Vinyl wraps

gymwitch

So my hubs has a Vespa, i know right.....anyhoo he wants me to wrap the side panels. They are already wrapped but its torn and tatty.

Has anyone got any experience with this?

hair dryer to get old wrap off, clean surfaces, use a old bank card or similar to apply new wrap , make sure you got more wrap than you need , cause you'll probably need it along with a swear box :thumb:

hair dryer to get old wrap off, clean surfaces, use a old bank card or similar to apply new wrap , make sure you got more wrap than you need , cause you'll probably need it along with a swear box :thumb:

Ohh the language is going to be epic. Im going to video my efforts aswel 😬 should be fun 🤬🤬🤬

As Rich says.

I would add make sure you have a strong solution of water and washing up liquid and make the water warm rather than cold.

Oh and get another swear box as one wont be enough.

Cheers

Ian

As Rich says.

I would add make sure you have a strong solution of water and washing up liquid and make the water warm rather than cold.

Oh and get another swear box as one wont be enough.

Cheers

Ian

Whats the water for?

Spray the water/soap onto whatever you are going to wrap,lay down the vinyl then using the squeege thing you start to gently push out the water and it then sticks it down,

watch a few youtube vids to see how it's done :thumb:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vinyl+wrapping&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiGjP_cz9boAhWDThUIHSNBA1QQ_AUoA3oECA8QBQ&biw=1440&bih=708

Spray the water/soap onto whatever you are going to wrap,lay down the vinyl then using the squeege thing you start to gently push out the water and it then sticks it down,

https://www.google.com/search?q=vinyl+wrapping&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiGjP_cz9boAhWDThUIHSNBA1QQ_AUoA3oECA8QBQ&biw=1440&bih=708

Ive not seen one done with water...just the sticky backed ones...i will go and have a proper look. Cheers 🙂

Ive not seen one done with water...just the sticky backed ones...i will go and have a proper look. Cheers 🙂

They still use soap/water with those ones, allows you to position the vinyl till you are ready to fix it permanantly :thumb:

#dynax is right all vinyls or helicopter tape (To protect against chips) are positioned and moved on a layer of soapy water which has the added benefit of helping you to ease air bubbles to the edge and out.

Should you have a trapped bubble you cant move you can pierce with a pin and apply heat from air gun/hairdryer and massage flat.

Remember to roll over any edges to prevent cut ends being exposed and liable to get peeled back.

There are several videos on youtube.

Have fun.

Cheers

Ian

If it turns out ok im doing the kitchen cupboards with it 🤔 dont tell he who shall be obeyed (can't type that with a straight face) that im using his beloved vespa as a practice run 🤫

If it turns out ok im doing the kitchen cupboards with it 🤔 dont tell he who shall be obeyed (can't type that with a straight face) that im using his beloved vespa as a practice run 🤫

I mucked about with clear helicopter tape to protect the bumper on a Merc estate and when my other half saw how it worked she bought a marble patterned wrap and did the kitchen worktops with it.

Turned out well and a fraction of the cost of new worktop.

Cheers

Ian

I mucked about with clear helicopter tape to protect the bumper on a Merc estate and when my other half saw how it worked she bought a marble patterned wrap and did the kitchen worktops with it.

Turned out well and a fraction of the cost of new worktop.

Cheers

Ian

Cool 🙂

Turns out him indoors knows a guy who does bespoke designs on wrapping vinyl....just wants the size of the panels and will cut it for me...i just have to stick it on. Mebee 1 swear jar will do after all 🙃

I could do Betty's tank too 🤔

I can feel a wrap fest coming on.....