RF900R exhaust

Ericc1995

My old Suzuki rf900 has the standard exhaust on it still after 26 years, it's a year older than myself lol. I would lile to change it but not for any particular performance reason as it is my daily rider. The standard pipes are in good condition with minor pitting and surface corrosion.

I just want it to sound a bit better, i prefer a louder exhasut to engine noise.

Has anyone fitted a slip on to one of these bikes that could confirm this is all it needs. What are the benefits of a full system over a slip on?

Regards, Eric.

A mate of mine had the renault megane 900* err sorry RF900 with a slip on can and it sounded good

if you go full system you will find that you will need to have a rejet and stuff with an end can you will lose a little mid range but not loads! the only real way to see is by fitting one

*We used to call my mates a megane due to the huge rear end :lol:

A mate of mine had the renault megane 900* err sorry RF900 with a slip on can and it sounded good

if you go full system you will find that you will need to have a rejet and stuff with an end can you will lose a little mid range but not loads! the only real way to see is by fitting one

*We used to call my mates a megane due to the huge rear end :lol:

Aye the back end is something else lol, still not worse than the busa but it doesn't go like one either tbf. Still very reliable and i dont mind it getting drenched in the Scottish weather.