Helmet Mic... recommendations please

Hey all. Although not out at the minute obviously, when we are I want to record my voice in my helmet.

I've tried before recording to my phone using a voice recorder app and a Mic I got off eBay.

All is good until I get above 30mph and all it picks up is road noise and the bike. I even had the mic right near my mouth taped to the helmet.

I'm guessing its more about mic quality? I current only borrow a GoPro so cant rig the mic straight to it

cheers

Riding with friends who lost her sponge of the Mike it became constant wind noise.

I borrowed a sponge from a cafe fettled it with a knife. That worked well, I have also dabbled with buying fur lined gloves from a charity shop and wrapping mic in that also with surprising results...

When the sponge from my intercom mic crumbled somewhere in France I just cut a bit of the shower sponge, cut it to size and fitted with with a bit of a string.

Works so much better than the original that I didn't touch it again :)

Guest Richzx6r

I have a built in bluetooth in my viper flip lid and I lost the foam bit on the mic ages ago but never done anything about it and when I have been out on the bike the sound quality is good up to about 80mph whoever I'm on the phone to says that its crystal clear up to around that speed

I used a bit of sponge scourer, cut to size made a hole glued the sides. was ok up to 30/40 ish. So if that's worked for others then the mic is just cheap shit. I will try a better mic. I did try the Bluetooth pods I've got but there to far from my mouth to be clear when moving.

Working progress.. but have time :)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried a Bluetooth headset with speakers and a mic, looked good, sounded good but not enough room in my helmet for them and my head. No space for comms. so tried to modify it to just have mic and unit for Bluetooth etc. (removed speakers) its now all in the bin.. wouldnt work once messed with lol.

was cheap so not much lost apart from a little pride.

Have a similar problem. Have a drift camera which is fine. Bought the external mike and then found there was no space in the helmet for the mike and me. My helmet is a Schuberth C3 Pro and the gap between my chin and the chinbar is too small for the mike. 😠

Have a similar problem. Have a drift camera which is fine. Bought the external mike and then found there was no space in the helmet for the mike and me. My helmet is a Schuberth C3 Pro and the gap between my chin and the chinbar is too small for the mike. 😠

Mine is just the sides, really hurt getting the helmet off.. loads of space between chin and lid in mine but its a £90 ixs.. which i only got as a temp but still have it lol.. do need a better one so will get one with comms space this time.. learn as I go.

Cant you get a flat style Mic?