Well I never!

fastbob

Just watching Grand Tour of Scottish Locks on TV and I have learned that one of my favourite beaches at Durness was where John Lennon used to spend his childhood holidays . Apparently he went back there in the late 60s with Yoko and the kids but managed to crash his Austin Maxi a few miles down the road . Strange but true .

Polish_20200329_103228711.thumb.png.d4926eca666e2f48075cca5f362750df.png

Edited by fastbob

Guest Richzx6r

Excellent bit of trivia !

I wonder if it will ever come up in a pub quiz? (Remember pubs? :crybaby: :cheers: )

Thank you for posting this.

Cheers

Ian

:scratch: nah mate never heard of a pub, what's it for?

I wonder if it will ever come up in a pub quiz? (Remember pubs? :crybaby: :cheers: )

Cheers

Ian

If you need to ask you wouldn't understand the answer !

Just imagine a utopian place where men could gather and moan about their jobs and wives and receive a sympathetic response and at the same time enjoy beer without looking over your shoulder when requesting a refill (which could on occasion be bought to you by a smiling woman).

f**k it I am obviously dreaming again !

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

Cheers

Ian

If you need to ask you wouldn't understand the answer !

Just imagine a utopian place where men could gather and moan about their jobs and wives and receive a sympathetic response and at the same time enjoy beer without looking over your shoulder when requesting a refill (which could on occasion be bought to you by a smiling woman).

f**k it I am obviously dreaming again !

Cheers

Ian

:scratch: nah that kind of place doesn't sound like it could ever have existed :roll:

Definitely sounds like you're brain is fading through lockdown :cheers:

What ?

John Lennon or the Maxi?

I have some bad news for you!

Pubs ? Bloody better happen again !

If not we could all turn into #Rennie drinking cider at home and voluntarily doing online karaoke with relatives !

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

What ?

John Lennon or the Maxi?

If not we could all turn into #Rennie drinking cider at home and voluntarily doing online karaoke with relatives !

Cheers

Ian

Nooo bring back the pub...I believe you :cheers:

Strange how his shooting was labelled the random act of a madman with a gun!

Same as the attempt on George's life in the 90's was labelled the random act of a madman with a knife!

Doesn't it strike you as a bit odd? In fact it could be interpreted that somebody may have wanted them silenced.

If that's the case then who could that somebody be? And what was it that they knew?

Just watching Grand Tour of Scottish Locks on TV and I have learned that one of my favourite beaches at Durness was where John Lennon used to spend his childhood holidays . Apparently he went back there in the late 60s with Yoko and the kids but managed to crash his Austin Maxi a few miles down the road . Strange but true .

I saw that as well. :thumb:

Strange how his shooting was labelled the random act of a madman with a gun!

Same as the attempt on George's life in the 90's was labelled the random act of a madman with a knife!

Doesn't it strike you as a bit odd? In fact it could be interpreted that somebody may have wanted them silenced.

If that's the case then who could that somebody be? And what was it that they knew?

Never liked Lennon. The man was so stoned and up his own arse that I can't imagine anyone feeling the need to off him because of something he knew.

My "well i never" is the road on which my dealership stands is the same road that the original Brough workshop stood.. and so every time i go there i think about how many times this man must have ridden up and down it (with a massive grin on his face)

George-Brough-and-Lawrence-of-Arabia.jpg.0bb590b5f08d784c7a9093834b810a07.jpg

and how wonderful is this...

533762895_ScreenShot2020-04-16at21_47_25.png.e3757a5336e4cac425f1a8950d776dc5.png

202010558_ScreenShot2020-04-16at21_53_25.thumb.png.3d6b107a24fc0f747e82bf826a2c11b5.png

My "well i never" is the road on which my dealership stands is the same road that the original Brough workshop stood.. and so every time i go there i think about how many times this man must have ridden up and down it (with a massive grin on his face)

George-Brough-and-Lawrence-of-Arabia.jpg

and how wonderful is this...

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 21.47.25.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 21.53.25.png

Haydn Road?

Cheers

Ian

What ?

John Lennon or the Maxi?

Cheers

Ian

Well if that's life from now on all I can say is bring on the cider and come on eileen

What ?

John Lennon or the Maxi?

Cheers

Ian

Well if that's life from now on all I can say is bring on the cider and come on eileen

That's disgusting but if you and Eileen are up for it why not !

I think Rich and I will be trying to break into a pub lol.

Cheers

Ian

What is less known about T E Lawrence , or Aircraftsman Shaw as he preferred to be known , was that in the 17 years between his desert exploits and his fatal motorcycle crash he played a major part in the development of the RAF fast rescue boats . https://www.submerged.co.uk/lawrence-of-arabia-at-r-a-f-mountbatten-plymouth/

What is less known about T E Lawrence , or Aircraftsman Shaw as he preferred to be known , was that in the 17 years between his desert exploits and his fatal motorcycle crash he played a major part in the development of the RAF fast rescue boats . https://www.submerged.co.uk/lawrence-of-arabia-at-r-a-f-mountbatten-plymouth/

What is even less known about T E Lawrence is the fact that he was Welsh!

Oh Come on we can all cope with the knowledge he was a deeply troubled homosexual dealing with his personal issues whilst being a genuine inspirational person and a hero .

But please don't tell people he was Welsh!

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

Ahh put me right off his work now :lol: