Famous folk you have met

gymwitch

Guest Richzx6r

@Richzx6r Thats cool !! Do you follow Beans on Toast on youtube? Im not sure whether he was a courier or not, i think he was.

Never heard of beans of toast but I'll have a ganders

All very briefly when they crashed or broke down:-

Leon Haslem, Chaz Davies, Valentino Rossi, Marco Melandri, Cal Crutchlow, Daniello Petrucchi, Tito Rabat, Johann Zarco, Jonas Folger, Dan Linfoot, Lori's Baz, the Lowes Twins, Luke Mossey, Brad Ray, and a load more I don't recall by name.

Standout riders:-

Julie Cluzel, Sylvan Guintoli, John Hopkins- true gentleman

Jenny Tinmouth - lovely, friendly a joy to chat with

Josh Brooke's - after a crappy weekend, posed with his race bike for pics with a friend's kid, and chatted - very nice down to earth bloke

Mason Law - I have a photo somewhere of Mason 8ft up a tree at brands hatch trying to wrestle his bike out from where it landed.

Steve Brogan - he still owes me a pint from snetterton 2012/2013 - typical scousser, scrounges a beer then retires from racing, lol

Away from bikes & racing:-

Jeremy Clarkson - arrogant twat

Kevin Bloody Wilson - a bit strange

Vic Reeves - very quiet, complete opposite of his TV character

Jools Holland - very grumpy and rude

Lilly Savage - very chilled out, friendly guy

Jeff Beck - awesome guy, I delivered some stuff to his his/ animal sanctuary and chatted for quite a while before I realised who he was. Lovely guy.

Famous is a relative term, most folks won't have heard of the majority of my list. Most of the "famous" people I've met are pretty ordinary (in a good way) and like other ordinary people some are outstandingly nice while others are outstandingly awful.

Waiting on the same railway platform as Geoffrey Boycott after a match he was commentating on. What a great bloke and very easy to talk to. He didn't mind in the least being amongst the peasants and having a yarn.

An old boss of mine said same thing after meeting him in Turkey :roll:

He was just downing bottles of wine and had the reddest alcoholic nose you could believe apparently :lol:

All very briefly when they crashed or broke down:-

Leon Haslem, Chaz Davies, Valentino Rossi, Marco Melandri, Cal Crutchlow, Daniello Petrucchi, Tito Rabat, Johann Zarco, Jonas Folger, Dan Linfoot, Lori's Baz, the Lowes Twins, Luke Mossey, Brad Ray, and a load more I don't recall by name.

Standout riders:-

Julie Cluzel, Sylvan Guintoli, John Hopkins- true gentleman

Jenny Tinmouth - lovely, friendly a joy to chat with

Josh Brooke's - after a crappy weekend, posed with his race bike for pics with a friend's kid, and chatted - very nice down to earth bloke

Mason Law - I have a photo somewhere of Mason 8ft up a tree at brands hatch trying to wrestle his bike out from where it landed.

Steve Brogan - he still owes me a pint from snetterton 2012/2013 - typical scousser, scrounges a beer then retires from racing, lol

Away from bikes & racing:-

Kevin Bloody Wilson - a bit strange

Vic Reeves - very quiet, complete opposite of his TV character

Jools Holland - very grumpy and rude

Lilly Savage - very chilled out, friendly guy

Jeff Beck - awesome guy, I delivered some stuff to his his/ animal sanctuary and chatted for quite a while before I realised who he was. Lovely guy.

Famous is a relative term, most folks won't have heard of the majority of my list. Most of the "famous" people I've met are pretty ordinary (in a good way) and like other ordinary people some are outstandingly nice while others are outstandingly awful.

Fantastic list and I presume you have done a fair bit of marshalling then?

I can believe the Clarkson comment and a friend of mine knows Vic Reeves well and says exactly the same.

I would love to meet Guinters as I really admire his style.

Cheers

Ian

Lots of people in motor racing world;

Nigel Mansell

Ayrton Senna

Alain Prost

Damon Hill

Mika Hakkinen

Michael Andretti

JJ Lehto

Roberto Moreno

Colin McCrae

And many other drivers.

Murray Walker .He wished me happy birthday at Johannesburg airport

Bernie Ecclestone. Tried to kick me off the grid at Interlagos until he realised I was working.

Many years ago at a company do one of the contractors, I knew well, at our table bought a guest. Had a good evening chatting to Quentin Wilson. He certainly wasn’t arrogant, though he definitely didn’t like Vauxhall cars then. :lol:

My list of actually met, rather than just saw in the street is tiny and consists of Enoch Powell, the controversial MP, Peter Crouch the footballer and Paolo Nutini, the singer/songwriter. All were very nice.

Edited by Throttled

Lets see...

F1 world (When I was a track marshal):

Bernie Ecclestone (the weasel)

Jean Alesi

Nigel Mansel

Pedro Lamy

Micheal Shumacher

Frank Williams

Show biz:

A tv presenter from Portugal

Victor de Souza (Portuguese comedian and actor)

Sir Billy Connely

8-)

A few more but modesty prevents me from bragging about it :P

I was a delivery driver in the 80/90's and at one time my patch was the Cotswolds, what I found out was that a lot of famous people live there.

I delivered to Willie Carson, Jimmy Hill, George Melly, John Entwistle, Peter Gabriel and Steve Winwood amongst others.

Peter Gabriel was a nice guy, he invited me into his house and made me a cup of tea after I'd trudged through the snow to deliver his package. I've also been in Steve Winwood's recording studio at his house while he was doing some stuff with Jim Capaldi, Winwood was a very pleasant guy but Capaldi was very quiet.

Seeing Billy Connolly's name reminds me that I met him in February 1987 in Dubai. He was eating at the next table and my Captain's wife got his autograph. We all had tickets for his gig and it was brilliant. He didn't tone it down at all which given it was in Dubai was a calculated risk on his part.