Dropped my bike :(

Esoteric

:stupid: Completely agree with this assessment.

And as he has a Harley he is very experienced in oil leaks :mrgreen:

Perhaps you would be kind enough to point them out to me .

Hmmm looks a bit suspect there

Polish_20200411_231005474~2.jpg

Oh there it is ! I wondered why my boots were soaked in oil .

• 2 years later...

I also dropped my bike today 1st time 😭 misjudged where I put my foot down and over it went...anyway seemed  like  fuel was leaking out for a bit from some rubber tubes so was wondering if this is because it was on its side for a few minutes until I could find a passerby to help me lift it up? Have moved the bike back and seems to be fuel leak free now 

• Sad 1

The rubber tubes are there to handle overflows from the tank. They run with fuel if you overfill, and they can do the same when the bike goes over. So no worries on that count. I hope the rest of the bike is ok 🤞

• Like 1

@Esoteric I managed to fix a small crack in the engine casing using chemical metal. I just slapped some on the outside over the crack. It slowed the leak down to begin with, and after a year or so, it stopped it completely. 

23 minutes ago, bonio said:

@Esoteric I managed to fix a small crack in the engine casing using chemical metal. I just slapped some on the outside over the crack. It slowed the leak down to begin with, and after a year or so, it stopped it completely. 

Was that once it had lost all of its oil 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, bonio said:

The rubber tubes are there to handle overflows from the tank. They run with fuel if you overfill, and they can do the same when the bike goes over. So no worries on that count. I hope the rest of the bike is ok 🤞

Cheers seemed to be ok today looks like I got away with only needing to adjust the brake lever.was a bit embarrassing as I couldn't lift it up needed help from a kind passed by!

• Like 1