sinclair C5

goat

There's a bloke who goes past our house everyday in/ on a sinclair C5. Assuming he lives in the next village. The other day there were two of them in convoy. Anyone driven one? They look pretty ridiculous and don't look too safe on the fast B roads round here with big farm vehicles.

Guest Richzx6r

£900 plus batteries. No idea what kind it takes and TBH not really interested as I can't imagine any circumstances whatsoever that I'd want one.

Could be good for getting around on your dingy?

I think they where ahead of they're time.

I keep pondering something similar but with modern hub drive motors used on electric bikes.

A mini super light weight electric Ariel Atom/ Nomad.

Capable of 40-50mph 40ish mile range. We would only need 1 car..

I always wanted one but never quite managed, they go for silly money now, and like [mention]onesea[/mention] said he was ahead of his time with the C5, if he had brought it out 10 years later might have stood more of a chance, but he did sell quite a few of them though :thumb:

If they are descended from whales they probably have flippers instead of opposable thumbs so I think the controls would have to be all levers. Sounds complicated but maybe you could get interstellar travel out of it.

If they are descended from whales they probably have flippers instead of opposable thumbs so I think the controls would have to be all levers. Sounds complicated but maybe you could get interstellar travel out of it.

But only if you fit a propeller

Guest Swagman

But only if you fit a propeller

But will a propeller work in space. :D

So err.. I have actually had a ride in a C5 and thought it was fantastic. The ergonomics of the handlebars under your knees looks all kinds of wrong but actually feels so very right, and because you're held in place/pushing against the seat you can really give the pedals some welly.

In fact it'd be pretty damn useful for nipping to the shops now there are hardly any cars on the road!

Do they have anywhere to put the shopping having bought it?

Hang it on the handle bars like most do. Oh I se a problem. :lol: