Corona virus projects

Bender

@Ian Frog I was told by somebody who was very clever about these sort of things that its perfectly safe to put parts in the dishwasher as the chemicals in the tablets/powder are strong enough to dissolve any oils or grease etc :thumb:

Never put anything aluminum in though. It gets a bad reaction and for want of a better word, 'sweats' a black inky substance which takes ages to scrub away. Guess what my wifes paddles on her electric mixer are made out of :roll:

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 19.54.05.png

At least you learnt that with stuff for her !

The reaction when it`s Z900 crank cases wasn't as sympathetic a response trust me !

Cheers

Ian

[mention]Ian Frog[/mention] ouch :shock:

I learnt about it at work, (fish shop) all the chip scoops are aluminum and the punishment for putting them in dishwasher at end of night is severe!!

@Ian Frog ouch :shock:

I learnt about it at work, (fish shop) all the chip scoops are aluminum and the punishment for putting them in dishwasher at end of night is severe!!

Hang on you learnt it at work and still went on to fook up at home !

You are either very brave or stoopid lol.

I am lucky I was able to liberate a reportedly malfunctioning dishwasher from the show house at work to get out of the doghouse so how did you survive?

Cheers

Ian

I speak as a man who has been caught using the dishwasher (Not the parlour maid lol) on more than one occasion.

Child's play, back when she was not my X wife. My daughter's mum was surprised when I offered to push the pram to get baby to sleep...

When she came to visit me working on the boat.

Till she realised I was using pram wheels to dee rust some chain by repeatedly pushing her over it...

It was surprisingly efficient.

I speak as a man who has been caught using the dishwasher (Not the parlour maid lol) on more than one occasion.

Child's play, back when she was not my X wife. My daughter's mum was surprised when I offered to push the pram to get baby to sleep...

Till she realised I was using pram wheels to dee rust some chain by repeatedly pushing her over it...

That's brilliant !

We are just devious fookers lol.

Cheers

Ian

There are different grades of aluminium it doesn't all go like that, best way to find out is try it :D

LMFAO you are obviously single or have a dishwasher of your own in the garage !

Half the youngsters on here will be homeless by the time they have done the necessary research !

Mind you it could be funny to watch.

Cheers

Ian

That's brilliant !

We are just devious fookers lol.

Cheers

Ian

Teaching one's offspring the value of creative thinking and problem solving is sadly in great decline today, parents used to be so hands on with teaching their children the value of hard work, not so much now though, hat's off to you sir :salute: :thumb:

There are different grades of aluminium it doesn't all go like that, best way to find out is try it :D

Half the youngsters on here will be homeless by the time they have done the necessary research !

Cheers

Ian

I have a wonderful wife who just leaves me to it, I had only been with her a month when I thought hmm dishwasher ohh stripped v6 engine 😂

I had never had one before, you need to coat things with oil quick though as surface rust appears very quick.

It works like this, I can pretty much do what I want if I break it I replace it.

Cheers

Ian

I have a wonderful wife who just leaves me to it, I had only been with her a month when I thought hmm dishwasher ohh stripped v6 engine 😂

I had never had one before, you need to coat things with oil quick though as surface rust appears very quick.

It works like this, I can pretty much do what I want if I break it I replace it.

Seems like a fair system of local government !

Well done you.

Cheers

Ian

My Corona project for today was: re positioning my shift pedal.

Though it is not a complicated thing to do, for BMW F650 Funduro owners it involves a bit of grinding...

Nice ! :D

When shifting gear on my '99 Funduro, I needed to lift my whole leg, instead of just moving my toes up.

The shifter lever (or is is shift pedal, I'm not sure) appeared to be too high to just turn my foot when shifing gear.

Sometimes it got so uncomfortable that I got a cramp in my hip. :?

Older - and not so flexible - people have that sometimes... :roll:

Anyway, I tried to adjust the shifter to one position lower, but I found a metal 'ring' in the way when trying to shift down... :shock:

It looked to me like a kind of protection for the attachment of the side stand.

So I left it and tried to get used to this little discomfort...

But the other day I heard someone say that this 'ring' was merely to secure the bike to a fence or lamp post or so, by means of a cable + lock.

He had removed the ring altogether since it was no use to him at all.

So I took my angle grinder and got to work.

After removing the 'ring' I lowered the shifter 1 position.

And it was perfect !

Shifting up and down without taking my foot off the footpeg at all...

Such a delight...

From now on I'll surely enjoy my Funduro rides even more!

Me happy ! 8-)

758936109_F650-shifter(1).jpg.74a9c379d5d45ea0ecf80969822af8e8.jpg

438041471_F650-shifter(3).jpg.09944f5da2f72825e23c3f64b15d5546.jpg

474407813_F650-shifter(4).jpg.0436df4f06de877990f8882640fb47b3.jpg

1803095991_F650-shifter(6).jpg.27ba23f73c33ba254c931066b80ff73e.jpg

1223195737_F650-shifter(8).jpg.79664f7583461cb864becb8d2714a387.jpg

535911582_F650-shifter(9).jpg.0d691da1c5f09fa29295fc096390b0c2.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

My Corona project for today was: re positioning my shift pedal.

Though it is not a complicated thing to do, for BMW F650 Funduro owners it involves a bit of grinding...

Nice ! :D

When shifting gear on my '99 Funduro, I needed to lift my whole leg, instead of just moving my toes up.

The shifter lever (or is is shift pedal, I'm not sure) appeared to be too high to just turn my foot when shifing gear.

Sometimes it got so uncomfortable that I got a cramp in my hip. :?

Older - and not so flexible - people have that sometimes... :roll:

Anyway, I tried to adjust the shifter to one position lower, but I found a metal 'ring' in the way when trying to shift down... :shock:

It looked to me like a kind of protection for the attachment of the side stand.

So I left it and tried to get used to this little discomfort...

But the other day I heard someone say that this 'ring' was merely to secure the bike to a fence or lamp post or so, by means of a cable + lock.

He had removed the ring altogether since it was no use to him at all.

So I took my angle grinder and got to work.

After removing the 'ring' I lowered the shifter 1 position.

And it was perfect !

Shifting up and down without taking my foot off the footpeg at all...

Such a delight...

From now on I'll surely enjoy my Funduro rides even more!

Me happy ! 8-)

F650-shifter (1).jpg

F650-shifter (3).jpg

F650-shifter (4).jpg

F650-shifter (6).jpg

F650-shifter (8).jpg

F650-shifter (9).jpg

Older/not so flexible.....well I get cramping in my left hip quite alot riding the ninja and I'm only 34

I can confirm an aluminium clutch basket doesn't :D

I can confirm cylinder heads from a vg30dett are fine

Maybe we need to create a list :lol:

OH was clearing out all the cr@p under the stairs and found a bag with all of our old mobiles.

The Nokia, bottom left was my first mobile and not used it for 10yrs or so.

Found the charger and it switched on straight away.

The phone was bullet proof, dropped it loads of times and still worked fine.

832975232_2020-04-1711_57.11_copy_1460x1095.thumb.jpg.b0fc1bccae86238dd68e6c8a0b27241c.jpg

I had that sony one second from bottom right!! I miss how phones used to all look different. There was flip-phones, sliders, clamshells, ones that rotate, bricks etc :lol:

Well, with another 3 weeks lockdown and fairings spraying almost done.

I'm now awaiting for the upgrade lighting to arrive so I can assemble everything together.

Now I decided to make a leather custom cover for the tank 8-)

All my LiPo batteries set to storage voltage and the hull and deck of my RAF crash / fire tender painted. Scale transfers applied. Just need to find some not too expensive fire monitors to finish it. Original fire monitors broken years ago.

77DC777D-5109-4C8C-B969-8FE40E0D3682.thumb.jpeg.8dff5850ab7bd8a38569b85d6b3dd54c.jpeg

51AF04F2-08EF-4243-9EE7-F6030CB24354.thumb.jpeg.d6163c8fed631764ed957ebc62c34bd7.jpeg

1D4554E9-D36B-4DDD-9E34-2568A2069866.thumb.jpeg.db1cd2b13ae248cb9e59bc77864189ed.jpeg