Blame It On Coronavirus

ThePhatomfart

Some of these excuses for bad Customer Care are getting more outlandish, sent my daughter a brand new Laptop via Parcel Force Next morning delivery (£17.60), she didnt get it on Thursday , so phone Parcel Force they said it was picked up and waiting for delivery, Friday phoned again ,they said they havent got it , but the tracking showed it at the collection depot, while I was on the phone to him he got an operative to search the Depot , they found it along with a whole consignment that hadn't been booked in, but he will make sure that its despatched pronto, this morning (Saturday) checked the tracking , sure enough it was at delivery depot, again it didnt get delivered, so I phoned up again, he said it was down to the Coronavirus, I disagreed and told him it was down to stupidity, for losing it in the first place, so now looking at Monday.

Anyone else had the same sort of crap and it being blamed on Coronavirus, could be a let off for murder, just blame it on Coronavirus.

By the way dont use Parcel Force their Liars.

Too true. Been tracking a new exhaust from Italy. First it went to Milan then to Vienna, Austria before going to somewhere in France then back to Vienna before finally getting to Deptford. Just needs to get to me probably via Reykjavik and Stornoway. To be fair with the decimation of international trade routes it's doing alright. I've got another 7 orders for various bits and bobs somewhere in the system. I hope to get them this year.

Really hate this plague though.😠

Ordered a battery online from Skyrich on Wednesday eve.

Then thought I’d phone to make sure they were operating ( which they were) turned up today 👍

DPD delivery

It's got f'all to do with the virus, it's just highlighting their incompetence even more as most will be on skeleton staff, and the ones that are still working will be the stupid ones :lol: :thumb:

It's got f'all to with the virus, it's just highlighting their incompetence even more as most will be on skeleton staff, and the ones that are still working will be the stupid ones :lol: :thumb:

In the dictionary of employment stupid normally comes up as cheap !

Cheers

Ian

I disagree, you have no Idea what effect the current situation is having on staff and the ability for even shit companies to maintain the crap standards they try woefully to attain.

Currently most delivery firms are running at Xmas time levels, every fooker is sat bored ridged at home ordering anything in sight, delivery drivers are unlikely to be immune to the virus, some will have no doubt gone into isolation.

France has told amazon emergency supplies only, get a fooking grip its only a delivery, people are dying, some are stuck in high rise council blocks with kids and no garden, old folk have been told to lock them selves up for 12weeks.

I ordered a toolbox it came a day late, the delay was down to dpd, who I detest, chances are it would have been a day late without covid, its not the end of the world.

I disagree, you have no Idea what effect the current situation is having on staff and the ability for even shit companies to maintain the crap standards they try woefully to attain.

Currently most delivery firms are running at Xmas time levels, every fooker is sat bored ridged at home ordering anything in sight, delivery drivers are unlikely to be immune to the virus, some will have no doubt gone into isolation.

France has told amazon emergency supplies only, get a fooking grip its only a delivery, people are dying, some are stuck in high rise council blocks with kids and no garden, old folk have been told to lock them selves up for 12weeks.

I ordered a toolbox it came a day late, the delay was down to dpd, who I detest, chances are it would have been a day late without covid, its not the end of the world.

I totally agree with your point !

However it seems that the companies concerned are manning there distribution centres and warehouses with the "cheaper" option.

I am sure they are usually crap anyway but now they can be crap with less people and minimise their losses.

Cheers

Ian

I ordered three things from Toolstation for work last week, all of which were showing on the website as being in plentiful supply in my local branch. When I turned up to collect, they hadn't got any of them. They said it was due to coronavirus, at which point I asked if they thought it had mutated into a computer virus and infected their stock control system. As I tried to explain, regardless of what global health crisis is unfolding around us, an item is either in the store or it isn't - that's the whole f*cking point of a stock control system: at any time you know what you've got and where it is. I may have come across as being rather more annoyed about it than I actually was, as I had to yell at them from half way across the car park due to their social distancing precautions.

But most people will blithely accept any old bollocks as long as it's dressed up as 'security' or some other such nonsense. I boarded a plane in Holland a couple of days after 9/11, and the cabin crew announced that 'as a security precaution' they would not be serving any hot drinks or any snacks on the flight. As I said to the humourless trolley dolly who tottered past with the fruit juice, if there were any Al-Qaeda operatives on board planning to hijack the plane with a plastic cup of lukewarm tea and a Twix they must have been very miffed.

Toolstation and screwfix don't let you complete payment if its not in stock, so not sure what you did wrong 😂

Since (a) I did exactly what I have done every other time I've ordered from them, (b) I got a collection notification on my phone, © the payment was showing on my PayPal account and (d) they had it on their system when I went to collect it I think it's safe to assume that the fault was theirs, not mine.

Toolstation and screwfix don't let you complete payment if its not in stock, so not sure what you did wrong 😂

Since (a) I did exactly what I have done every other time I've ordered from them, (b) I got a collection notification on my phone, © the payment was showing on my PayPal account and (d) they had it on their system when I went to collect it I think it's safe to assume that the fault was theirs, not mine.

May it be you ordered items deemed non essential.

Dunno - it was a load of MDPE water pipe, so I'm guessing probably not your average DIY purchase! :D

Dunno - it was a load of MDPE water pipe, so I'm guessing probably not your average DIY purchase! :D

I use that stuff to make hoops to protect my veg at the allotment :-)

I know some have been unable to buy hosepipe.

I got it from Screwfix instead about 20 minutes later, so we were OK. There are times when we get through quite a lot of it depending on how our aquatic lab is configured.