Can you ride without blinkers and headlights?

potatobroxd

I've been reparing my front forks a lot lately and to access the pinch bolts I need to remove the front headlights and brackets (stupid design i know). Ive accidentally dropped a bolt somewhere in my bike and now i cant re-attach the front headlight bracket and delivery takes 2 weeks.

So.. can i actually ride in the DAY TIME without front headlights and blinkers if they are totally removed from the bike? (I ride to buy groceries as i dont have a car)

Yes you can

The ruling is if they are fitted they must work

And as you have modified it you will need to inform your insurance that you have removed them.

Would it be classed as temporary and be OK? :?

Yes you can

The ruling is if they are fitted they must work

And as you have modified it you will need to inform your insurance that you have removed them.

An insurance company will use anything to get out of paying and you have no way of proving when you were going to put them back on.

An insurance company will use anything to get out of paying and you have no way of proving when you were going to put them back on.

They would first have to prove that removing them caused the accident

Maybe they flew off in the accident. :angel12:

Who said accident :?

https://www.confused.com/motorbike-insurance/guides/remember-to-declare-motorbike-modifications-to-your-insurer#

If your headlight is removed, all other lights must be removed. That includes taillight and 4x turn signals. If a taillight bulb breaks during daylight hours, you must cover all other lights with tape, and use arms as turn signals.

motorcycle-arm-signal-turn-left.jpg

Edited by Guest

If your headlight is removed, all other lights must be removed. That includes taillight and 4x turn signals. If a headlight or taillight bulb breaks during daylight hours, you must cover all other lights with tape, and use arms as turn signals.

Source?

without lights it would be a daytime mot

There is no such thing :wink:

When did you last get a night time mot 😂

They close at 5 which is an evening :popcorn:

OK I will get my coat :seeya:

If your headlight is removed, all other lights must be removed. That includes taillight and 4x turn signals. If a headlight or taillight bulb breaks during daylight hours, you must cover all other lights with tape, and use arms as turn signals.

Source?

red wine , vodka and stella is a strong possibility

Source?

red wine , vodka and stella is a strong possibility

No weed?

As I think he is smoking something :lol: