Corona virus projects

Bender

As a post scipt both huggers fitted very well (Powerbronze) but I have replaced the supplied mounting screws with stainless allen head bolts and washers.

Nothing wrong with their fittings but as so close to a fast moving tyre I wanted to torque up tight !

Cheers

Ian

A while ago, my webhosting provider 'upgraded' the website-creation function (well, that's what they called it).

Leaving my website in a somewhat messed up state after they 'converted' it .

For me the most significant change was the limitation of tables/galleries.

Forcing me to split my 'sidecar scale model collection' into two galleries before I could add my latest purchases.

I resented the thought of having to rework a product that I was totally happy with, so I kept postponing the project.

But now Corona offered me the opportunity to get accustomed to the new way of working.

And to finally rearrange and 'unmess' the site, and add the latest purchases to the 'sidecar scale model collection'.

(In Dutch this is one word, scoring massively when laid out right in Scrabble, by the way).

The latest addition consist of: a scale model by OXFORD, scale 1:76.

And two somewhat 'peculiar', detached sidecars (so no motorbikes), made of some soft but very heavy metal.

Could be lead even, for all I know... By an Italian company but made in China.

"Quite unique in NL", the shopkeeper told me. He obtained just the two from some British distributer...

A099-OXFORD.jpg

A097-Tricicolo-M72-Red Army (1).jpg

A098-Tricicolo-FN sidecar-Cavalry Corps-2(1).jpg

If you're curious about the whole collection (± 100 models), below is a link to the web page in question (in English).

Do have a peek... After all, it's not as if we have so many pressing activities now. Or is it ?

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane.

And best wishes for Boris.

Sidecar Scale Model Collection

As hobbies go, that is Niche !!

As a post scipt both huggers fitted very well (Powerbronze) but I have replaced the supplied mounting screws with stainless allen head bolts and washers.

Nothing wrong with their fittings but as so close to a fast moving tyre I wanted to torque up tight !

Cheers

Ian

I like to keep my undersides as clean as possible.

Especially these days as you never know who is going to be seeing them !

Cheers

Ian

Back during the storms I found my small glass garden table had flipped and smashed everywhere :shock:

homebasetable.thumb.jpg.797d743db62edd8a4d764d2c7e2a2cba.jpg

(not my table but gives you an idea of what the damage looked like. In fact worse than this picture as half the sodding glass went on my lawn and i'm still finding little black squares of the stuff :? )

As i'm a lazy b@stard the frame has been sat in a pile of things waiting to go to the tip. Yesterday I had the thought of just making a new top for it.

IMG_20200407_162234.jpg.a2761837bef3a1ee755a30eee97b614b.jpg

Wood is from an old pallet I swiped from loading bay at work for last years bonfire (overestimated how many I needed to burn so just shoved one down side of garage for a rainy day i.e. was easier than disposing of properly :mrgreen: )

92318852_234017664473424_4167491691697143808_n.thumb.jpg.ee543daf3ea1e8ff787fe50b8d470d1e.jpg

Thought I'd give it a stain with an old tin I found in back of garage

And there you go,at the very least it kept me entertained for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon :cheers:

I'm liking it too. And as a bonus it won't take forever to clean if it flips over again :D

You really wouldn't believe how many bits of black safety glass I'm still finding out there!

[mention]Stu[/mention] I did get the hoover out! Wife was not impressed :lol:

I think what really annoyed her is I was more bothered about my cat getting cut than her or the kids :mrgreen:

We are decorating the kitchen with material we have found around the house.

Wallpaper we found under the stairs that the previous owners used, we have been here 14 years.

A packet of paste I found in the depths of the shed.

Paint left over from other rooms.

Filler, sandpaper and other consumables all from the shed or garage.

All we've spent so far is £35 on a shelf unit and £5 on some more paste.

Thank fk for Amazon.

Let there be light

Might need a dimmer 😂

You have actually captured some of the sun haven't you :scratch: I can see that light from mine

The lamp has never worked in the 14yrs since we moved in, it's a minor miracle the original bulbs still work.

Surely I can't be the only one going round the bend?

Today I decided to tackle the boiler, it's been getting a bit noisy and a little leak from the filter

Removed filter, long life rubber washers were not long life and shagged, removed, cleaned, temp fibre washers fitted, bit lube, re fitted.

Removed inlet and boiler filter, cleaned, re fitted.

Removed flow connection, rurned wrong way, made an adapter to fit hose, flushed every radiator in house out with filling loop and boiler isolated.

Alot less noise now and no more leaks from filter.

DSC_0073.thumb.JPG.54f08e93aafdf3de5189c4e2456e9393.JPG

DSC_0069.thumb.JPG.1bd1e0fbc6c9f38ff33c260608f49864.JPG

DSC_0067.thumb.JPG.83b0e3f87f465605c3da53cbb7ffab1d.JPG

DSC_0071.thumb.JPG.062333d3b28511da9656fe831052bd1e.JPG

DSC_0072.thumb.JPG.fbe36f473a1b6a2f94ec724779e05c4e.JPG

I ordered a bulk bag of gravel for our front, I started sorting this out about a year ago, ended up hating the bit of slate I put down and then just left it until now. Just waiting for some small shrubs and a small feature plant to finish it off.

Before & after. Before is top of course. Next project

Will be to look at getting a patio done in the back garden approx 18m2 and also a shed. But probably get someone in to the patio so that’ll be after lockdown!

CE90A650-72C2-4328-AD8C-D1D543328332.thumb.jpeg.6d67260203b9802a1f34335fa2a0e7ad.jpeg

Much tidier, if time is an issue and money is not then I can see why you would get someone in, if on the other hand time is not an issue I really would consider doing it your self.

The quality of work I see on a regular basis is getting worse and worse, from so called reputable local companies too.

Bla bla bla....

Now, I don't want to brag but...

It worked ! Boris is home ! :P

No need to thank me, my pleasure. 8-)

Guest Swagman

Bla bla bla....

Now, I don't want to brag but...

It worked ! Boris is home ! :P

No need to thank me, my pleasure. 8-)

Well I hope it helped, so pleased that Boris is recovering nicely gives people a little more hope if they have it.

Much tidier, if time is an issue and money is not then I can see why you would get someone in, if on the other hand time is not an issue I really would consider doing it your self.

The quality of work I see on a regular basis is getting worse and worse, from so called reputable local companies too.

I’m on furlough at the moment, so time is not an issue. Just seems to be quite a large undertaking. I guess I could always try with a shed base first and putting some slabs down for that. That and trying to source everything I need in the current climate seems to be a pain!