Corona virus projects

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
skyrider
Posts: 2657
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 629 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by skyrider » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:45 pm

fastbob wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 pm
I'm really stuck for projects because I had nothing lined up when this shit started . Anyway I found a rusty old tool box that someone had put out for the scrap collectors so I took it home and painted it up a bit . It's plenty big enough thanks very much . In fact I'm pleasantly surprised how few tools I've had to buy for the Harley . ( Cue the usual bollox ) 😉
yes expect it coming right round the corner at you :lol:
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

User avatar
Bender
Moderator
Posts: 4712
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Gender: Male
Has liked: 1678 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by Bender » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:10 pm

skyrider wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:45 pm
fastbob wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 pm
I'm really stuck for projects because I had nothing lined up when this shit started . Anyway I found a rusty old tool box that someone had put out for the scrap collectors so I took it home and painted it up a bit . It's plenty big enough thanks very much . In fact I'm pleasantly surprised how few tools I've had to buy for the Harley . ( Cue the usual bollox ) 😉
yes expect it coming right round the corner at you :lol:
@fastbob thats a good looking old tool box 👍

@skyrider dont go scaring the harley with talk of corners.
Bite my shiny, metal ass!

User avatar
Mickly
Subscriber
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:32 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 15my Speed Triple / 1994 1200 triumph Trophy
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 569 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by Mickly » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:42 am

fastbob wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 pm
I'm really stuck for projects because I had nothing lined up when this shit started . Anyway I found a rusty old tool box that someone had put out for the scrap collectors so I took it home and painted it up a bit . It's plenty big enough thanks very much . In fact I'm pleasantly surprised how few tools I've had to buy for the Harley . ( Cue the usual bollox ) 😉
I’d hate to disappoint you, but this is probably the only tool you’d need for a Harley & I’m not sure it’d fit 🤣🤣
02B12B66-8DCF-4A36-B139-B1CC1E355AD0.jpeg
Nice job by the way👍
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2020 challenge points

fastbob
Posts: 7180
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 2880 times
Been liked: 3170 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by fastbob » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:14 pm

Mickly wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:42 am
fastbob wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 pm
I'm really stuck for projects because I had nothing lined up when this shit started . Anyway I found a rusty old tool box that someone had put out for the scrap collectors so I took it home and painted it up a bit . It's plenty big enough thanks very much . In fact I'm pleasantly surprised how few tools I've had to buy for the Harley . ( Cue the usual bollox ) 😉
I’d hate to disappoint you, but this is probably the only tool you’d need for a Harley & I’m not sure it’d fit 🤣🤣02B12B66-8DCF-4A36-B139-B1CC1E355AD0.jpeg

Nice job by the way👍
Oh bollox !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
old-timer
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW F650 Funduro
Location: 's-Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands)
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 307 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by old-timer » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:45 pm

A while ago, my webhosting provider 'upgraded' the website-creation function (well, that's what they called it).
Leaving my website in a somewhat messed up state after they 'converted' it .
For me the most significant change was the limitation of tables/galleries.
Forcing me to split my 'sidecar scale model collection' into two galleries before I could add my latest purchases.
I resented the thought of having to rework a product that I was totally happy with, so I kept postponing the project.

But now Corona offered me the opportunity to get accustomed to the new way of working.
And to finally rearrange and 'unmess' the site, and add the latest purchases to the 'sidecar scale model collection'.
(In Dutch this is one word, scoring massively when laid out right in Scrabble, by the way).

The latest addition consist of: a scale model by OXFORD, scale 1:76.
And two somewhat 'peculiar', detached sidecars (so no motorbikes), made of some soft but very heavy metal.
Could be lead even, for all I know... By an Italian company but made in China.
"Quite unique in NL", the shopkeeper told me. He obtained just the two from some British distributer...

A099-OXFORD.jpg
A097-Tricicolo-M72-Red Army (1).jpg
A098-Tricicolo-FN sidecar-Cavalry Corps-2(1).jpg

If you're curious about the whole collection (± 100 models), below is a link to the web page in question (in English).
Do have a peek... After all, it's not as if we have so many pressing activities now. Or is it ?

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane.
And best wishes for Boris.


Sidecar Scale Model Collection
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
One life, one love, one cylinder...

BMW F650 FUNDURO

Ian Frog
Subscriber
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:27 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): ZRX1200R, 2003 Supercharged Busa, 2005 Busa
Location: Bedfordshire
Has liked: 362 times
Been liked: 774 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by Ian Frog » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:58 pm

Following my reluctance to fit a hugger to my twin shock Rex I have gone mad and fitted one to the road going Busa as well.
I can be so fickle lol.
Hugger1.jpg
Hugger2.jpg
busa hugger.jpg
busa hugger2.jpg
Cheers
Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ian Frog
Subscriber
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:27 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): ZRX1200R, 2003 Supercharged Busa, 2005 Busa
Location: Bedfordshire
Has liked: 362 times
Been liked: 774 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by Ian Frog » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:01 pm

As a post scipt both huggers fitted very well (Powerbronze) but I have replaced the supplied mounting screws with stainless allen head bolts and washers.
Nothing wrong with their fittings but as so close to a fast moving tyre I wanted to torque up tight !
Cheers
Ian

skyrider
Posts: 2657
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 629 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by skyrider » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 pm

that should keep everything nice and clean underneath now :)
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

User avatar
Mickly
Subscriber
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:32 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 15my Speed Triple / 1994 1200 triumph Trophy
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 569 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by Mickly » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:38 pm

old-timer wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:45 pm
A while ago, my webhosting provider 'upgraded' the website-creation function (well, that's what they called it).
Leaving my website in a somewhat messed up state after they 'converted' it .
For me the most significant change was the limitation of tables/galleries.
Forcing me to split my 'sidecar scale model collection' into two galleries before I could add my latest purchases.
I resented the thought of having to rework a product that I was totally happy with, so I kept postponing the project.

But now Corona offered me the opportunity to get accustomed to the new way of working.
And to finally rearrange and 'unmess' the site, and add the latest purchases to the 'sidecar scale model collection'.
(In Dutch this is one word, scoring massively when laid out right in Scrabble, by the way).

The latest addition consist of: a scale model by OXFORD, scale 1:76.
And two somewhat 'peculiar', detached sidecars (so no motorbikes), made of some soft but very heavy metal.
Could be lead even, for all I know... By an Italian company but made in China.
"Quite unique in NL", the shopkeeper told me. He obtained just the two from some British distributer...


A099-OXFORD.jpg

A097-Tricicolo-M72-Red Army (1).jpg

A098-Tricicolo-FN sidecar-Cavalry Corps-2(1).jpg


If you're curious about the whole collection (± 100 models), below is a link to the web page in question (in English).
Do have a peek... After all, it's not as if we have so many pressing activities now. Or is it ?

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane.
And best wishes for Boris.


Sidecar Scale Model Collection
As hobbies go, that is Niche !!
2020 challenge points

Ian Frog
Subscriber
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:27 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): ZRX1200R, 2003 Supercharged Busa, 2005 Busa
Location: Bedfordshire
Has liked: 362 times
Been liked: 774 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by Ian Frog » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:12 pm

Ian Frog wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:01 pm
As a post scipt both huggers fitted very well (Powerbronze) but I have replaced the supplied mounting screws with stainless allen head bolts and washers.
Nothing wrong with their fittings but as so close to a fast moving tyre I wanted to torque up tight !
Cheers
Ian
I like to keep my undersides as clean as possible.
Especially these days as you never know who is going to be seeing them !
Cheers
Ian

skyrider
Posts: 2657
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 629 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by skyrider » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:24 pm

not wrong :wink:
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

User avatar
Tiggie
Moderator
Posts: 3721
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:46 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Nothing :-(
Location: Bingley, West Yorkshire
Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 1361 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by Tiggie » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:47 pm

Back during the storms I found my small glass garden table had flipped and smashed everywhere :shock:
homebasetable.jpg
(not my table but gives you an idea of what the damage looked like. In fact worse than this picture as half the sodding glass went on my lawn and i'm still finding little black squares of the stuff :? )


As i'm a lazy b@stard the frame has been sat in a pile of things waiting to go to the tip. Yesterday I had the thought of just making a new top for it.
IMG_20200407_162234.jpg
Wood is from an old pallet I swiped from loading bay at work for last years bonfire (overestimated how many I needed to burn so just shoved one down side of garage for a rainy day i.e. was easier than disposing of properly :mrgreen: )

92318852_234017664473424_4167491691697143808_n.jpg
Thought I'd give it a stain with an old tin I found in back of garage

And there you go,at the very least it kept me entertained for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Play nice or I'll wake Rennie up. And nobody wants that!!

User avatar
Bender
Moderator
Posts: 4712
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Gender: Male
Has liked: 1678 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by Bender » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:03 pm

I think wood looks better than the glass 👍
Bite my shiny, metal ass!

User avatar
Tiggie
Moderator
Posts: 3721
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:46 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Nothing :-(
Location: Bingley, West Yorkshire
Has liked: 1277 times
Been liked: 1361 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by Tiggie » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:33 pm

I'm liking it too. And as a bonus it won't take forever to clean if it flips over again :D

You really wouldn't believe how many bits of black safety glass I'm still finding out there!
Play nice or I'll wake Rennie up. And nobody wants that!!

User avatar
Stu
Site Admin
Posts: 35225
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:03 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): FJR1300 & BMW F650ST
Location: Bilton
Has liked: 3583 times
Been liked: 3143 times

Re: Corona virus projects

Post by Stu » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:36 pm

Times to get the hoover out and use it on the grass @Tiggie

Looks like you have done a good job
Fines are taxes for doing bad, taxes are fines for doing good.

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bender, CommonCrawl [Bot], Mickly, Richzx6r, Twitter [Bot] and 7 guests