The past

Ian Frog

Railway.thumb.jpg.d0f8e822d35040d4239a8fe52c44940d.jpg

I have been having a good chat in private with #Richzx6r and I thought I would share a pic he kindly found for me of my old local back in about 82 lol.

My bike is the blue and silver Ducati 900 2nd from right hand end.

I am proud to say I still own and can still wear the jacket I had on that day.

Nice to see a pub with so many varied bikes and no car park.

Lots of stories from that place I assure you !

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

Railway.jpg

I have been having a good chat in private with #Richzx6r and I thought I would share a pic he kindly found for me of my old local back in about 82 lol.

Cheers

Ian

Aye it's been a good trip down memory lane eh, that's the only pic I have been able to find though I have only been looking on pinterest so far

Guest Richzx6r

2 bikes to the left of your mates cd175 is that a bsa goldstar? The one with the blue front mudguard

Edited by Richzx6r

The only problem I see is the pub was Ind Coope. They brewed the most disgusting beer known to man. It's the only pint I've ever not been able to finish. Fed it to some tulips in a pub beer garden.

Yeah Lets get the age gags out of the way now !

I am happy to say that the Ind Coope was shit so we drank Friary Meuex which wasn't much better lol.

That pub was great fun with some serious 1%ers and some great musos like Kirsty Mcall and Algy Ward counted amongst regulars.

Bunch of looneys but greatly missed.

Cheers

Ian

Railway.jpg

Cheers

Ian

is the pub still there ?

Railway.jpg

Cheers

Ian

is the pub still there ?

I am afraid not it was demolished in the 90`s to make an office block which sat empty for ages.

We always said we wanted to nick the copper of the dome and it turned out that under the horrible carpet in that bar was a beautiful marble dance floor which we never knew about.

Cheers

Ian

The only problem I see is the pub was Ind Coope. They brewed the most disgusting beer known to man. It's the only pint I've ever not been able to finish. Fed it to some tulips in a pub beer garden.

well a pub near us used to sell greenalls larger and another pub sold tuborg both vile stuff :puke:

For another vile and disgusting beer - Lorimer's Scotch Ale by Vaux of Sunderland.

Most of their pub beers were pretty horrible but funnily enough if you went to their pub in Sunderland which was attached to the brewery you could get really good special beers. Apparently they were made by apprentice brewers; sadly once they qualified they went on to make swill.

well a pub near us used to sell greenalls larger and another pub sold tuborg both vile stuff :puke:

Well if you do drink lager what do you expect.? Swan lager from Australia is.my favourite hate in lager terms.