Where is everyone (I blame Hoggs)

Bender

So what's happened, ths site has been really busy and a nice distraction for the last month, then Hoggs announces her return and it's like the place has been abandoned, coincidence or something more sinister?

People are still around they just aren't posting :?

Guest Swagman

So what's happened, ths site has been really busy and a nice distraction for the last month, then Hoggs announces her return and it's like the place has been abandoned, coincidence or something more sinister?

Think they are all cleaning their bikes. :D :D

I was actually out on my bike as I had to take some stuff into hospital for my wife. Still haven't seen her for over a fortnight and speaking is difficult. Still she is improving and actually asking for sensible stuff. Baby steps but in the right direction.

Guest Swagman

I was actually out on my bike as I had to take some stuff into hospital for my wife. Still haven't seen her for over a fortnight and speaking is difficult. Still she is improving and actually asking for sensible stuff. Baby steps but in the right direction.

That’s great news hope she keeps recovering well. :D :D :D

[mention]Stu[/mention] I got bored earlier and looked into when some members who haven't posted here in ages last logged in. Was actually really suprised, loads that haven't posted in years still come in for a quick browse :scratch:

@Stu I got bored earlier and looked into when some members who haven't posted here in ages last logged in. Was actually really suprised, loads that haven't posted in years still come in for a quick browse :scratch:

Yeah I looked up an odd name the other night hadn't posted in 3yrs but was lurking.

In my defense I try to reply to stuff and contribute but I am back at work now and my time is somewhat limited.

However on nice days I have the advantage of riding from Beds to Barnet 68 miles each way so I get my fix lol.

Cheers

Ian

@Stu I got bored earlier and looked into when some members who haven't posted here in ages last logged in. Was actually really suprised, loads that haven't posted in years still come in for a quick browse :scratch:

xxgiphy.gif.d9254b48f64606d688db0d8fe82108d4.gif

Guest Richzx6r

At last some good news for you mate, hopefully it continues and that it wont be long till you get to see her again and get her back home

I make a point of posting something at least once a day, even if it is drivel! :lol:

Hats off to you Ian.......it's not an easy gig repeating "Good Morning" and "Good Evening" over 16000 times each!

1074966721_giphy(2).gif.77f05b595fdd7d7b0df22a30219f2e15.gif

I remember the Wurzels when I was s teen-ager, lo these many years ago. I thought it was funny never having met a real life Wurzel. About 20 years ago when my daughter was at Dartmouth I met my first real ones. Jesus they are real! Later when I was living in Somerset half my neighbours were and some of the real old style cider pubs (nothing effete like beer allowed) in Bristol were an eye-opener. Quite a shock to me with my sheltered life to that date.😈

Guest Richzx6r

I remember the Wurzels when I was s teen-ager, lo these many years ago. I thought it was funny never having met a real life Wurzel. About 20 years ago when my daughter was at Dartmouth I met my first real ones. Jesus they are real! Later when I was living in Somerset half my neighbours were and some of the real old style cider pubs (nothing effete like beer allowed) in Bristol were an eye-opener. Quite a shock to me with my sheltered life to that date.😈

And.....why would you want anything else but cider?? None of this gnats piss lager shite its bloody horrible

IMG_20200423_201827350.thumb.jpg.6205035587956879036e2d3a4806bcb4.jpg

Proper beer

Didn't mention lager, right foreign muck. Proper beer is what you want none of this overblown fruit juice. Theakstons, Black Sheep, Spitfire, any proper ale even stout will do. Edited by S-Westerly

I wouldn't drink cider at all after too many nights drinking flat warm bottles of merrydown as a teen :lol:

Many years later my father-in-law reintroduced me to it as it was the only thing he had in to drink and I've enjoyed it since :cheers:

Speaking of which, does anyone remember the Stella Artois Cidre? I quite liked the pear one