Are after-market handlebars safe?

potatobroxd

So my handlebars are bent because of a hit and run. Genuine honda handlebars would cost me 60 quid but i can cop an aftermarket for around £20.

Has anyone used non-genuine handlebars before and was it okay? (Aka did it snap when you hit a pothole :shock:)

Thanks!

Edited by potatobroxd

How badly are they bent? if bad then ignore me but if its just a little you can get a scaffold pole and bend it back into shape :)

Actually not that badly bent, can you actually bend handlehars back without snapping?

Mine were about an inch higher on one side (probably happened when it got stolen) never even noticed until it was time for mot. My mechanic told me to do it and I trusted him enough :lol:

I'd say as long as they aren't too far out of whack you will be absolutely fine to bend them back

What kind of aftermarket bars have you found for £20? Presumably not Renthals?

Bob's best one time offer for unbreakable bars?

Made in China and guaranteed Covid 19 free. Also proofed against rust for at least 14 days.

No i found them on ebay, Renthals are even more expensive than OEM :lol:

Well you've obviously got your doubts . What are you planning on doing with these bars , stunt work ?

Well you've obviously got your doubts . What are you planning on doing with these bars , stunt work ?

Its a small bike thats used for commuting, nothing crazy. Although i think ill just go buy the oem ones just to steer clear of any doubts

Its a small bike thats used for commuting, nothing crazy. Although i think ill just go buy the oem ones just to steer clear of any doubts

I've just remembered . One difference between cheap handlebars and Renthals is that Renthals are anodised and some cheap ones are painted with a translucent paint to give the illusion of being anodised .