Brake pads

Stu

What do you use and why?

I have just ordered a full set of pads for the FJR

I used to use carbone lorraine pads but I found they needed a bit of heat in them to work well and in the wet they just kept cool and under performed!

I switched to EBC HH pads about 7 or 8 years ago and not used anything else since

What do you use and why?

I used to use carbone lorraine pads but I found they needed a bit of heat in them to work well and in the wet they just kept cool and under performed!

I switched to EBC HH pads about 7 or 8 years ago and not used anything else since

Wise choice and one I agree with.

I cant help thinking that their abrasive qualities will accelerate disc wear but I don't care as they really work !

Even help make a Busa feel like the brakes are working.

Cheers

Ian

What do you use and why?

Wise choice and one I agree with.

I cant help thinking that their abrasive qualities will accelerate disc wear but I don't care as they really work !

Even help make a Busa feel like the brakes are working.

Cheers

Ian

I had the pads coupled with a set of Braking wavey discs on the TL jesus did that thing stop quickly!! I upgraded the calipers from the tokico 4 pots to nissin 4 pots and it only needed two finger braking to haul its arse to a stop :shock: The pads may well wear discs quicker but can't put a price on safety :)

Get on a standard Hayabusa lol you would shit yourself lol.

I still wonder t people not even upgrading the hoses and wonder if they put their feet down lol.

Cheers

Ian

The first gen had the 6 pots that were almost as useless as the 4 pots :lol:

A lot of people upgrade to the 4 pot Nissins.

The rest of us clean and look after the Tock`s and I am not sure who is right.

Oh and the rich kids buy Brembos or have adaptors made for blue spots or radials.

You pays your money etc!

Cheers

Ian

After having 4 a 6's in the tokicos I would always bin them and fit Nissin 4 pots!

With EBC HH pads :D

I think we will always agree on the right part of the menu !

Just wish the Nissins were always available at reasonable prices and not requiring other names to be ground off them lol.

ZRX`s for example with Triumph on the calipers just looks daft!

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

I have a set of 4 pot triumph 955i calipers on the old ninja which were amazing compared to the 6 pot tokicos my current ninja is sporting which are bloody useless unless you keep them very clean which I.......dont

I’ve just put a set of front EBC HH’s on the Versys on Monday.

The OEM’s were pretty low. They have managed 13,500 odd miles, so not bad.

The Versys has 4 pot Tokiko’s and so for I’ve not got any complaints. Always been 2 finger braking. The rear is fine. I hardly use it except for very slow stuff.

Can’t wait to get out and bed them in!

Ebc sintered for me but don’t use many pads, my Fazer 1000 has still got the front pads in from when I got the bike in 2005.

But been through 100 pairs of boots. :wink:

You still up and down with virus?

Guest Swagman

Ebc sintered for me but don’t use many pads, my Fazer 1000 has still got the front pads in from when I got the bike in 2005.

But been through 100 pairs of boots. :wink:

You still up and down with virus?

Yes mate still struggling just helped clean The daughters triumph took a hour and now I’m cream crackered,I thought that was what the boots were for :D :D .

Edited by Swagman

Search ebay with EBC code > sort by price + P&P lowest first > top one. Not even died yet!

I am looking to break this habit with the K100 though, the brakes are so marginal that I just daren't. I fancy trying some of EBC's newish semi-sintered V series, haven't seen any proper reviews of them and the unknown is always enticing.

Search ebay with EBC code > sort by price + P&P lowest first > top one. Not even died yet!

This is exactly what I do too

Usually these guys are cheaper than Ebay

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk

Totally agree with [mention]husoi[/mention], that's where I shop for my brake pads too. I too use EBC HH pads as they were the ones that came recommended on websites when I was looking to buy new brake pads for the CBR125. Just stuck with the brand after I changed bike as the pads were really good for the CBR.