what have you been up to today non bikes

skyrider

right seeing as my bike is laid up and several other peoples out there new topics, so today as it was fairly warm and sunny this morning i got the brush out and painted the little garden shed the side gate and surround, and now it is starting to get windy and grey looking im just glad the shed and fence stuff i used is fast drying so it should be ok :)

Gardening!!

For the last few days I have been working on the front garden. We had some crappy prickly bushes that I have removed as I hated them and removed all the gravel/stones off the front too as they looked crap. Dug it all over which was a right pain in the arse and planted some laurel hedging as its nicer!

The soil is taking a lot of levelling but I will get there and get some grass seed down to bring a bit of green to it!

Similar lol

Before and after pics of the back of my pond.

Removed large triffid to make a safe pond for frog and toad breeding now the fish are larger. 20191020_104310.thumb.jpg.d82a06babbec1a2f8d968f89ce1edfd2.jpg20200411_120917.thumb.jpg.d96ae003d2c2ae685ab199c38f743758.jpg

Knackered now.

Cheers

Ian

Gardening!!

For the last few days I have been working on the front garden. We had some crappy prickly bushes that I have removed as I hated them and removed all the gravel/stones off the front too as they looked crap. Dug it all over which was a right pain in the arse and planted some laurel hedging as its nicer!

The soil is taking a lot of levelling but I will get there and get some grass seed down to bring a bit of green to it!

that should look good in the summer :thumb:

Gardening here too recently. I'm absolutely fecked :lol:

My lovely wife was nice enough to take a photo while I was hard at work :roll:

20200410_170307.jpg.bea53231816ab0165e7d89df778fbfe6.jpg

The stone border you can see wa completely overgrown with grass and weeds to the point you could barely make out the stones :shock:

Like a lazy tw@t I didn't touch it at all last year so that hasn't helped, I've promised myself to do it more often from now on!

What does annoy me is the large overgrowth you can see at the back isn't mine its the neighbours. They haven't touched that hedge at all that I've seen since we have lived here (+5 years)

Guest Richzx6r

The whole weekend has consisted of detailing both our cars.....and they aren't finished as I need to get a clay bar kit as the paint still looks and feels dull

Had a couple of client queries to deal with.......which is odd for a Sunday!

Oh......and the wife made me mop the stairs and hallway! :(

All floors are tiled here.....no carpets in Spanish houses!

what is clay bar Rich :?:

It's like a bar of putty. You take off a piece and with some soapy water rub it over the paintwork. It is really good at getting road tar spots off and brightens up the finish.

you dont own a hoover then :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

As [mention]Tiggie[/mention] says it's a bar of clay putty which has a slight abrasive texture to it and it gets the impurities off the paintwork, I tried t-cut and it did naff all even with my machine polisher so I need to go down the more labour intensive route and clay bar then try t-cut and a decent polish

you dont own a hoover then :lol:

Yeh....but a cylinder one for furniture. Not a conventional one!

Guest Richzx6r

Perform a search for Farecla cutting compounds there are a couple of different grades. You obviously need something a bit more aggressive than T Cut.

Yea it most certainly does, the rear quarter panel on the drivers side of the jag looks like it's been repainted and straight lacquered and badly at that its horrible, I'll grab a pic of it tomorrow with a corresponding pic of the n/s rear quarter panel for comparison but I don't like it

Today I done gone and added yet another fan to the computer, when I first built it I was really impressed with how quiet it was but with overclocks, CPU and GPU processing and the warmer weather it now does a great job of impersonating a plane taking off.

The water cooling setup is calling me..

Done a little bit of gardening (we can't get rid of the rubbish or burn it atm)

lots of guitar learning

and lots of watching people doing gigs from home which usually involves cider! :lol: :cheers:

The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright - Lesson …:

Try that, came up on my Google list of things I might be interested in, funny as I don't play guitar

Guest Richzx6r

20200413_134456.thumb.jpg.a6bda06dba1fa195ff8e2b94921ec22b.jpg

Right side

so this is the duller I think bodge respray side though you cant really see how shite it looks in the pic it does it alot more justice than its should

20200413_134504.thumb.jpg.c50f31668994ba12c090a02437d7bc2e.jpg

And this is of the left side, you can tell its abit brighter than the right side but its alot better than the other side when you look at it in real

This is why I think it either needs repainting or some serious work on it to try give it some shine

20200413_125124.jpg

Cleaned up and now working I thought it was a nice retro touch.

Cheers

Ian

Some sort of insemination tool? :scratch:

Bend over then!!

Oil can as I am sure you know full well lol.

Cheers Ian

20200413_143337.thumb.jpg.24e4ba63429947475ca79312310a6391.jpg

Built shelf above toolbox out of scrap stuff hanging around gets multitool. Circular saw. Grinder. Jigsaw. Palm sander and some bits out from under my feet lol.

I need to go back to work tomorrow for a rest 8-)

Cheers Ian