Insurance con (not vehicle)

BIKERDAD

Last month (march ) I had to send a paercle to USA so i went on internet and found one that would ship to the USA . For £160 if i paid extra I could guarantee delivery by certain date so i paid the extra ..then it can up.pay another £30 and we.can offer garennteed delivery in 3 days .

So as I had already paid I just stuck with it.

So.i paid on the 16th for the parcle to be collected on the 18th and garennteed delivery on the 23rd .. OR my shipping cost back ok have a bit.that ..

So item picked up 18th . Checked the.tracking number on the 22an still on way . Mmm not in the US yet less than 10hrs to go .. then I see the date changed garennteed deliverey 25th .. ????? Checked the print out no its def the 23rd .

23rd come.and.goes so.does the 24th still not delivered so I email the company where my parcle

ON ITS WAY .

Then gets.a.email delivered 26th ..

Ok contacts them about my refund

Sorry not paying out ACT OF GOD

I emailed there is no.such thing as act.of.god

They replied !!! force Majeure !!!

Which basily means anything humans dont cause no control of .

So I emailed back.and said taken a.wild guess. But I'm going.to say your excuses for missing the date twice is.... covid-19.. ..

Unfortunately somthing that been going on for.almost 4 months you cant claim force Majeure .

They replied yes we can so we not.paying out ..

So that was extra £40 or possibly £70 paying extra with the courier having no intested in making the deadline as they hide behind this cluse

The dates was there dates not.mine they said they could pick up and guarantee delivery on these dates even when this pandemic is going on knowing they not going to deliver but take your money anyway . .

think his point is they knew it would be late cause of virus , but still charged him the extra saying it would be there on time and cause it wasn't blamed virus...

No one can predict what is happening out there! everything was changing on a daily basis so everything may well have been fine at the time of posting

Hi that's right thats the reason

Not about complineing it's being ripped off if they had said it take till may to.deliver then.i would not.been bothered but as they said PAY EXTRA AND ITS GARENNTEED . Then being told no it's not not even we will refund extra I paid if they said we will refund the extra then that would be fine but keeping it and offering even quicker more expensive service as well while knowing all about this there not even taken this in to consideration the covid-19 pandemic they still offering the same service as I have sent 2 more parcels since (standard cost ) yet still messaging me PAY EXTRA ..

THEY ARE RIPPING PPL OFF .

The package may have been quarantined for 14 days! which would be beyond their control!

I wouldn't say its a con or a rip off as its unprecedented times! under normal circumstances I bet they could deliver

Have you got the terms and conditions to read? I bet its covered under there which you agree to by paying for the service

They knew about the delays and still sold the quick delivery to you.

If you paid it through a credit card then ring your card provider and claim that way. I did this recently.

I hired a car for a week, paid extra for excess cover and I had a small accident where the front bumper was scuffed. The wall I hit was fine :stupid:

I paid the excess and then went to insurer to claim excess. I emailed and called repeatedly and nothing for months. I put reviews online and then saw tons of other complaints.

I rang my bank, told them the story. Not only did they refund my insurance fee they paid out the total cost of the excess I paid. I never heard from the insurers in the end.

Booked thro parclehero.. collected by and shipped by parclefarce

There's your problem, FedEx, DHL and all that lot have been saying they're not guaranteeing any sort of delivery schedule for weeks.

The package may have been quarantined for 14 days! which would be beyond their control!

I wouldn't say its a con or a rip off as its unprecedented times! under normal circumstances I bet they could deliver

Have you got the terms and conditions to read? I bet its covered under there which you agree to by paying for the service

If it had been quarinteaned 14 days then when it arrived in the US on the 23rd it would not been delivered on the 26h as that works out to 3 days not 14 ?????

There force Majeure. Terms are

‘An Act of God’), including bad weather conditions, traffic accidents and mechanical issues with flights and vehicles.

Customs clearance

Incorrectly packaged and incorrectly labelled parcels

If you look in to it more its stuff that humans can't control.

But one my points is

One the things was the Icelandic volcano eruption they are listing that as one of there act of god .

Now 30 years ago yea that would be possible as I go in to post office send a parcle it get caught in the act of god thing

BUT IN TO DAYS DAY AN AGE soon as the ground rumbles the whole world knows social media face book 24r news ..

So I dont see how stuff like that can be used . As its stuff we dont know about or control .

Volcano.blows courier companys know find an other way round to deliver parcles . So add a few days on to the shipping and away you go . Dont keep the same times and take pills money then claim act of god rubbish.

FYI I ordered something 5 days ago with first class delivery! still no sign of it yet

But I'm not kicking off at having to pay for 1st class post as under the circumstances all those involved in deliveries at the moment are well and truly snowed under! you can't even get a Asda delivery inside 3 weeks anymore!

Seriously give your head a bang and open your eyes to what is going on in the world! and stop moaning about a package been a few days late! many people have risked their life to get that parcel delivered why don't you appreciate that it actually got there under the circumstances :roll:

FYI I ordered something 5 days ago with first class delivery! still no sign of it yet

But I'm not kicking off at having to pay for 1st class post as under the circumstances all those involved in deliveries at the moment are well and truly snowed under! you can't even get a Asda delivery inside 3 weeks anymore!

Seriously give your head a bang and open your eyes to what is going on in the world! and stop moaning about a package been a few days late! many people have risked their life to get that parcel delivered why don't you appreciate that it actually got there under the circumstances :roll:

I ordered new footrest rubbers for the Trophy on Monday 1st class

Arrived today 😛😛

Bout 6 years ago I ordered some brembo brake brackets to convert my car to err brembo's

Custom made to order, tracked, guaranteed etc, was sent ups to UK, took 14hrs to get to bonded warehouse used by parcel farce and that was the end of that.

They refused to pay, insurance wouldn't pay, it wasn't the sellers fault, they eventually said as good will gesture they would go half on another set but would ensure ups door to door which hiked price up.

From pickup in texas to my front door under 30hrs.

Almost a year later to the day I get a parcel from parcel force, sorry for the delay, fook knows where they had them.

Bout 6 years ago I ordered some brembo brake brackets to convert my car to err brembo's

Custom made to order, tracked, guaranteed etc, was sent ups to UK, took 14hrs to get to bonded warehouse used by parcel farce and that was the end of that.

They refused to pay, insurance wouldn't pay, it wasn't the sellers fault, they eventually said as good will gesture they would go half on another set but would ensure ups door to door which hiked price up.

From pickup in texas to my front door under 30hrs.

Almost a year later to the day I get a parcel from parcel force, sorry for the delay, fook knows where they had them.

Obviously didn't fit the warehouse managers car or bike !

Cheers

Ian

.FYI I ordered something 5 days ago with first class delivery! still no sign of it yet

But I'm not kicking off at having to pay for 1st class post as under the circumstances all those involved in deliveries at the moment are well and truly snowed under! you can't even get a Asda delivery inside 3 weeks anymore

GOD SOME PPL ARE DUMB

Did you get offered GARENNTEED DELIVERY did you PAY EXTRA .. did they offer to deliver it faster if you paid more money .

NO NO NO

Then your 1st argument is non existent non compatible .

Next time why do you ask for garennteed and see what they say and how much they charge you you can pay it and when they say sod off you can Its ok I dont mind paying for a service YOU OFFERED but wont honor it ..

Now lets behave gentlemen....

Thats it, the end of the world is here.

Why? did you pay for postage insurance and it didn't get there on time :popcorn:

No I ordered an annoying prick of a Six30 and they sent the fooking sensible one, no idea wtf they were thinking.