Well I never!

fastbob

North Welsh at that, Tremadoc I think in what used to be Merioneth. Gwynedd now?

Yeh.....they reorganised all the counties......back in 74 I think it was.

Swansea used to be in Glamorgan.......then it was in West Glamorgan.....despite it not moving any further west. Don't ask!

Believe it or not, When I went to my west coast tour a few years ago Durness was the only place in the entire UK (not including NI) that I had a good espresso :)

Tried to do it again 2 years ago but midges wanted to eat me alive and I gave up at Ullapool.

Can't live with midges and the wife always complaining.

too much buzzing around me...

Believe it or not, When I went to my west coast tour a few years ago Durness was the only place in the entire UK (not including NI) that I had a good espresso :)

Tried to do it again 2 years ago but midges wanted to eat me alive and I gave up at Ullapool.

Ullapool that's nearly midge free zone.

Don't think there is a midge free area in Scotland anymore...

Not as bad as this but. :shock:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-39898684

Like hell is it ! You probably went there when the conditions were not favourable to the evil little bast*rds but I can assure you that when the wind drops in the evening you don't want to get caught outside .

Exactly.

Odd enough is that when I went the first time I had a brilliant time. Even went soaking my feet at Durness beach.

And I must say, that part of Scotland is stunning.

Ullapool is a veritable haven, its one of the best places, the problem stems from softies idea of midges and the reality of what bad places are like

Glenmore forest and aviemore is another relatively midge free area.

I have been at every time of the year before you all start with your must have been the weather 😂

I was once fishing at a remote hill loch when the wind dropped in the evening. Within minutes the air was literally full of the evil little bast*rds. We got driven off the water and had to take refuge in our tents. Nearly gassed ourselves using midge killer to kill the ones that got inside. Fortunately tents were pretty midge proof but they're a real downer on activities.

Ullapool is a veritable haven, its one of the best places, the problem stems from softies idea of midges and the reality of what bad places are like

Glenmore forest and aviemore is another relatively midge free area.

I have been at every time of the year before you all start with your must have been the weather 😂

Your shiny metal ass is probably midge resistant. For us lesser mortals of mere flesh and blood we ain't.

Never mind Scotland , they can get pretty bad in the Lake District and Wales as well . And , yes , I am talking about the same type of Midges .

Now in England or Wales the midges generally don't bother me and as I spent a lot of time fishing / hill walking I certainly met them. My wife on the other hand is as susceptible to the non-Scottish variety as to the Scots ones. They all bring her out in hives. She also got bit by Norwegian, Faroese and Icelandic ones. Consequently in midge infested areas she is the one with not a single spot of skin exposed. Looks like an extra out of Star Wars.

Was staying on the west coast of Scotland at Kilcreggan, BSB was on at Knockhill so booked a B&B on a farm near Sterling so we could get there early on the Sunday.

It was really sunny so I sat in my shorts on the lawn having a beer & reading the paper, Missus Mickly being allergic to the sun, sat in the shade on the patio.

She then commented how strange the low level mist on the lawn looked....... I Looked up from my paper & f*cking legged it, left beer and everything behind ... too late the b*stard midges had already had a good munch !!

Least the sunburn I got the next day took my mind off the itching a bit 😬

Strange how his shooting was labelled the random act of a madman with a gun!

Same as the attempt on George's life in the 90's was labelled the random act of a madman with a knife!

Doesn't it strike you as a bit odd? In fact it could be interpreted that somebody may have wanted them silenced.

If that's the case then who could that somebody be? And what was it that they knew?

watch a Film on Netflix called … 13 Sins... that will explain assassinations over the years :thumb: