Is solo ride legal excercise?

Valko

So what about a car salesmen who has a car on his forecourt with no MOT then sells it to a key worker who needs to get to work :scratch:

I think some of you have been stuck inside for too long :D

Car dealerships are closed and why would one sell a car without an mot?

know it all strikes again...

a dealer can still sell a car online, and deliver it safely, so if it needs an mot they can go mot it...

Jesus, what the f**k is wrong with you? Did you just start this because you're bored? Get a grip.

I was trying to be helpful, I don't understand why you both decided to get all pedantic and focus on the edge cases, all the information was in the link.

Anyway, stay safe but while you can delete it if you like but if it just comes down to straight insults I'm done.

Cheers

I was trying to be helpful, I don't understand why you both decided to get all pedantic and focus on the edge cases, all the information was in the link.

Anyway, stay safe but while you can delete it if you like but if it just comes down to straight insults I'm done.

Cheers

No one is being pedantic!

As I said its not a clear cut no! and telling someone it is could have a lot of implications on their travel to work! what if its their only form of transport and the work for the NHS! they would have no way to get to work because you said no :?

Cheers

As I said its not a clear cut no! and telling someone it is could have a lot of implications on their travel to work! what if its their only form of transport and the work for the NHS! they would have no way to get to work because you said no :?

In the situation that the guy's bike is his only transport and he'd let the mot expire because he was ill or on holiday and had let it slip and now needs to get back to work, has realised his mot is now invalid and can't read a link then I gave bad advice. Or maybe if anyone has bought a car or bike remotely without an mot which will be their only transport to work I also gave bad advice. I apologise.

Cheers

In the situation that the guy's bike is his only transport and he'd let the mot expire because he was ill or on holiday and had let it slip and now needs to get back to work, has realised his mot is now invalid and can't read a link then I gave bad advice. Or maybe if anyone has bought a car or bike remotely without an mot which will be their only transport to work I also gave bad advice. I apologise.

1097145304_giphy(8).gif.f6e59217c2b831a9f647a224fa0fde65.gif

Cheers

I am not after an apology!

Just merely pointing out that its not clear cut that's all.

I am very lucky that I have to commute to work every day as I am now working 4 full days and 3 half days. (local council)

glorious weather lately.

sometimes I take a 'wrong turn' on the way home and a 25 minute journey takes an hour. silly me eh...

I am very lucky that I have to commute to work every day as I am now working 4 full days and 3 half days. (local council)

glorious weather lately.

sometimes I take a 'wrong turn' on the way home and a 25 minute journey takes an hour. silly me eh...

Yes. Silly you

Still working 6 on 4 off and I have to say it's very strange riding into work on the quiet roads. Those motorists on the roads fit into 2 categories at the moment no middle ground. Either drive perfectly text book 30 in a 30 and God observations etc or drive round like they stole it. Thankfully there isn't much on the road near me most seem to be doing what they can to stop in. Fingers crossed another 2 weeks and we may be at the peak of this virus

Well for the next couple of weeks i will have to do the shopping on the bike, car is nearly running on fumes and only have enough for food till next payday so can't afford to spare any for fuel, life is so demanding sometimes as i will need to make a couple of trips or go every other day :lol: :thumb:

Well for the next couple of weeks i will have to do the shopping on the bike, car is nearly running on fumes and only have enough for food till next payday so can't afford to spare any for fuel, life is so demanding sometimes as i will need to make a couple of trips or go every other day :lol: :thumb:

Once a week is what it's supposed to be

https://www.visordown.com/news/general/welsh-police-urge-bikers-check-tyres-after-incident

https://www.visordown.com/news/general/welsh-police-urge-bikers-check-tyres-after-incident

that will depend on how much i can fit in the panniers, and in the advice is as infrequently as possible and twice a week is my minimum in any case :thumb:

that will depend on how much i can fit in the panniers, and in the advice is as infrequently as possible and twice a week is my minimum in any case :thumb:

Lucky you ( or perhaps not?) I dont even have panniers and I have to shop for 5 in my house and 2 parents to old and vulnerable to do their own. I am shopping every day.|

tragic really...

Feel for you guys. Must be hard for anyone that hasn't got a car than can use at the moment. Stories like yours make me realise how easy I have it right now

Up until now the lockdown hasn't really impacted on our usual daily routines, and apart from having to use the bike now for a fortnight for shopping nothing else has changed :thumb:

Lucky you ( or perhaps not?) I dont even have panniers and I have to shop for 5 in my house and 2 parents to old and vulnerable to do their own. I am shopping every day.|

tragic really...

It will be interesting, my panniers are really for show made from faux leather material, not designed or able to carry any significant weight, i am looking for some hard panniers but i want some nice shaped ones that can be repainted :thumb:

@dern you're missing the point

It's not a clear cut no! People's circumstances need to be taken in to consideration

If the posters mot ran out before the 30th and he uses his bike for work he has to get an mot

A straight no could mean he might think he can't get to work.

If the mot is due after the 30th and you have the confidence that it's fine then wait the 6 months

Which is precisely what I have just done . My MOT ran out last October and as a Key Worker there is the possibility that I might be required to work from another site . Three mile trip up the road , wait outside, pay by card while wearing a mask and observing social distancing .

All i will say is that by going out on bike ... Hope you have a secondary method of getting home .

Mainstream Recovery and roadside assistance are still operating daily as normal however due to distancing measures we can safely recover your motorcycle with our vehicles but riders well ...

Cars we can easily recover with occupants ..

So don't just think of well im not going to fall off ..Think what happens if you breakdown ..

All i will say is that by going out on bike ... Hope you have a secondary method of getting home .

Mainstream Recovery and roadside assistance are still operating daily as normal however due to distancing measures we can safely recover your motorcycle with our vehicles but riders well ...

So don't just think of well im not going to fall off ..Think what happens if you breakdown ..

Taxi's are still operating :shock: :thumb:

Yes but do you know who their last occupant was ? Was it the tired worn out nurse who has just come off a 12hr shift in ICU

What is their cleaning regime between passengers ...

Guest Richzx6r

Yes but do you know who their last occupant was ? Was it the tired worn out nurse who has just come off a 12hr shift in ICU

Probably the same as normal.....drop someone off and pick up the next one

No idea :lol: , but if i broke down between home and the supermarket i would just walk home about 1.5 miles between the two, just count that as my daily exercise :lol: :thumb: