Captain Tom and Government

Ian Frog

Am I the only person that thinks it is disgusting that the government are proposing to take Capt Tom to the opening of a new hospital in Harrogate?

An inspirational man in his late 90`s taken to be used as a focal point by the powers that be possibly to try to deflect criticism of how they have reacted to the current situation.

Feel free to call me cynical but I am not entirely comfortable with this.

Hope you are all well and your loved ones likewise and to those we know are directly affected or have family that are suffering our thoughts are with you.

Cheers

Ian

The Gov didn't give a fek about him before he became a national hero, let the man be and just give him dues and not use him for political justification, gov't hypocrites :twisted:

It's taken Tom a long time to be famous I'm sure he's more than capable to make his own decisions.

Actually it`s his frail health and good nature that made me make the comment in the first place.

He appears to be a lovely guy caught up in a whirlwind of publicity and so called celebritys appearing in his life.

My own father is in his 90`s and I would worry if the same happened to him.

Cheers

Ian

Let him have the Spitfire flypast on his birthday on April 30th. Safer for him and probably a whole lot more enjoyable than having to listen to some politician droning on and probably lying through his/her back teeth.

It's taken Tom a long time to be famous I'm sure he's more than capable to make his own decisions.

Actually it`s his frail health and good nature that made me make the comment in the first place.

He appears to be a lovely guy caught up in a whirlwind of publicity and so called celebritys appearing in his life.

Cheers

Ian

My dad is 90 he's just built new doors for his shed, made a sliding hoist with a winch as he can't move engines by hand any more, he would tell them exactly where to go.

I think Tom's family will be keeping an eye on him, I do get the concern for him though.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" , That is the true meaning of hero. People who have served in the forces and served in less hospitable surroundings understand this statement, these are true hero's, lets not water that down

Cheers

Ian

My dad is 90 he's just built new doors for his shed, made a sliding hoist with a winch as he can't move engines by hand any more, he would tell them exactly where to go.

I think Tom's family will be keeping an eye on him, I do get the concern for him though.

I hope you are right regarding his family (I am sure you are).

It is probably the difference in our respective fathers situation that made us look at this differently.

Mine no longer has the strength physically or mentally to do half what he used to in his 70`s and 80`s.

I am pleased for you that yours is doing so well.

Cheers

Ian

I was under the impression he would be opening the Hospital via video link, I could be mistaken.

Oh not heard that !

It makes sense and I hope you are right.

If you are I will wind my neck in a bit.

Please bear in mind he lives within 15 miles of that moron Nadine Doriss !

So anything is possible.

Cheers

Ian

I hope all goes well for him, but i can't help thinking that the bast'ds in gov't are just going to use him as a political pawn as to how proud they are of our servicemen in times of need, he already did his service once, there should have been no need for him to feel the need do it again, the gov't cut the funding for the NHS they are responsible for finding the money to pay for it w'nkers :twisted:

I hope all goes well for him, but i can't help thinking that the bast'ds in gov't are just going to use him as a political pawn as to how proud they are of our servicemen in times of need, he already did his service once, there should have been no need for him to feel the need do it again, the gov't cut the funding for the NHS they are responsible for finding the money to pay for it w'nkers :twisted:

Sorry but in another week he will be forgotten, like a lot of us Ex-Service men who served in different battles around the world for this s++thole of a country, he will be another statistic like some of my service friends have been

Forgotten maybe but if this country is such a shithole why stick with it? Xtreme has voted with his feet and fair do to him but there's a hell of a lot of countries a damn sight worse - most of Asia, all of South America, all of Africa, Eastern Europe, Russia, the mid East and the Balkans. That doesn't leave much.

Not everyone who's ever served with the military would agree with your depiction. That said the way successive governments of all political persuasions have treated ex- servicemen with regards to Northern Ireland and Iraq/Afghanistan is nothing short of an absolute disgrace.

Shit hole of a country, fook off to another one by all means 👍

It's not perfect but I think you should go live in a real shit hole of a country for a while, like one with no health service, no welfare state, no support for anyone and where if your killed no one gives a stuff.