Famous folk you have met

gymwitch

Famous people you have met.

I chauffeured Cary Tagawa (shang tsung from mortal combat) for a week while he was making a film with my kungfu instructor.

It was a brilliant experience as my boys and i absolutely loved that film and would quote his lines when we were wrestling with each other.

He rang my son up and did the whole shang tsung thing to him...my son was about 18 by then and was squealing on the phone 🤣🤣🤣 what a great guy he was....then he went home and got arrested for assaulting his mrs 😳

When I was a teenager Paul Daniels & Debbie came into the shop I was working at to buy some bits. I wasn't sure it was them until they left and my manager confirmed it.

Apparently I served a really famous footballer too but as I cant stand the game I didn't know who he was and wouldn't of cared either way :lol:

I've met several American Wrestlers over the years, Ric Flair, William Regal, Ken Shamrock, Mick Foley & Roddy Piper.

Roddy Piper was incredible to me as I was a huge fan as a kid and he turned out to be everything I could hope for. You could tell he was genuinely happy to meet his fans and spent time talking personally to anyone who wanted to.

When I was a teenager Paul Daniels & Debbie came into the shop I was working at to buy some bits. I wasn't sure it was them until they left and my manager confirmed it.

Apparently I served a really famous footballer too but as I cant stand the game I didn't know who he was and wouldn't of cared either way :lol:

I've met several American Wrestlers over the years, Ric Flair, William Regal, Ken Shamrock, Mick Foley & Roddy Piper.

Roddy Piper was incredible to me as I was a huge fan as a kid and he turned out to be everything I could hope for. You could tell he was genuinely happy to meet his fans and spent time talking personally to anyone who wanted to.

Isnt it awesome when they are nice to their fans. What a great story too 🙂 so was Ken Shamrock you met the UFC fighter?

Guest Richzx6r

So for me it's been Phil jupitus on bond street, Russel Howard and thandi newton all whilst I was a motorcycle courier in London 8 odd years ago and all I did was deliver stuff the Russels and thandis and bumped in to phil on bond street and my got hes a f*ucking giant I'm sure of it

Way back in the early 80`s I was on a works jolly at Brighton dog track and bumped (Literally) into Frankie Howard and Vera Lynne Bloody hell were they both tall.

I am 6ft and don't look up to many people but I was amazed and back then she was still a very striking woman and had a very nice manner about her.

Oh and my Dad knew Henry Cooper and his in laws quite well when they had a restaurant in Gerrard St.

Cheers

Ian

Sad that he died so young.......but so many of them did.

I saw a pic of Lex Luger recently......he looks really ill!

I met Michael Aspel in 1980 in Harrogate at a business conference - I was a medical rep for Beecham back then.

Very nice guy.......surprised how short he was though. I'm average sort of height at 5'11" but I was towering over him!

He was very quietly spoken and totally unlike you'd expect a celebrity to be......I remember he was still wearing flares in 1980 which I found very odd.

Sat next to an apparently well known actress on a ski lift in Canada. Being oblivious to that kind of thing I didn't realize until I got off and someone commented on it and asked what she was like. As I didn't exchange a word except for "Good morning" I couldn't say and I can't remember who she was anyway. Hopeless case me.

I did some despatching back in the eighties as well and remember taking a press release to Eric Claptons place on Marylebone Road by Park Cresent never met him but you walked down the hallway to the offices and the gold and platinum discs on the wall were jaw dropping.

Secretary was well fit too lol.

Cheers

Ian

I've met a few "celebrities" over the years :thumb:

When I was in The Army, and they put on shows for the troops,

I volunteered to be a "host" So Jim Davidson, Linda Lusardi, Bob Carolgees(+spit),

Brian Connelly and countless others I can't remember now.

Bikers/racers I've met and held conversations with include Barry Sheene and Shakey.

Most random meet was Arthur Neagus (antiques roadshow) at a motorway services

I've not met many famous people (or if I have I didn't know who they were). The only ones that come to mind are:

• Alan Titchmarsh. Pleasant enough, in a bland and granny-friendly sort of way.

• Steve Harley (of Cockney Rebel fame).

• David Attenborough. Met him during 'Life in the Undergrowth' and had some very interesting discussions about entomology. He called me 'My dear old chap". :lol: And I think he fancied my wife...

• Jerry Scheff (bass player for Elvis Presley, The Doors, Bob Dylan, John Denver etc). Met him in Stourbridge of all places, where he was playing a gig with an Elvis tribute act. I turned up early and he was already there, so the two of us spent an hour at the bar chatting about his life. Very nice guy.

So for me it's been Phil jupitus on bond street, Russel Howard and thandi newton all whilst I was a motorcycle courier in London 8 odd years ago and all I did was deliver stuff the Russels and thandis and bumped in to phil on bond street and my got hes a f*ucking giant I'm sure of it

You can blame [mention]fastbob[/mention] and [mention]XTreme[/mention] for this, since they both got me onto Stewart Lee:

:lol: