cyclists...

Six30

Dr hillary (some TV doctor bloke) was in attendance at what he described as a nasty accident with a bike in London at beginning of week said it involved all of the emergency services, no idea if it was work or exercise/pleasure related he was just wanting everyone that could to stay in and off the roads.

I just been to do my sat shop a day early due to food and beer shortage, and there running straight through the red light, six lycra clad f**k, unless they all live in a gay commune there is no way they are from same household.

Standard formation 2 abreast, up each others rear wheels doing 35ish in a 20, and cyclists wonder why they get a bad rep.

A few years ago my wife was in London with my grandson in a pushchair. She was stepping on to a pedestrian crossing with a green walk signal when some f**k wit on a bike went straight through the red light clipped the front of the pushchair with his pedal and then cursed out my wife. I think if I'd been there he may have required a visit to the A&E. I'd have probably got an interview in the nearest cop shop😠

In principle I have no issues with cyclists, and as a trucker who understands the vulnerability of 2-wheelers I always, always give them plenty of space (especially if it holds up the whitevanman/4x4/wannaberacer that's been tailgating me & twitching left n right for the last mile or two.

However, during the last week or so the numbers if cyclists has been growing exponentially and the majority are over 50's wobbling along at barely more than walking speed. Given that in a truck I need to wait for a good long length of clear road to safely overtake it's starting to pi55 me off a bit. Yesterday between Bristol and Melksham I encountered 37 of them along A and B roads.

Oh, and while I'm in rant mode, why are town roads so busy now? Most places are just as congested as they were 3 or 4 weeks ago.

And while the motorways are largely empty, why were there 5 speed camera vans over the M5 yesterday between Worcester and Bristol?

Makes no sense to me.

Were the camera vans checking speeds or doing number plate recognition to track people doing uncessary journeys.?

I have no idea, and don't really care as I'm limited at 90kph - however, how in hell's name would that be an essential occupation? I totally agree with police patrols - as random or as scheduled as they want to make them, but a civilian sat in a van trying to generate revenue at this time really grates in me

Dr hillary (some TV doctor bloke) was in attendance at what he described as a nasty accident with a bike in London at beginning of week said it involved all of the emergency services, no idea if it was work or exercise/pleasure related he was just wanting everyone that could to stay in and off the roads.

I just been to do my sat shop a day early due to food and beer shortage, and there running straight through the red light, six lycra clad f**k, unless they all live in a gay commune there is no way they are from same household.

Standard formation 2 abreast, up each others rear wheels doing 35ish in a 20, and cyclists wonder why they get a bad rep.

thought they all lived in gay communes... or with their parents.

A local village is getting upset round here...

Screenshot_20200417-081126.thumb.png.cd283a86c16906fa4e63d3978668b3f8.png

Then I can understand, normally round here most drive a mile or 2 and walk there dogs in the New Forest.

The car parks are now all closed, there are now plenty of people packed into local lanes and footpaths.

Frequently during a walk you are greeted by sweaty faced cyclist dinging there bell at last moment and passing inches away. No excuse me or thank you, no time for that.

1136651922_Screenshot_20200417-0817172.thumb.png.31bd64d37086d35b12d6167a8d980534.png

Makes you wonder what some people are thinking...

It also makes you very cautious about walking your dog... Particularly when he is used to running in wild open spaces surrounded by people who like dogs...

Edit to add:.

Those kids sitting on Pennington common:

1327307136_Screenshot_20200417-0836142.png.9417be8d58f33148705dd1304bdc3ffe.png

Seems the locals are ready with pitch forks for everyone....

Edited by onesea

As a potential new sheep farmer any animal that worries my livestock can legally be shot, just because my new flock will be inflatable should not make any difference :lol: :thumb:

As a potential new sheep farmer any animal that worries my livestock can legally be shot, just because my new flock will be inflatable should not make any difference :lol: :thumb:

Something New Forest dogs have to learn at an early age is animals are not playthings...

Animals-on-the-road-in-the-New-Forest.JPG1_.jpg.36ee0f52943502a9d9eb0bda476190aa.jpg

You really don't want to see the local social media reaction if a dog worries an animal, a car hits an animal, any one is caught speeding on forest roads.

Go on - I'll bite. WTF do you want a flock of inflatable sheep for.? Are you opening some kind of kinky brothel for sheep sh@ggers? Do they come complete with wellies or do they have to bring their own? My mind is boggling.

Go on - I'll bite. WTF do you want a flock of inflatable sheep for.? Are you opening some kind of kinky brothel for sheep sh@ggers? Do they come complete with wellies or do they have to bring their own? My mind is boggling.

No fed up with some braindead dog owners that let their animals run loose and crap all over the place :twisted:

Ah so. Where we used to live we got a lot of visitors at the weekend who'd bring their dogs and let them crap all over. Eventually it got so bad that the council started policing it and after a few people were fined the message started to get through. Where I live now despite a lot of local dogs there's very little fouling.😁 Civilization has its benefits.

Ah so. Where we used to live we got a lot of visitors at the weekend who'd bring their dogs and let them crap all over. Eventually it got so bad that the council started policing it and after a few people were fined the message started to get through. Where I live now despite a lot of local dogs there's very little fouling.😁 Civilization has its benefits.

Now though it seems to be getting worse with lockdown, every twat seems to own a dog and let them run free, walking down the path i feel like Fred Astaire doing the bloody Two step :lol:

There's some real twats about. All our family dogs are being kept on a tight leash even when/ where they'd normally be off it. This is to minimise their risk of exposure to the plague as they can carry it too.

your wellies will have to be green :lol:

your wellies will have to be green :lol:

Back when I had a boat someone gave me a pair of yellow wellies. I was utterly shamed and never wore them and when I sold the boat it went with the wellies.

All our family dogs are being kept on a tight leash even when/ where they'd normally be off it. This is to minimise their risk of exposure to the plague as they can carry it too.

Not looking to start an argument, having done some reading in this one.

Dogs can carry the virus, on there coat but it lasts a short period. Leads and collars have an increased risk

The danger from being brushed by a dog are very minimal.

Don't be too rude about those that still walk off lead.

Certainly it we had to exercise our 2 year old on the lead only, he would need tranquillisers.

Over the last few weeks we have brought his exercise down to 1.5 hours a day off lead from 2 hours plus.

He is already becoming problematic at home chewing more barking etc were waiting on complaints from neighbours.

If he don't get better is doggy calms, then tranquillisers...

If that fails.....

We're lucky with the dogs at the moment. Two of them are quite old and as such don't need as much exercise. That said the retriever is terrible on lead. The patterdale is good on the lead and doesn't really like more than a couple of miles these days. The problem is the spaniel. He likes good long walks preferably off lead. He's also a bit psychotic but lives with my son so not my problem.

Guest Richzx6r

All our family dogs are being kept on a tight leash even when/ where they'd normally be off it. This is to minimise their risk of exposure to the plague as they can carry it too.

Not looking to start an argument, having done some reading in this one.

Dogs can carry the virus, on there coat but it lasts a short period. Leads and collars have an increased risk

The danger from being brushed by a dog are very minimal.

Don't be too rude about those that still walk off lead.

Certainly it we had to exercise our 2 year old on the lead only, he would need tranquillisers.

Over the last few weeks we have brought his exercise down to 1.5 hours a day off lead from 2 hours plus.

He is already becoming problematic at home chewing more barking etc were waiting on complaints from neighbours.

If he don't get better is doggy calms, then tranquillisers...

If that fails.....

With us it's just an older cat (12 yes old) and an 8 or so month old "kitten" who we are sure thinks hes a dog....last night me and the wife were watching tv when said kitten/puppy thing can scampering in through the cat flap with a dogs squeezy rubber play ball in his mouth.

Oh and this is a kitten that actively plays fetch and brings back whatever you throw back and drops it at your feet......

Dont talk to me about an animal with psychosis :twisted:

[actively plays fetch and brings back whatever you throw back and drops it at your feet......

I am so jealous.

Yesterday we walked 5 miles to sea wall, there is lake the dog can swim in. Well officially he cannot that's another story, he does.

Which is important after he had been wading/ running in thick mud for past 20 minutes..

1566376348_IMG_20200416_154206_92.thumb.jpg.da0e390d2787dc73eba35748b39828e9.jpg

He had just started at this point.

I launch ball into lake he fetches it the spends 20 minutes playing with it in his leg length water...

Out of our reach, teasing us.

Until lock down we had been trying to train this out of him. Now it's any way we can get him to burn energy...

Sorry back on subject cyclists, that's my next plan try and run the energy out of him.. Problem is he will soon learn me on bike at 35-40 kg he will win at tug of war :shock:

How do i get bike and dog to where I can have him of lead. That comes back to bike trailer...

He's moving to Wales and just wants to fit in.