I cant get the car repaird due to the garage closed/lockdown . So now I want my bike increases for the next 5 years as well .

I would make a complaint and go elsewhere if they don't bring it back down.

If the accident wasn't your fault you should have kept your mouth shut. ;)

I strongly advise you not to do that !

From first hand experience.

My car 2005 Merc E350 estate hit by our forklift at work in the compound off road.

Forklift driver admits responsibility and the company settles through their insurance (my insurer not involved at all).

3 weeks van hire and car written off (12metre telehandler versus car no great surprise) Companies insurers second offer accepted and used as deposit on next car.

Roll on 12 months and renewing insurance for replacement car I was asked the accident question and admitted my no fault claim as I thought like you that it wasn't relevant.

Insurance company said you didn't declare an accident therefore you owe us £165.00.

I said how can I owe you on a policy that has just expired as I didn't change your level of risk !

They said pay up or court.

I said good luck you twats as I don't see why I should be penalised for being honest and declaring now that I made a genuine oversight.

They started chasing me so I told them I would ensure it cost them more than £165 to get their money and as the call was recorded I ensured they had a record of me saying I wasn't refusing to pay.

I dodged and ignored debt collectors and call for 6 months before summons eventually landed then two days before hearing I paid up.

So be careful !!!!!

They are cnuts and they will shaft you if they think they can.

The cnuts in question "Admiral" I wouldn't use them if they were half the price of anyone else.

Rant over.

Cheers

Ian

You know and I know along with everyone else what you meant. It's not the sort of behaviour we expect from members of this forum to abuse people on a personal level.

twat :popcorn:

.I just did mine had the letter thro £163.00 full comp . 0.00 excess. Pillion. Leathers.leagle protection the usual jiz . Then the mrs said you have to tell them about that old fart who hit the car just before xmas out of his face on a diabetic rush/almost coma .

Oyea crap so I did called them and guess what it's now £183.00 hang on it was not my fault he was off his face having a diabetic episode crosses 3 lanes of traffic and his the side my car head on . So not my fault so why has it gone up .

Becuse you had an accident.......

WTF . I had to pay £100 excess when I taken my car in for repair had to pay it even when AGAIN not my fault but I'll.get that back once the claim sorted as I cant get the car repaird due to the garage closed/lockdown . So now I want my bike increases for the next 5 years as well .

I would make a complaint and go elsewhere if they don't bring it back down.

If the accident wasn't your fault you should have kept your mouth shut. ;)

I strongly advise you not to do that !

From first hand experience.

My car 2005 Merc E350 estate hit by our forklift at work in the compound off road.

Forklift driver admits responsibility and the company settles through their insurance (my insurer not involved at all).

3 weeks van hire and car written off (12metre telehandler versus car no great surprise) Companies insurers second offer accepted and used as deposit on next car.

Roll on 12 months and renewing insurance for replacement car I was asked the accident question and admitted my no fault claim as I thought like you that it wasn't relevant.

Insurance company said you didn't declare an accident therefore you owe us £165.00.

I said how can I owe you on a policy that has just expired as I didn't change your level of risk !

They said pay up or court.

I said good luck you twats as I don't see why I should be penalised for being honest and declaring now that I made a genuine oversight.

They started chasing me so I told them I would ensure it cost them more than £165 to get their money and as the call was recorded I ensured they had a record of me saying I wasn't refusing to pay.

I dodged and ignored debt collectors and call for 6 months before summons eventually landed then two days before hearing I paid up.

So be careful !!!!!

They are cnuts and they will shaft you if they think they can.

The cnuts in question "Admiral" I wouldn't use them if they were half the price of anyone else.

Rant over.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks I know . One the main reasons is every one knows (if you dont then you do now ) insurance to55ers will DO ANYTHING LOOK FOR ANYTHING not to pay out so if they have a pi55 in the wind chance of not paying out on a claim so you end up with feck all they WILL DO IT ..

As you said it clearly states HAVE YOU HAD ANY ACCIDENTS your fault or not ...

I'm.just waiting to read in the papers that ppl on lock.down and.NOT.key works being charged by the cops for no insurance as I'm sure if the police say your not to.dive on the roads then your insurance in invalied ??? .. as mr loophole pointed out in the paper last week

Just a pointer for using comparison sites, some of them slightly impact your credit rating, make up an identical John doe for searches then put your correct details in when you find what your happy with.

I didn't realise that it affects credit ratings, I better start using fake details then, not that I go on comparison websites a lot. Thanks for the tip [mention]Bender[/mention]!

I didn't realise that it affects credit ratings, I better start using fake details then, not that I go on comparison websites a lot. Thanks for the tip @Bender!

Its a routine check and is what's called a 'soft' search and leaves no permanent mark. This means it can't be seen by anyone other than you and the credit reference agency providing your credit score, and will disappear after 12 months. So it will have no impact whatsoever on your chances of getting credit in future, Benders making a mountain out of a mole hill again , the tart.

I didn't realise that it affects credit ratings, I better start using fake details then, not that I go on comparison websites a lot. Thanks for the tip @Bender!

Its a routine check and is what's called a 'soft' search and leaves no permanent mark. This means it can't be seen by anyone other than you and the credit reference agency providing your credit score, and will disappear after 12 months. So it will have no impact whatsoever on your chances of getting credit in future, Benders making a mountain out of a mole hill again , the tart.

Incorrect, I did searches 2 year ago and it went down, dug into it and a few had done full on credit searches, I had to enquire as the companies that showed up were bizzare and never heard of them, took a month via experian to get they were related to insurance quotes.

It didn't nock it down by much I think it was 25points, I was gutted it noked it below the Mrs, I'm lucky my score is high but had I been borderline it could have impacted ability to get good rates on loans or no loans.

Last year I searched using similar details and not a thing came up, and that's the way I will be fishing in future

Incorrect, I did searches 2 year ago and it went down, dug into it and a few had done full on credit searches, I had to enquire as the companies that showed up were bizzare and never heard of them, took a month via experian to get they were related to insurance quotes.

It didn't nock it down by much I think it was 25points, I was gutted it noked it below the Mrs, I'm lucky my score is high but had I been borderline it could have impacted ability to get good rates on loans or no loans.

Last year I searched using similar details and not a thing came up, and that's the way I will be fishing in future

So it's best that going forward, when we use comparison websites to use fake details. I've done loads of searches when I do use it to see what would get me the best quote and each time I use it it would be recorded on my credit score. Lol, my lord!

Ah right, yup, best to read the fine print then on these websites. Now I know why I get these random calls from time to time again, probably going to use a fake number too.

take no notice of Bender , he's probably drunk again .

Ah right, yup, best to read the fine print then on these websites. Now I know why I get these random calls from time to time again, probably going to use a fake number too.

take no notice of Bender , he's probably drunk again .

To a certain degree, I'm sure a lot of us are just now being stuck indoors.

*opens my next beer