After many, many years

Mawsley

Some may remember me harping on years ago about how I'd only ever save up for a machine and pay cash. I kinda did with the XT, but I always hankered for a bigger machine again (especially when the XJ9 went off to a new home). I lost the Ultraglide and GSX14 when I went bankrupt.

The Coronas had me locked up in the bedroom for days on end scanning dealer websites and test videos like a sweaty lech peers through windows in Amsterdam's red light district. In the end I went 'fudge it' and pulled the trigger on a finance deal. Kinda hoping it doesn't bite me in the arse, living on credit scares me witless.

So here's me with a monthly repayment, out to the tune of a hefty deposit, and no bike to show for it. I didn't think this through clearly :lol:

New bike...once the lockdown is lifted and I can collect it:

hqdefault.jpg

You are only here once Mawsley so why not enjoy life. :D :D :D

That's almost exactly what went through my mind as I lay there. I figured that as it was all touch and go at one point, all the saving for the future was pretty redundant if I never got there.

It's daft now though. I'll open a folder on the desktop and look at pictures, get all excited, then have to close it again. Looking at videos on YouTube doesn't seem to help - it's like watching a bloke making love to your betrothed on a pron site. I'm sure there's people who enjoy that kind of thing, XTreme probably, but it's not for me. :lol:

Very nice :thumb:

If it makes you feel better, I put a deposit down on a new van just before the shit hit, I am now paying for a new van that I will be luky to get by August as its build date keeps getting shoved back.

Oh mate that sucks balls. I didn't think for one second about the build time - if I'm still waiting in August there's going to be tears before bedtime.

Very nice Maws I'm sure you will enjoy it :thumb:

I've done one true distance tour on the XT600 - and it killed me. Can't wait to straddle a decent sized machine again - even if I did fancy one with a stereo. Guess I'll have to get some of them Bluetooth speakers for the helmet that all the young trendy folk have.

Guest Swagman

You are only here once Mawsley so why not enjoy life. :D :D :D

That's almost exactly what went through my mind as I lay there. I figured that as it was all touch and go at one point, all the saving for the future was pretty redundant if I never got there.

It's daft now though. I'll open a folder on the desktop and look at pictures, get all excited, then have to close it again. Looking at videos on YouTube doesn't seem to help - it's like watching a bloke making love to your betrothed on a pron site. I'm sure there's people who enjoy that kind of thing, XTreme probably, but it's not for me. :lol:

But something very nice to look forward to. :D :D :D

Very nice :thumb:

If it makes you feel better, I put a deposit down on a new van just before the shit hit, I am now paying for a new van that I will be luky to get by August as its build date keeps getting shoved back.

Oh mate that sucks balls. I didn't think for one second about the build time - if I'm still waiting in August there's going to be tears before bedtime.

Cheers, it is what it is unfortunately, I've never owned a brand new anything before, transport wise, kinda took the shine off it, hey ho.

Have you ordered any extras?

Very nice! I hope you get to enjoy it soon.

I think I'm going to change my bike again when they re-open :thumb:

are you not happy with the one you have Ian :?:

I believe that it's the continual attention from truckers asking for blow jobs that's got to him!

Guest Richzx6r

I too will hopefully be replacing the ninja with something more comfortable once this is all over with.

Hope you like the new bike, I loved it when I had a test ride though the gearbox takes a lot of getting used to if you have gone for the quick shifter its very very sensitive

When I test rode the Trophy SE which has the same engine in it the motor was't too bad and the gearbox was OK

Felt weird though as not enough go for my liking! :?

I too will hopefully be replacing the ninja with something more comfortable once this is all over with.

Hope you like the new bike, I loved it when I had a test ride though the gearbox takes a lot of getting used to if you have gone for the quick shifter its very very sensitive

what will you be getting Rich something more bandit style :?:

Guest Richzx6r

what will you be getting Rich something more bandit style :?:

I'm thinking about either v strom thou or maybe a busa just need to get a test on both to make up my mind really

I would say the distance from bum to peg is slightly more so less like the mating frog position.

I find it ok on the knees and I am 6ft with 34inch inside leg.

Longest journey on the Busa so far North Beds to Dorchester and back in one day about 173 miles each way and I was ok.

I would say at slow speeds the wrists can ache after a while and a double bubble screen helps as well !

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

I would say the distance from bum to peg is slightly more so less like the mating frog position.

I find it ok on the knees and I am 6ft with 34inch inside leg.

Longest journey on the Busa so far North Beds to Dorchester and back in one day about 173 miles each way and I was ok.

I would say at slow speeds the wrists can ache after a while and a double bubble screen helps as well !

Cheers

Ian

Well I'm only 5'10 so hopefully It will be a busa as I have always wanted to have one since I got in to bikes